Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: What Jewish People Dont Understand....

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Why do you guy keep bringing that up? No one is denying Hamas are terrorists. No one is denying they are wrong for their actions.

What is wrong is Israel claiming them to be terrorists when they are committing way more terrorist acts. You cant have it both ways. Either no one is a terrorist or everyone is.

goddamn you're like the real low IQ sheep in America....but but they're killing innocent people .....do u know that Hamas is launching rockets into their territory using Palestinians as human shields? ......but but they're killing innocent people

no depth in your thoughts. pitiful and gross ass yellow teeth too

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Well yeah, being against the killing going on today/lately certainly makes sense.

But Hamas are radically-religiously motivated, and their attacks on Israel are a huge factor in this stuff
    Of course its a factor, and Israel has the right to defend itself. But they have gone way overboard. Like WAY overboard. And it seems to be taboo to even insinuate that without being seen as a racist antisemite.

Being sane, of course I'm on the side that wants nobody to die at all

But, being sane, of course I also notice that lunatic extremist ultra-religious fundamentalist groups keep attacking much-stronger Israel, and then bad things happen, and then everyone yells at Israel

It just seems like lose-lose for Israel (Israel has to sit there and have daily rockets fired into their cities and not do anything, or react), and of course a loss for regular everyday innocent Arabs/Palestinians.

But if you look at the big picture, the common problem in that entire region seems to be the ultra-religious jihadist fundamentalist groups. They are the problem vs Israel, but also in Syria, and also in Libya, and also in Iraq, and also in Yemen, and Pakistan, and a ton of other places across that part of Earth. Making things miserable for other Arabs and other Muslims. Not just in the 1% of the Middle East that is Israel.

While a jihadist group like Hamas keeps messing with Israel, jihadist groups like ISIS/ISIL/etc. are destroying the lives of innocent Arabs/Muslims elsewhere.

I blame the crazy lunatic jihadist groups far more than anybody else around there.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 08-05-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Good college starter

Well, they run Gaza, and they keep using Gaza as a launching pad for wars against a much stronger opponent, and all it keeps doing is resulting in Palestinian deaths

Nobody in Egypt fires rockets at Israel. So now many Egyptians does Israel kill? Zero. The problem is groups like Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc. and those groups are all religious extremists, not merely random dudes who are angry about land or politics
    Like I said they have gone way overboard and I can only hope this reaches a peaceful solution. Would it be fair if a person in Iraq who had they family killed by the US Army came and killed you? A lot of innocent people are getting murdered daily and it just makes me sad when some people dont even acknowledge it.

Well, they run Gaza, and they keep using Gaza as a launching pad for wars against a much stronger opponent, and all it keeps doing is resulting in Palestinian deaths

Nobody in Egypt fires rockets at Israel. So now many Egyptians does Israel kill? Zero. The problem is groups like Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc. and those groups are all religious extremists, not merely random dudes who are angry about land or politics
    Yeah, Hamas are bad guys. Kill every single one of them. The entire population are not all Hamas members though. You wouldn't bomb schools and hospitals in LA because there are crips 2 blocks away.

Good college starter

Being sane, of course I'm on the side that wants nobody to die at all

But, being sane, of course I also notice that lunatic extremist ultra-religious fundamentalist groups keep attacking much-stronger Israel, and then bad things happen, and then everyone yells at Israel

It just seems like lose-lose for Israel, and of course a loss for regular everyday innocent Arabs/Palestinians.

But if you look at the big picture, the common problem in that entire region seems to be the ultra-religious jihadist fundamentalist groups. They are the problem vs Israel, but also in Syria, and also in Libya, and also in Iraq, and also in Yemen, and Pakistan, and a ton of other places across that part of Earth. Making things miserable for other Arabs and other Muslims. Not just in the 1% of the Middle East that is Israel.
    Trust me man I hate terrorists as much as anyone. They are deluded cowards. I just want to reiterate Israel has gone too far and this will be bordering on genocide soon. How much of Palestine will even be left in 50 years?

If it was up to me, all Arabs, Jews, everybody would be safe, the lunatic extremist groups would be gone, and everybody would be happy and simply read InsideHoops for 29 hours a day (minimum)

Good college starter

If it was up to me, all Arabs, Jews, everybody would be safe, the lunatic extremist groups would be gone, and everybody would be happy and simply read InsideHoops for 29 hours a day (minimum)

Yeah man its a bad situation, we just gotta hope things reach a peaceful end soon for everyone

Perhaps it should have just stayed under British rule?

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

This is what the official charter of Hamas says:

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews."

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it"

Etc.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp
    If Israel were killing Hamas militants with minimal civilian casualties, then that would be fine. However, killing over twice as many civilians as militants is unacceptable given Hamas is not a viable threat to destroy Israel (or even create moderate levels of destruction).

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman
    If Israel were killing Hamas militants with minimal civilian casualties, then that would be fine. However, killing over twice as many civilians as militants is unacceptable given Hamas is not a viable threat to destroy Israel (or even create moderate levels of destruction).
    The truly frightening thing is the mindset of people thinking it's perfectly ok that if some scumbags launch a rocket from a place it's perfectly acceptable to kill everything in a 3 block radius. Like as if some guy in St. Louis launched a rocket that you know has almost no chance of causing any actual damage, you would accept the US government blowing up everybody in the entire neighbourhood.

Okay I'm going to admit to some ignorance on Israel Palestinian conflict. So to the posters with more knowledge, how viable is a two state solution?? I would think Palestine being a third world nation still reliant on Israel would lead to further conflicts and not peace. So would a Belgium type solution be a better fit??? Israel already has an Arab Israeli population and settlements could continue in the West Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman
    given Hamas is not a viable threat to destroy Israel (or even create moderate levels of destruction).
    Well, Hamas may not be able to literally wipe Israel out, but they did:

1) Totally terrorize Israel and kill thousands of Israelis by blowing up buses, restaurants, etc. for years in a row, just 9 years ago or so. Relatively recent. Not ancient history. All thru the early 2000's.

2) Fire thousands of rockets into Israel that only don't kill people because of Israeli warning systems that cause millions of Israelis to keep running and hiding in bomb shelters every 30-60 minutes for weeks in a row now, and almost once a day or whatever for years in a row

Etc.

Not defending civilian casualties, don't know enough about that stuff as far as what the usual is, and it's a sad thing
    Last edited by insidehoops; 08-05-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Okay I'm going to admit to some ignorance on Israel Palestinian conflict. So to the posters with more knowledge, how viable is a two state solution??
    This is the general outline:

Israel in a two-state solution want to keep East Jerusalem, and maybe 5% of the West Bank in an area that's right near Israel, and give control of the rest to Palestinians for a state.

The Palestinian Authority want a Palestinian state that has East Jerusalem, AND they demand that millions of Palestinians have the option to move into Israel, which is basically for the purpose of making Israel another Arab country and erasing it as a Jewish state, which basically erases Israel.

And Hamas primarily just want to blow Israel up, now and forever, no matter how much of an insane losing battle that is, even if just screws everything up for both sides

Side note: In the most recent Palestinian elections, something like 6 years ago or so, Hamas actually got more votes than the Palestinian Authority

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Okay I'm going to admit to some ignorance on Israel Palestinian conflict. So to the posters with more knowledge, how viable is a two state solution?? I would think Palestine being a third world nation still reliant on Israel would lead to further conflicts and not peace. So would a Belgium type solution be a better fit??? Israel already has an Arab Israeli population and settlements could continue in the West Bank.
    Won't work until Palestine has a different government, and Israel actually ceases expanding its settlements for once.