Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

Default Re: How would the following players do at Rucker Park?

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Lol dude just GTFO of this topic. You're .

Not even one of them has athleticism comparable, sorry. They don't make it in the NBA because they either:
    -Are too short
    -Are NOWHERE near athletic enough
    -Their talent just does not translate to winning organized basketball

That's it. Guys like Smush Parker and Kenny Smith shat on streetballers growing up and their athleticism is nowhere near that of Nate. You are really, really, really dumb if you honestly believed what you wrote. They don't get in the NBA because they AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

This is such an abominably stupid post I'm not going to waste more time with you.
    who's not one of them? Like I said there's street ballers out there who are just as athletic as Nate. Not my fault you don't get out and stay on the internet thinking you know much. Yes guys are not making it because they are not good enough, but these guys are also not making because of not having the opportunity because of academics. You need to go to college for a year to get into the NBA now. You also need to graduate from high school to do such a thing. So I don't see how that makes me dumb for stating something that is actually true. You have rules you have to abide by to make it into the NBA. So who is ignorant and misinformed?

I wasn't good enough to start on my high school basketball team but I was good enough to make. I was and just as athletic as Nate and still some what is even at age 32. In high school I was considered a super athlete. Track and Field and wrestling was my spot. Even played Football and got offered a scholarship but looked at the ones that were offered in track. Anyways I met plenty of guys that were athletic freaks just like myself. Don't assume all athletic freaks make it in the pros and no one is athletic as a pro athlete.

I can get buckets at Rucker Park. Anyone on that list could do it too if they took it seriously.

lol @ everyone thinking they could have made it. they are exceptions but they are VERY VERY few.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    who's not one of them? Like I said there's street ballers out there who are just as athletic as Nate. Not my fault you don't get out and stay on the internet thinking you know much. Yes guys are not making it because they are not good enough, but these guys are also not making because of not having the opportunity because of academics. You need to go to college for a year to get into the NBA now. You also need to graduate from high school to do such a thing. So I don't see how that makes me dumb for stating something that is actually true. You have rules you have to abide by to make it into the NBA. So who is ignorant and misinformed?

I wasn't good enough to start on my high school basketball team but I was good enough to make. I was and just as athletic as Nate and still some what is even at age 32. In high school I was considered a super athlete. Track and Field and wrestling was my spot. Even played Football and got offered a scholarship but looked at the ones that were offered in track. Anyways I met plenty of guys that were athletic freaks just like myself. Don't assume all athletic freaks make it in the pros and no one is athletic as a pro athlete.

Oh you were as athletic as Nate. Ok bro.

Look man, I was an athlete too in high school. And I knew plenty of super athletes. In fact, our basketball team had a guy on it named Jeremy Lin and we won the DII state champ title. Oh yeah and California produces top level athletes in absolutely every sport. Might go as far as to say as CA is the most athletically talented state. Our high school beasted in sports (recently won a CA Open football title) of all kinds. Track, football, bball, water polo, whatever.

No one who was talented enough to make college team, didn't make it.

Like I said, Monta and D Rose are in the NBA and Monta doesn't know how to use a computer. These streetballers have no excuses.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 08-10-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter

Still surprised by how long JJ Barea has been able to stay in the league. He also looks like an ugly baby.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    -Are too short
    -Are NOWHERE near athletic enough
    -Their talent just does not translate to winning organized basketball

That's it. Guys like Smush Parker and Kenny Smith shat on streetballers growing up and their athleticism is nowhere near that of Nate. You are really, really, really dumb if you honestly believed what you wrote. They don't get in the NBA because they AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH..
    thats the main thing.. they play a streetball style not good for the NBA.

there could be a bunch of nate robinsons out there in the streets.. he has that strength and vert at 5'9.. literally a 100 CBs/RBs/WRs that are just as jacked and fast, but most short people dont try for basketball especially the pros. They would have a much better chance trying to go the NFL route where pure athleticism > height plus way more roster spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Still surprised by how long JJ Barea has been able to stay in the league. He also looks like an ugly baby.
    I still don't understand how Barea has done as well as he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    thats the main thing.. they play a streetball style not good for the NBA.

there could be a bunch of nate robinsons out there in the streets.. he has that strength and vert at 5'9.. literally a 100 CBs/RBs/WRs that are just as jacked and fast, but most short people dont try for basketball especially the pros. They would have a much better chance trying to go the NFL route where pure athleticism > height plus way more roster spots.
    that not the main thing. they just arent that good. I'm a former college player and have played street ball my entire life. They just aren't that good. Even at Rucker you get a lot of D2 kids ballin out....why? because that comp is nothing special compared to actual leagues.

JJ Barea would shit all over ever Rucker Park.

They have Ruckers this year at Barclays for a day or two which i find so strange. Ruckers inside Barclays in front of a tiny crowd (Nets games don't always sell out, this will?) is going to lack everything that makes it special. It's all about some stars playing outside in front of that atmosphere in the park. Indoors it's like an exhibition game at Barclays, small crowd, quiet.