Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease TMacYaoRockets's Avatar

Default Donatas Motiejunas On Dwight And James Harden

[QUOTE]Simonas Baranauskas @LithuaniaBasket

National High School Star

Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas On Dwight And James Harden

The actual interview:

Q: When communicating with Howard and Harden, what do you talk about? A: Basically I say just "Hello" and "Goodbye" to them. Q: They don't invite you to barbecue or something? A: No, they eat different food than me. Q: What? Do you mean they eat oysters? A: No... being European, I am more likely to eat oyster than them. They eat fast food

And then later dmo says in the interview that dwight is a fun guy

Damn sensationalism

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    The actual interview:

Q: When communicating with Howard and Harden, what do you talk about? A: Basically I say just "Hello" and "Goodbye" to them. Q: They don't invite you to barbecue or something? A: No, they eat different food than me. Q: What? Do you mean they eat oysters? A: No... being European, I am more likely to eat oyster than them. They eat fast food

Damn sensationalism
    /thread

Bay Areaaaaaaaaaaa! DavisWarriorsFan's Avatar

The actual interview:

Damn sensationalism
    where's the link?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DavisWarriorsFan
    where's the link?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=386HValVYKg
    Here is the full interview in Lithuaniun, someone translated the controversial parts on reddit

Look at Howards Instagram.

There's all kinds of pictures of the team eating out. For someone who was too playful and friendly for Kobe, all of a sudden he doesn't like his teammates? Reporter twisted DMo's words around, again.

Da Mavs

Turns out it's complete BS.

http://deadspin.com/game-of-telephon...ium=socialflow
    Q: When communicating with Howard and Harden, what do you talk about?

A: Basically I say just "Hello" and "Goodbye" to them.

Q: They don't invite you to barbecue or something?

A: No, they eat different food than me.

Q: What? Do you mean they eat oysters?

A: No... being European, I am more likely to eat oyster than them. They eat fast food.

yea, dwight really hates his teammates

Dwight Howard got his Houston Rockets teammates some very fancy Christmas gifts (Photos)
    Dan Devine By Dan Devine
    December 26, 2013 11:16 AM
    Ball Don't Lie
    Dwight Howard says he is once again enjoying playing basketball as a member of the Houston Rockets after a bummerific year with the Los Angeles Lakers, and evidently, he was willing to go all-out this Christmas to show his teammates just how much he appreciates their help in rediscovering his smile.

Howard stuffed All-Star shooting guard James Harden's stocking with a very clean Audemars Piguet watch:

Quoth the Beard's Instagram caption: "S/O to my guy!!!! @dwighthoward got me the AP I wanted for Christmas. That's love bro."

(So was this, although apparently Harden wasn't quite so keen on it.)

Continuing the wrist-bling theme, Howard went the Rolex route for Chandler Parsons, Omri Casspi and Greg Smith:

"Thanks to the big homie @dwighthoward man got ya boy his first Rolex!!! It's woooo," Smith wrote, then added three "100" emojis, presumably because he views this as the perfect gift.

Howard's gift-giving spree extended beyond timepieces, too, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein:

Howard [...] also sprung for a five-figure pair of limited edition Nike Air Mags modeled after the glowing shoes that transported Michael J. Fox to the year 2015 in "Back To The Future II" to present to stunned Rockets guard Aaron Brooks.
    "Very, very exclusive," Brooks said. "He follows me on Instagram and he knows I'm into shoes and that's how he knew what I like.
    "So generous. Most people on the outside look at him wrong. I know 'cause I did, too, before [becoming Howard's teammate]. He's a great guy. Huge heart."
    And, perhaps more importantly, just plain huge. The biggest gift Howard has given his teammates and Rockets fans has been his sensational play this month: 21.3 points, 15 rebounds, nearly three combined blocks and steals, and two assists in 35.2 minutes per game, shooting just under 62 percent from the field and 60 percent from the foul line in 12 December games. He's looked more athletic in getting off the floor, smoother and more comfortable when operating out of the post, and more explosive when diving to the rim off the pick-and-roll; he's looked much more like the pre-back-injury, Orlando Magic version of Dwight recently than we saw at any time during his ill-fated stint in L.A.

Howard turned in another strong performance on Wednesday, scoring 15 points and grabbing 20 rebounds in 34 1/2 minutes to help pace the Rockets to a 111-98 Christmas Day win over the San Antonio Spurs. While Smith didn't suit up, as he continues to work his way back from a right knee injury, Harden (28 points, six rebounds, six assists), Parsons (21 points, six rebounds, six assists), Brooks (six points in 14 minutes off the bench) and Casspi (seven points, two assists in 19 minutes) all played like guys who really appreciated their teammate's kind gift-giving. Can you blame them?

