Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Dallas at +4000?

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

True story.

With $50,000 on the line, Auburn fan Mark Skiba stuck with his heart and refused to hedge his bet.

"I heard from a lot of Auburn fans," said Skiba, 39, who lives in Alabama and works for a medical software company. "Some of them said, 'You've come this far, you going to give up now?'"

Skiba said, eventually, he felt weird about betting against his team.

"At the end of the day, I want us to win the game," Skiba said. "We're playing for the damn national championship. Winning the money still doesn't even seem real."

Skiba said he'd wear the same orange shirt and blue blazer he wore when Auburn won the title three years ago, when he said he won $1,000 on a $10 bet he placed at 100-to-1 odds.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

just put down 100,000 on it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    I wouldn't bet on a team that has no chance to win a ring..no matter what the odds were. The Mavs aren't winning shit this year, unless LeBron, Durant, Duncan and CP3 all go down with year endin injuries.
    The team that took the Spurs to 7 games and just upgraded their roster have no chance?

Besides the Spurs and the Thunder, who in the West is actually that much better than Dallas?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Clippers are a pretty terrible matchup for the Mavs, imo. Paul is going to tear apart whomever is playing point for the Mavs. Blake and Dirk normally play about even, no? Guessing on that. DJ should help contain Monta's penetration. Doesn't seem good for the Mavs.

1-3 against the Clippers last season.
    119-112 loss @ Dallas, with CP3 getting injured mid-game.
    127-129 loss @ LAC, Mavs choking a 17 point lead with 5 minutes left
    109-103 loss @ Dallas, Mavs choking another double digit lead
    113-107 win @ LAC , Mavs almost choked a 12 point lead with 3 minutes.

Blake averaged: 22.75/11.25/7
    Dirk averaged 24.5/8 12-23 from 3pt

Obviously meaningless since regular season matchups usually don't correlate to the playoffs and the Mavs changed quite a bit. Still curious so I looked it up and posted if anyone else was.

re: Auburn bet. I don't get how people can bet on their teams. If you bet against them and win then you still lose. I doubt I'm the only one who would rather lose $100 than see my team lose. Then if you bet on them and lose, well ****.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 08-04-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    The team that took the Spurs to 7 games and just upgraded their roster have no chance?

Besides the Spurs and the Thunder, who in the West is actually that much better than Dallas?
    Honestly, I dont see anyone outside OKC/SAS/LAC winning the west, but the thread sparked from the idea that Dallas at +4000 is one injury to CP3 or Westbrook away from multiplying my bet by 40.

Well, actually they are +2000 to win the west but if you're going to bet on them to go that far, may as well go all out to double your winnings... then I got carried away and started predicting finals match ups for astronomical payouts.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Clippers are a pretty terrible matchup for the Mavs, imo. Paul is going to tear apart whomever is playing point for the Mavs. Blake and Dirk normally play about even, no? Guessing on that. DJ should help contain Monta's penetration. Doesn't seem good for the Mavs.

1-3 against the Clippers last season.
    119-112 loss @ Dallas, with CP3 getting injured mid-game.
    127-129 loss @ LAC, Mavs choking a 17 point lead with 5 minutes left
    109-103 loss @ Dallas, Mavs choking another double digit lead
    113-107 win @ LAC , Mavs almost choked a 12 point lead with 3 minutes.

Blake averaged: 22.75/11.25/7
    Dirk averaged 24.5/8 12-23 from 3pt

Obviously meaningless since regular season matchups usually don't correlate to the playoffs and the Mavs changed quite a bit. Still curious so I looked it up and posted if anyone else was.

re: Auburn bet. I don't get how people can bet on their teams. If you bet against them and win then you still lose. I doubt I'm the only one who would rather lose $100 than see my team lose. Then if you bet on them and lose, well ****.
    Because most people are more informed with your team than the average bettor. You know, the lines moved based on where the money is placed, so if I know that UK is going to throttle a team, or lay off a team, I can place my money accordingly.

But in his case, it was a long shot, jacking around bet that ended up hitting. Dude was a dedicated fan though, could have walked away with $30,000 but couldnt go against his team.

NBA Legend

They don't look all that impressive so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    They don't look all that impressive so far.
    The Cavs have 3 new starters and a new bench. "Oh give them time, don't panic"

The Mavs have 3 new starters and a new bench. "Parsons is trash, they are done jadadadada"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    When is the last time a team more than +2000 won the title?
    The 11 Mavs were between like 18 and 25 to 1 in 2011 entering the playoffs.

At this time that year they were probably plus 4000 or so.

It's a decent bet actually....

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Currently have bulls at 9-1 100 dollars to win 900
    OKC at 6.50 20 dollars to win 130
    And warriors at 26-1 10 dollars to win 260

Total outlay 130 dollars
    Which site do you use in Aus to make bets? I'm inclined to make a bet for the Heat to come out in the East cause they are a decent team and the odds are too good not to bet.