Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: You think its possible Dem's can ever adopt a pro gun rights stance?

Still hard to find cheap 22LR ammo around here.

Obama is the greatest gun seller in history to be honest. Old, scared white folks are stocking up!

Default Re: You think its possible Dem's can ever adopt a pro gun rights stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Still hard to find cheap 22LR ammo around here.

Obama is the greatest gun seller in history to be honest. Old, scared white folks are stocking up!
    Of course. Anyone who buys a gun is a racist. Anyone who doesn't vote for democrats is a racist. Anyone who doesn't tip is a racist. Anyone who drives a car that uses a lot of gas is a racist. Anyone who wants lower taxes is a racist. Anyone who wants to cut spending is a racist. Anyone who DOESN'T want racial quotas is a racist. Anyone who wants limited government power is a racist. Anyone who doesn't want mandatory PRIVATE insurance is a racist. Anyone who dislikes religion is a smart rational person..... unless that religion happens to be anything other than Christianity. If it's Islam, Judaism or whatever, they're a racist. Anyone who wants existing immigration laws enforced is a racist. Anyone who doesn't like unions is a racist. Anyone who disagrees with climate change is a racist. Anyone who doesn't agree with abortion is a woman hating racist.

Anyone who doesn't subscribe to left wing politics in any way shape or form is a racist.

Republicans should drop the religious right and focus on fiscal and economic policies. I feel they would be far more successful because the religious right would still vote for them over the Dems.

Just from an outsiders perspective but why aren't the fiscal problems more of an issue. When ever the Canadian government had large fiscal problems it seem people demanded to get the house in order despite the cost of less services or higher taxes.

I mean if Canadians can slash their beloved universal health care system than why isn't there the same urgency in the US.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Old, scared white folks are stocking up!

More ignorance from this assclown. Old, white folks retire to Florida. Gun buyers are Americans that know a wannabe dictator when they see one (Obumma).

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Republicans should drop the religious right and focus on fiscal and economic policies. I feel they would be far more successful because the religious right would still vote for them over the Dems.

Just from an outsiders perspective but why aren't the fiscal problems more of an issue. When ever the Canadian government had large fiscal problems it seem people demanded to get the house in order despite the cost of less services or higher taxes.

I mean if Canadians can slash their beloved universal health care system than why isn't there the same urgency in the US.

its because the religious right are such a huge base, like all churches, lots of old people, and they're easy to dupe, and give a lot of money....GOP without them would be severely crippled.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Kind of off topic but IMO regulations need to focus on handguns only. Currently there is a 2 week waiting list for a handgun. No waiting for other guns. I guess that is something but I wish there was more.

I feel like the public is too caught up and worried about 'assault rifles' but no one is running around killing people with assault rifles other than the odd school shooting once every couple years. HANDGUNS are the issue...the gun you can put in your belt without anyone noticing. Rifles aren't a big issue here...not even assault rifles...let people stock up on those if they want, just not handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    its because the religious right are such a huge base, like all churches, lots of old people, and they're easy to dupe, and give a lot of money....GOP without them would be severely crippled.
    Yeah but my point is they wouldn't lose them. Who would the religious right vote for instead???

Instead of wasting breath on Gay Marriage, Abortion, etc
    Focus on getting fiscal issues resolved or do people not care about huge deficits and debt??? and how it impacts future taxation and spending.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Yeah but my point is they wouldn't lose them. Who would the religious right vote for instead???

Instead of wasting breath on Gay Marriage, Abortion, etc
    Focus on getting fiscal issues resolved or do people not care about huge deficits and debt??? and how it impacts future taxation and spending.

they don't tho, they care more about ethical standards, religious motivations, etc. and there are candidates like Brownback, or even Huckabee's they'll champion. Republicans already have a lot of split with candidates within their party and the religious side tends to be very stubborn, when the GOP tries to be strategic. they're like their own entity of moral conservatism.

i hate the religious right, its crazy how self righteous a voter base they are but they have a very strong base in America. Purely fiscal based conservatives in my view are a minority to the religious right, even with the tea party on the fiscal side...who are their own version of psychos.

...all in my generalized view of course.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 08-05-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Driving a car isn't a constitutionally guaranteed right.

America is NOT a democracy. It's a constitutional republic. That means there are certain guarantees that are not even up for discussion.
    Except on common sense issues of public safety. Which is why free speech doesn't let you yell "Fire" in a packed building or make terroristic threats.

The first amendment has to be bent around safety. No reason the second shouldn't when it creates dangers much worse than an unchecked first ever would in a modern America.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

Kind of off topic but IMO regulations need to focus on handguns only. Currently there is a 2 week waiting list for a handgun. No waiting for other guns. I guess that is something but I wish there was more.

I feel like the public is too caught up and worried about 'assault rifles' but no one is running around killing people with assault rifles other than the odd school shooting once every couple years. HANDGUNS are the issue...the gun you can put in your belt without anyone noticing. Rifles aren't a big issue here...not even assault rifles...let people stock up on those if they want, just not handguns.

I tend to agree about handguns in theory, I think the problem is that laws will not effectively stop criminals from obtaining them, only those who would carry them strictly as a means of protection.

Remember, we are not Finland or Switzerland. We are the melting pot and America has to take a realistic view on the unique challenges of dealing with crime in our own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Gun buyers are Americans that know a wannabe dictator when they see one (Obumma).
    I would love to hear why you think the legally elected President of the United States is a "wannabe dictator" but I'm afraid if you go off the rails too far you'll need another dose of your medication.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Of course. Anyone who buys a gun is a racist. Anyone who doesn't vote for democrats is a racist. Anyone who doesn't tip is a racist. Anyone who drives a car that uses a lot of gas is a racist. Anyone who wants lower taxes is a racist. Anyone who wants to cut spending is a racist. Anyone who DOESN'T want racial quotas is a racist. Anyone who wants limited government power is a racist. Anyone who doesn't want mandatory PRIVATE insurance is a racist. Anyone who dislikes religion is a smart rational person..... unless that religion happens to be anything other than Christianity. If it's Islam, Judaism or whatever, they're a racist. Anyone who wants existing immigration laws enforced is a racist. Anyone who doesn't like unions is a racist. Anyone who disagrees with climate change is a racist. Anyone who doesn't agree with abortion is a woman hating racist.

Anyone who doesn't subscribe to left wing politics in any way shape or form is a racist.
    Dude calm down. I have guns, and didn't mention racism.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    More ignorance from this assclown. Old, white folks retire to Florida. Gun buyers are Americans that know a wannabe dictator when they see one (Obumma).
    Haha, good one you bitch! Care to clog this thread up with pointless graphics like you just recently did in another thread?

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

How's the far side of the pool?

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Yes, but it depends on the culture of a country. Most of the views on both sides are cultural, not inherent. The people of Switzerland are very progressive, yet very pro-gun. In some countries the people who favor smaller government are more anti-religion while the people that favor larger government are more religious.

Being economically progressive and being anti-gun is not naturally related...it just so happens the left was socially engineered that way just as the right is socially engineered another way. It's kinda like how some on the left oppose Christianity so much yet staunchly defend Muslims while the right are very religious yet anti-Muslim.....or how the right is so anti-abortion yet pro-war...or the right is so anti-personal liberty when it comes to drugs.
    Last edited by secund2nun; 08-05-2014 at 09:48 PM.