Just because they don't eat together doesn't mean they don't have a good relationship. There are several pictures of them hanging out. Majority of those pics can be seen on Instagram and their Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Just because they don't eat together doesn't mean they don't have a good relationship. There are several pictures of them hanging out. Majority of those pics can be seen on Instagram and their Twitter.
    people are just desperate to justify their dislike of harden and howard

Ok screw this, I am gonna make translation of some of the questions myself right here and right now. So you can judge yourself. I do interpretations and translations at uni. Should be accurate more or less.

R: Who's the toughest opponent to guard ?
    D-Mo: Zach Randolph, he's very strong physically and got some nice moves too.

R: In which team would you like to play if you had to leave Houston Rockets ?
    D-Mo: Probably in Los Angeles, because they don't have good big men so I would have a chance to show myself.

R: Lakers or Clippers ?
    D-Mo: Lakers
    R: Yeah I guess Clippers have some good big men (unclear, gets interrupted).

R: Which Houston Rockets player you get along best with ?
    D-Mo: Used to (emphasizes as in the past as Lin was traded) with Jeremy Lin.

R: Why him, is he homie(no exact translation for that word but it's very close to homie) ?
    D-Mo: Yes, exactly. He's very supportive too. When I played in dleague he was always texting me, asking me how I am doing. And even now, in summer when he got traded we still called and texted each other. Real pleasure to be friends with that man.

R: And what's your relationship with Harden or Howard ?
    D-Mo: Hello and Goodbye.

R: Really ? They are such stars ? They don't even say "Hey man how you doing ?"(quoted part was in english) They don't say it like this, no ?
    D-Mo: Like that ? No no...

R: "Would you like my sandwich ?"(quoted part was in english) Don't say either, no ?
    D-Mo: No no...

R: Cooking something of your own together isn't really possible, like barbecues ?
    D-Mo: Hardly.

R: Understandable.
    D-Mo: They(Harden and Howard) eat at different places and bit different food.

R: Really ? Do they eat oisters ?
    D-Mo: No, no. Oisters.. well I mean it's probably something that I (reporter interrupts after "I" with "european") would eat. They like fast food more.

R: Really ? Kentucky Fried...
    R: Domas(radio show listener) asks how much time you spent making your hair before the game, haha (laughs) good question.
    D-Mo: Before and after ? Before the game, well I come ready. After I don't know 3-4 minutes.

Skipping some more jokes and qusstions about hair. Also brief discussion about Lithuanian humor show he showed up on.

R: Which NBA game do you remember the best ?
    D-Mo: Hmm... I don't even know, hard to think of one.

R: What about the worst ?
    D-Mo: Actually there was 44 such games, the ones I sat on the bench for the whole game.

R: So out of those where you have played, which one was the best ?
    D-Mo: I don't know really.

R: When you sit on the bench during the game, can you play "candy crush" ? (laughing)
    D-Mo: No. I am not allowed to.

R: So to pass time you can do stuff like count how many times you have clapped ?
    D-Mo: Yeah, yeah...(laughing)

R: What do you think about LeBron's coming back to Cleveland ? Question by Mindaugas
    D-Mo: Interesting move, at that time I was playing in summer League. Actually some people were expecting this, because Lebron's wife after season tweeted stuff like "finally home", so you could suspect it.

R: Some time ago, you have told Dwight Howard "catch me if you can", has he reacted somehow to those words ?
    D-Mo: Yeah, we joke around about it sometimes during practices.

R: Does he say something similar to you ever (about D-Mo's phrase "Catch me if you can") ?
    D-Mo: Hmm.. not really, well but he's quite funny guy.

R: Funny or not funny(reporter misheard) ?
    D-Mo: Funny.

R: He's active on instagram with his funny videos and stuff.
    D-Mo: Yeah he's cool dude, he's the soul of the team, he's a guy that it's good to have in the locker room.

All the following questions were about Lithuania national team and their daily stuff etc. except for one where he's asked about contract signign what he can talk about and what he can't after signing one. D-Mo mentions that he can't talk about injuries publicaly, post it on twitter etc.

I translated it carefully, but quickly as it's almsot 2 am, gotta get up in few hours, sorry for mistakes that I've made.

