Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: Matrix "leaning strongly" towards signing with Cavs

lol @ people who act like GMs shouldn't have players signed if the opportunity arrives, and then tries to act like the star player on the team is doing something wrong

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    I disagree Miller was one of the Grizz best Playoff performers last season and if Healthy is a good Bench player and bound to have some big moments or games in any series. Matrix in his worst season since rookie year last season average almost 11 and 6. He would be great coming off bench and playing some tough Defense and knocking down a big shot or grabbing a big rebound.Jones on other hand will probably not play much except in garbage time much like with Heat. Billups I did not include and not sure if he is necessary cause Delly is young plays solid D and can knock down the 3 ball.
    He was a seven ppg scorer in the playoffs last year??? He has no chance of playing 24 minutes in Cleveland. Played old when he was 26 and is 34 now. '05 is the last year he got double digit scoring. I don't see how he can approach that now. You are looking at a four ppg scorer with one good pass a game. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Lebron still wanting to play with Young Core as Potentially Love,Irving,Waiters and TT are all still young but any smart team would want some Vets with Championship experience that players like Miller and Marion bring. Also a team with more Guys who know how to win is better developing a team with some young guys. Cavs and Lebron would be stupid for wanting to babysit a bunch of youngsters who will take 2 or 3 years to become championship contenders at earliest than to play around a team that will be good near term and long term.

5-time NBA All-Star

Marion in the playoffs was eight and five in 27 minutes. He'll get half as many minutes here as well. He's a hustle player coming into conference that plays a tigher game. He won't be getting as many open looks and will be facing even more hustle players. Being a hustle player at 36 years old becomes a real choir.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    He was a seven ppg scorer in the playoffs last year??? He has no chance of playing 24 minutes in Cleveland. Played old when he was 26 and is 34 now. '05 is the last year he got double digit scoring. I don't see how he can approach that now. You are looking at a four ppg scorer with one good pass a game. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

He is not needed to score a ton just knock down a big shot play some D and make a big play here or there. Miller can have a game where he knocks down 4 or 5 three's in any series. with Lebron,Love,Irving,Waiters Cavs will not need a ton of scoring just guys playing there roles.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Yeah he's developing them alright. Right into other teams for veteran assets.

You got it.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Marion in the playoffs was eight and five in 27 minutes. He'll get half as many minutes here as well. He's a hustle player coming into conference that plays a tigher game. He won't be getting as many open looks and will be facing even more hustle players. Being a hustle player at 36 years old becomes a real choir.
    The team really needs defense, length and a versatile defender on the wing. Marion, even at his advanced age, fits the bill pretty well. The fact that maybe he can't do quite as many things as he could do even a few years ago isn't a huge drawback. The Cavs aren't going to be asking him to do much more than matching up defensively with certain teams and knock down an open shot occasionally. I think he's still capable of that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Damn, and i thought Marion hated Bron
    this.. wtf.

Banned

LeBron's the only person in his prime on the cavs

the rest are young guns and old vets

noone in their prime to help lebron in the playoffs

Damn this is like the 2014 heat again, Brans gonna have to carry these dudes to the ring

If cavs can win with this roster Bran is top 3 GOAT minimum

Marion will be LeBron's Diaw.
    Great pickup, if they get him.

Ridiculous how loaded that team is.

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Ridiculous how loaded that team is.
    Not sure I'd go as far as to call it "loaded." There are still legitimate issues with depth in the frontcourt. And, given Varejao's recent injury history, one small tweak could throw things off entirely.

The roster is shaping up nicely, though. It's a good mix of young guns and veterans. Also, the floor spacing should be amazing with the Irving-James-Love trio.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Not sure I'd go as far as to call it "loaded." There are still legitimate issues with depth in the frontcourt. And, given Varejao's recent injury history, one small tweak could throw things off entirely.

The roster is shaping up nicely, though. It's a good mix of young guns and veterans. Also, the floor spacing should be amazing with the Irving-James-Love trio.
    If the Cavs get Okafor, and he's healthy, the depth is very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    If the Cavs get Okafor, and he's healthy, the depth is very solid.
    Okafor would be a nice get, but I'm not seeing it. We're going to have to use the minimum to get Marion. Our moves in free agency are coming to a quickly approaching close, especially if this goes through.

We could make a move for another big, but it would have to be through a trade more than likely. Still plenty of assets to move around if we so choose. There's also the possibility that Minnesota could be including something else of service in the trade package (Dieng's name has been brought up).