Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Just ate at Chilli's and a table of blacks stiffed the server...

I just got tipped 30% from a black couple.

This thread is a farse!

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    I just got tipped 30% from a black couple.

This thread is a farse!
    but 30% on a shared $9 entree is like what... $2.80?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    The "pro-tippers" as you call them are the typical leftists. As usual, they think with emotions rather than logic.

"Oh no. These poor people need their tips."

Yeah, WHY do they need their tips? Because their industry pays them pennies. Take issue with the scumbag who refuses to pay a decent wage. As a consumer, I'm only interested in purchasing the product or not. The business practices and finances are not my concern. The workers' salaries have nothing to do with me.

Employers paying their staff below market value is not a justification why I need to subsidize some corporations staff. It's not remotely sensible to expect me to pay some waitress her wage so Chili's won't have to.
    I agree with the concept of tipping being a poor thing and I completely agree with you in terms of how crappy it is we as consumers are being passed the servers wage. There should be no tipping and corporations should pay their worth. However, part of being a functional human being in this society is doing things you don't agree with at times. I don't want to pay state tax, I don't want to pay for rising gas prices, I dont like paying crv on bottes I buy. But sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go with certain things because its a standard in the world we live in. I am not saying be a lemming and go with the flow, I whole heartedley agree with standing up for things you believe in, but stiffing servers is not sending a message or making a stand, all it does is screw the messenger over. Sometimes I think people make a stand on tipping because there is absolutely no repercussion for doing so.

[quote]What Happens When You Abolish Tipping

I got rid of gratuities at my restaurant, and our service only got better.

For more than six years, I ran a restaurant without tips.

A couple of years after opening the Linkery restaurant in San Diego, the team and I adopted a policy of adding to each dining-in check a service charge of 18 percent

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I agree with the concept of tipping being a poor thing and I completely agree with you in terms of how crappy it is we as consumers are being passed the servers wage. There should be no tipping and corporations should pay their worth. However, part of being a functional human being in this society is doing things you don't agree with at times. I don't want to pay state tax, I don't want to pay for rising gas prices, I dont like paying crv on bottes I buy. But sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go with certain things because its a standard in the world we live in. I am not saying be a lemming and go with the flow, I whole heartedley agree with standing up for things you believe in, but stiffing servers is not sending a message or making a stand, all it does is screw the messenger over. Sometimes I think people make a stand on tipping because there is absolutely no repercussion for doing so.

Why purposefully harm your fellow man? Especially when you know someone else (their employer) is already harming them?

Be good to each other friends. That's how we progress as a society.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    It's the free market my friend. If a business model isn't good, it should fail. If a tip is OPTIONAL and enough people refuse the option, people won't want to work in those places. They will opt for places with proper wages and the slumlord employers who don't want to pay their employees will go out of business if they don't adapt. The other option is don't go to these kind of businesses at all, and they'll again go out of business.

It's business' burden to bend to the desires of the consumers. Not the other way around. You're not doing me any favours. It's your job to make your business a place where I want to spend my money and a place where people want to work. It's not my responsibility to bend over backwards to make your business model successful.