Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Do you think humans are the highest form of Species that exist?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Humans aren't even the highest form of species on Earth. We certainly aren't the highest form of species in the Universe.
    so who is the highest form of species on Earth and why? how are they superior than humans? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Evolution doesn't care about if you can drive a car or post on an internet forum. It's all about survival, humans are as evolved as any other lifeform that's still around and not dieing out.

Either that or mice and dolphins, everyone knows the earth is just one big super computer simulation run by mice.

If it's all about survival, humans aren't even close to the highest form of species. Humans are actually very frail forms of life.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    If it's all about survival, humans aren't even close to the highest form of species. Humans are actually very frail forms of life.
    humans can actually shape their environment and can eventually find their own route to survival. can any other species do this?

don't look at the life span, look at the achievements and the abilities.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

tardigrades are

   

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Yes it does.
    and yet look where that leads. i mean, here we are today... in the end stages of human existence... all due to our own hand.

from my experience and background in zoology, i would concede that -cognitively- we are the most advanced species in earth's history. i mean i'm deeply impressed by crows, elephants, cetaceans, parrots, cephalopods and the other great apes... they are constantly surprising us and forcing us to remake our standards. ...yet i also regularly observe that we are the biggest intelligent asswipes in earth history. as in... if any species had a superb chance to harness their own destructive tendencies, it was H.S.S... i.e., around the last 50K years of modern man... our species.

but no, no... we're already deep in to causing a modern mass extinction, which basically just gets worse by the day.

f-ck 'intelligence'

If we don't blow ourselves up, they will.

Define "higher"? Do you mean like, more advanced in some way? If so, in what ways specifically... because technically our DNA for example is far less complicated or 'advanced' than many other species on our own planet, in fact Amoeba have the most advanced DNA on the planet. Or do you mean higher as in how complicated our bodily systems are? Because if so, I'd argue the bodily systems/functions of animals such as Blue Whale or some other extreme sized species seems far more exotic/advanced than ours. Or do you mean like, social structures? Civilizations? Ability to conceptualize and question our own existence? If you mean that, we're the highest known form of life that does this... though that doesn't mean their couldn't be more out there say, on different planets in different solar systems. We just don't know of any, we don't know of any life outside of the planet earth still.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
    If we don't blow ourselves up, they will.
    find a smaller picture

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Define "higher"? Do you mean like, more advanced in some way? If so, in what ways specifically... because technically our DNA for example is far less complicated or 'advanced' than many other species on our own planet, in fact Amoeba have the most advanced DNA on the planet. Or do you mean higher as in how complicated our bodily systems are? Because if so, I'd argue the bodily systems/functions of animals such as Blue Whale or some other extreme sized species seems far more exotic/advanced than ours. Or do you mean like, social structures? Civilizations? Ability to conceptualize and question our own existence? If you mean that, we're the highest known form of life that does this... though that doesn't mean their couldn't be more out there say, on different planets in different solar systems. We just don't know of any, we don't know of any life outside of the planet earth still.
    Let me try to narrow this down.....I'm not the most intelligent guy in the world so bare with me.

I'm not talking about DNA, I'm not talking about our bodily systems....so I guess I'm talking about social structures, civilizations, and the thing you said after that. I know we don't know of other things out there on different planets and/or solar systems, but do we think they exist? Or are we too naive to think that there may be something else out there?

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDead
    Let me try to narrow this down.....I'm not the most intelligent guy in the world so bare with me.

I'm not talking about DNA, I'm not talking about our bodily systems....so I guess I'm talking about social structures, civilizations, and the thing you said after that. I know we don't know of other things out there on different planets and/or solar systems, but do we think they exist? Or are we too naive to think that there may be something else out there?
    We are actually searching, we have many of the smartest minds on the planet collectively working at every given moment hunting for life outside of planet earth. We are pioneering new technology to do so all the time. So we aren't exactly like your ant analogy with the ants, implicating we may just be too busy/oblivious to be aware, we're actively searching for alien life and actively trying to understand how life happened on earth. Life, here on earth and potentially elsewhere, is one of our most fascinating and hotly discussed frontiers of modern science. Like I said, we still don't know if life has ever existed outside of the planet, we haven't found anything yet, but we're still searching... and we're getting better and better at searching as our technology improves (see Mars Rovers, new discoveries in distant planet searching via light spectrum analysis and star wobble measurements, etc). Ants, nor any other earthbound species don't put forward that kind of effort to hunt for other life or intelligent species I don't think

So by your own defintion, we're the most advanced, that we currently know of.

On earth? No shit. We put Rovers on different planets while birds stalk us bread and other animals are our pets/food.

Beyond? Doubtful, but I believe like early conditions on earth when life was forming, that's going on elsewhere and what intelligient species results from THAT we'll know never. That's billions if not trillions of years away from happening

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    maybe. I think humans are very conscious of reality, but i think we are really stupid, bottom of the ladder, when it comes to spiritually and the spiritual world compared to other creatures. I think animals that we consider stupid posess spiritual intelligence, the same way we are self aware in the real world, but lack any real spiritual comprehension. they are basically the opposite. they know why they are here and where they come from. And all animals are very much intuned with mother earth than any humans could be. Thats why dogs and cats can see ghosts and shit, and can feel vibes. So do little kids before they develop "intelligence"

thanks for reading my rambles.
    What are little kids? Paranoid little twats. And so are animals.

"spiritual intelligence"

aka ignorance and active imagination filling the void lol

NBA Legend

42, lulz

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    maybe. I think humans are very conscious of reality, but i think we are really stupid, bottom of the ladder, when it comes to spiritually and the spiritual world compared to other creatures. I think animals that we consider stupid posess spiritual intelligence, the same way we are self aware in the real world, but lack any real spiritual comprehension. they are basically the opposite. they know why they are here and where they come from. And all animals are very much intuned with mother earth than any humans could be. Thats why dogs and cats can see ghosts and shit, and can feel vibes. So do little kids before they develop "intelligence"

thanks for reading my rambles.
    Do you think you're going to miss seeing ghosts and shit after you'll maybe develop "intelligence" one day?