Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Getting into a new show - Lost or GoT?

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Lost used to be my fav show of all time.

It wasn't solely just a show, it was an experience. My boy and I used to watch it together like geeks and go to Lostpedia and other websites scouring the web for clues and easter eggs. Yeah... I was a Lost geek.

But GoT>>> Lost

Lost was great and revolutionary, but GoT is better all around.

Having said that.

Lost gets an unfair bad rap.

People either weren't paying attention or were expecting something different.
    Nah, people seem to only remember the final season forgetting how freaking good it was.

Banned

the build up to lost was just so good and the writers knew exactly how to amplify the mystery. they build it up so much early on that there was no way to live up to it when the pay off came. that's where lost failed. its kinda like when you finally get that hot bish you've been lusting for and you start smashing, tities flying everywhere, bish is moaning out loud, you're both sweaty, and then the time comes to finish and its one of them orgasms that you can barely even feel because the bish is hot and has been plowed by 100s of dudes and has a loose *****. you expected so much more but its like a little bang flag came out of your ***** and that was it. overall still a good experience, but the pay off wasn't all you thought it was going to be.
    Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids; 08-04-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Banned

LOST Lives.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Not really into fantasy shit and I didn't like Lost.

OP, ever heard of Person of Interest? It's my favorite show at the moment.

Banned

Both are awful.

LOST is getting a bad rap here. When I was watching lost in the mid 2000's, I was convinced it was my favorite show of all time. It was amazing. I felt more emotionally invested in LOST than I do GOT, even though I really like GOT also.

The last season of LOST wasn't great, but the show is about the journey, not the destination. It's an amazing show and great character development.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    the build up to lost was just so good and the writers knew exactly how to amplify the mystery. they build it up so much early on that there was no way to live up to it when the pay off came. that's where lost failed. its kinda like when you finally get that hot bish you've been lusting for and you start smashing, tities flying everywhere, bish is moaning out loud, you're both sweaty, and then the time comes to finish and its one of them orgasms that you can barely even feel because the bish is hot and has been plowed by 100s of dudes and has a loose *****. you expected so much more but its like a little bang flag came out of your ***** and that was it. overall still a good experience, but the pay off wasn't all you thought it was going to be.
    I think this is exactly how they described Lost in the New York Times. Did you plagiarize?

But actually, it's not a bad analogy. I agree.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    LOST is getting a bad rap here. When I was watching lost in the mid 2000's, I was convinced it was my favorite show of all time. It was amazing. I felt more emotionally invested in LOST than I do GOT, even though I really like GOT also.

The last season of LOST wasn't great, but the show is about the journey, not the destination. It's an amazing show and great character development.
    Yup.

It may not be the best technically (writing, acting, directing) but no show in history (imo) has been as engaging.

Banned

[spoilers]
    so the red wedding and the death of the prince oberyen mean nothing to you. you are cold ma man. cold.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    [spoilers]
    so the red wedding and DELETED mean nothing to you. you are cold ma man. cold.
    i didn't say it meant nothing. where did you get that? i said that LOST had the best character development and most emotional investment of any television show I've ever watched...easily.

But no, GOT is great, but I don't have the same emotional investment in characters that I did with LOST...

Banned

i didn't say it meant nothing. where did you get that? i said that LOST had the best character development and most emotional investment of any television show I've ever watched...easily.

But no, GOT is great, but I don't have the same emotional investment in characters that I did with LOST...
    oh man, i actually call some pansies over and beat them to pulp and send them back home and tell them to return the next day and repeat untill my anger has worn off after watching GoT. Seriously the most infuriating series ever. talk about being emotionally involved. GoT knows exactly how to CRUSH your emotions.
    Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids; 08-04-2014 at 10:38 PM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

The reason one becomes so involved with Lost is because all the main characters have one goal, and you eventually cheer for them.

GoT has so many characters, with so many goals it's hard to connect with most of them. I find myself thinking "why are they showing this" half the time on GoT.

I really enjoyed Lost (it's one of my favorites), but I think GoT is the better show. I think the writing is better. But unless you are already caught up with GoT, I would watch Lost while we wait for season 5 of GoT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    The reason one becomes so involved with Lost is because all the main characters have one goal, and you eventually cheer for them.

GoT has so many characters, with so many goals it's hard to connect with most of them. I find myself thinking "why are they showing this" half the time on GoT.
    dude its a complicated series, but ultimately the ultimate goal is to survive, preserve, and succeed. different for different people. sansa just want to survive, tyrion just want's to preserve, petyer just wants to succeed. and the lengths they all go to to get this done is amazing.

lost had great character development, characters lasted a while. GoT, also has great character development, only difference is that they die.

Overall from an emotional standpoint, I think GoT causes more of an emotional earthquake than lost.

I've never even heard of GoT, but I really enjoyed watching Lost. It's one of my favorite shows all time. If some of you are picking GoT over Lost I might have to go check it out.