Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: First Time Moving Out Advice

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Moving out of my mothers house to live with some friends.

Advice would be appreciated.
    Didn't you say you are a cocaine kingpin who lives in Kevin Durants neighborhood?

Krust Kingz

Rules and Consequences (Written Contract Signed by all parties)and Rotating Schedules.

Figure out the House Financial situation all bills to be paid and how.

I personally wouldnt do it because it can strain relationships especially if you know they can be dodgy, flaky, or irresponsible already.

Be ready to move out on your own if the roomates suck.

Be ready to hate your friends' living habits

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Rules and Consequences (Written Contract Signed by all parties)and Rotating Schedules.

Figure out the House Financial situation all bills to be paid and how.

I personally wouldnt do it because it can strain relationships especially if you know they can be dodgy, flaky, or irresponsible already.
    I would do this too... especially because I have friends like that are flaky and irresponsible and I would have to. If they are still flaky after agreeing not to be then they aren't worth your time in the long run... unless of course you don't care. As always, communication and being clear about expectations is the most important thing. Some people prefer having no order and bitching about things though... if that's you then be my guest.

I live with 2 friends who I don't have to do this with though... and part of the reason I live with them is because I knew I wouldn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Don't do drugs.

Don't follow your friends.

You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most of your time with.

Don't lose sight of career goals.

Stay ambitious, even if your friends are not.

'Whats a little fight, tomorrow you'll be boys again'

When dishes aren't being cleaned, $hits going missing, foods mysteriously being eaten, lay down the fukin law.

Clean your place ONCE a week.

Do your laundry ONCE a week.

Get used to eating fast food.

Get used to be broke.

Get used to missing mom.

Stay in school and/or work. Always.

Bitches ain't nothin but hoes and tricks.

Expect a messy crib.

Have fun in moderation.

Pay your rent, bills, groceries first. Everything else is second.

Don't get a credit card if your short on cash, to cover daily expenses. That will create future problems.

Re-evaulate your life in a year and see what will take you to the next level. Independence and the short term gratification of that or moving back in and being patient until your really on your feet to the point you can afford your own place.

wise man. i moved out at 18 and although it was ALOT of fun, you can get carried away with shit easily. have a good time but don't lose sight of your goals.

If you're going to college or something to study, biggest thing is to make sure your studies remain your priority for the whole time.

Enjoy yourself. Get laid. Get wasted. Get high. Do the fun things, but don't lose sight of what you're there for. You're paying a lot of money for it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Didn't you say you are a cocaine kingpin who lives in Kevin Durants neighborhood?
    well he also told me he watched all of jordan's career, then talked about doing a high school project, now asking about moving out.

Banned

are you going to be living in a small apt with just one other guy or a big house with 4-5 other dudes. the reason i ask is that there are different ways of approaching this. being a guy that was in college for 7 years, i have a lot of experience on this matter and consider myslef a bit of an expert. if you're going to be rooming with just one other guy, its pretty simple. just make sure you two get along and divide up chores and pick up after yourself. now if you're going to be living with 4-5 other dudes, things get a bit tricky. it gets wild man, its a totally crazy experience. its basically jailhouse rules up in that house, ya know what i'm sayin? so my advice would be to walk straight into the house and pick out the biggest strongest guy in there. give him the crazy eyes and start sucking his dick. this would instantly make you his bitch and he would be obliged to protect you from the other guys.

NBA Superstar

Yeah it's' a house with 4 guys lol

I guess with the food question, we'll all just put our food up like normal and everyone will know whats theirs because they bought it

Yeah it's' a house with 4 guys lol

I guess with the food question, we'll all just put our food up like normal and everyone will know whats theirs because they bought it
    DO NOT attempt to buy a bunch of food and split the bill with your friends.
    Buy them separately, they should be able figure out which is their food and which is not.

DISHES, fken dishes, it's important to lay out a rule about doing the dishes. We usually give that person 2-3 days to wash the dishes that he used before we tell him straight out to FKEN WASH HIS DISHES

It likely won't end well.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

my advice is to never live with friends your friendship will probably get ****ed up some how fighting over cleaning, girls bills the list goes on and on. it's hard to live with friends i did it for about a year til i had to get out on my own.

NBA Superstar

Moving out of my mothers house to live with some friends.

Advice would be appreciated.

i really hope your parents are bad people, or you have to be one really unruly kid to be moving out still in HS....

if they're bad people then i'm sure u have a good head on you enough to take care of yourself.

if its the latter, you're just going to screw yourself up even more.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Don't be a beta and let your "friends" run over you. If they "try" you, don't be afraid to confront them. Even if you lose a fight, it is better than backing down.

People are hard to live with.