Edit: corrected some typos.
    Last edited by Sakkreth; 08-08-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Can we please stop clumping Dwight and Harden together? Dwight can be stupid sometimes and has damn sure made his fair share of mistakes..but all in all he's not a bad guy.

James Harden is just a straight up dickhead though. Self-centered sociopath with zero semblance of personal hygiene.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Ok screw this, I am gonna make translation of some of the questions myself right here and right now. So you can judge yourself. I do interpretations and translations at uni. Should be accurate more or less.

R: Who's the toughest opponent to guard ?
    D-Mo: Zach Randolph, he's very strong physically and got some nice moves too.

R: In which team would you like to play if you had to leave Houston Rockets ?
    D-Mo: Probably in Los Angeles, because they don't have good big men so I would have a chance to show myself.

R: Lakers or Clippers ?
    D-Mo: Lakers
    R: Yeah I guess Clippers have some good big men (unclear, gets interrupted).

R: Which Houston Rockets player you get along best with ?
    D-Mo: Used to (emphasizes as in the past as Lin was traded) with Jeremy Lin.

R: Why him, is he homie(no exact translation for that word but it's very close to homie) ?
    D-Mo: Yes, exactly. He's very supportive too. When I played in dleague he was always texting me, asking me how I am doing. And even now, in summer when he got traded we still called and texted each other. Real pleasure to be friends with that man.

R: And what's your relationship with Harden or Howard ?
    D-Mo: Hello and Goodbye.

R: Really ? They are such stars ? They don't even say "Hey man how you doing ?"(quoted part was in english) They don't say it like this, no ?
    D-Mo: Like that ? No no...

R: "Would you like my sandwich ?"(quoted part was in english) Don't say either, no ?
    D-Mo: No no...

R: Cooking something of your own together isn't really possible, like barbecues ?
    D-Mo: Hardly.

R: Understandable.
    D-Mo: They(Harden and Howard) eat at different places and bit different food.

R: Really ? Do they eat oisters ?
    D-Mo: No, no. Oisters.. well I mean it's probably something that I (reporter interrupts after "I" with "european") would eat. They like fast food more.

R: Really ? Kentucky Fried...
    R: Domas(radio show listener) asks how much time you spent making your hair before the game, haha (laughs) good question.
    D-Mo: Before and after ? Before the game, well I come ready. After I don't know 3-4 minutes.

Skipping some more jokes and qeustiosn bout hair. Also brief discussion bout humor show he recently showed up on in Lithuania.

R: Which NBA game do you remember the best ?
    D-Mo: Hmm... I don't even know, hard to think of one.

R: What about the worst ?
    D-Mo: Actually there was 44 such games, the ones I sat on the bench for the whole game.

R: So out of those where you have played, which one was the best ?
    D-Mo: I don't know really.

R: When you sit on the bench during the game, can you play "candy crush" ? (laughing)
    D-Mo: No. I am not allowed to.

R: So to pass time you can do stuff like count how many times you have clapped ?
    D-Mo: Yeah, yeah...(laughing)

R: What do you think about LeBron's coming back to Cleveland ? Question by Mindaugas
    D-Mo: Interesting move, at that time I was playing in summer League. Actually some people wasexpecting this, because Lebron's wife after season tweeted stuff like "finally home", so you could suspect it.

R: Soem time ago, you had told to Dwight Howard "catch me if you can", has he reacted somehow to those words ?
    D-Mo: Yeah, we joke around about it sometimes in practices.

R: Does he say something similar to you ever (about D-Mo's phrase "Catch me if you can") ?
    D-Mo: Hmm.. not really, well but he's quite funny guy.

R: Funny or not funny(reported misheard) ?
    D-Mo: Funny.

R: He's active on instagram with his funny videos and stuff.
    D-Mo: Yeah he's cool dude, he's the soul of the team, he's a guy that it's good to have in the locker room.

All the following questions were about Lithuania national team and their daily stuff etc. except for one where he's asked about contract signign what he can talk about and what he can't after signing one. D-Mo mentions that he can't talk about injuries publicaly, post it on twitter etc.

I translated it carefully, but quickly as it's almsot 2 am, gotta get up in few hours, sorry for mistakes that I've made.
    Thanks brah. Would rep you but my reds won't do anything

Very good NBA starter

its obvious there was a divide on that team.

every picture of them during dinners the blacks were eating on different tables from the minorities (whites and asian)

The actual interview:

Damn sensationalism
    D-Mo and Dwight always hang out. There are so many pictures of them together