Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What's a show that was so good that you were depressed when you finished it?

The Soprano's first season: I had a feeling that it just wouldn't be as good as it was then, and so far i have been unfortunately right(i'm on the 3rd).

Hannibal's second season: Peak.

Game of Thrones, first season: Daenery's arc and Ned can't be replicated.

A whole show? Maria-sama Ga Miteru.

Default Re: What's a show that was so good that you were depressed when you finished it?

The Sopranos. After 86 episodes and 6 seasons, I felt like I knew Tony like he was a member of my own family. When the show ended, shit was tough

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    The Office ended because Ricky Gervais didn't know what else to do with it after two seasons. I'd much rather a show be short and decent than dragged out.

LOST is a perfect example. It should have been no more than 3 seasons but it was watered down to expand to 6. To me that devalued it overall.

Quality is much better than quantity.
    The problem was, it was only an interesting show because they kept adding new mystery on top of mystery and expanding the story without ever having an idea of how to explain it or wrap it up. Season 3 of Lost would have been terrible too if they cut it short, because there's no way to end that kind of story.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

None. You know why? The three shows that I absolutely loved all completely ****ED UP the ending of the series.

1) Sopranos (shit ending, I know exactly what it meant and what it was supposed to represent, but I hated it even though some call it genius)
    2) Breaking Bad (shit ending, I wanted a firefight with the DEA or some crazy shit)
    3) LOST (shit ending and it became more and more readily apparent that they were just writing shit for the sake of writing new shit instead of actually having a plan to resolve stuff properly)

Basically, apparently nobody knows how to truly end a great TV series well.

Also... it's funny, all of these shows were great at the beginning, sucked in the middle seasons by comparison, and got better as the series ended(last season for each show), besides the finales. Haha. Interesting.
    Last edited by Orlando Magic; 08-02-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    The Soprano's first season: I had a feeling that it just wouldn't be as good as it was then, and so far i have been unfortunately right(i'm on the 3rd).
    1 2 and 3 were great. 4 and 5 sucked. 6 was ok with a shit ending.

But Gandolfini and Falco acted their asses off throughout the ENTIRE series. Seriously ****ing great acting.

Those two, Cranston's portrayal of WW, & Emerson's portrayal of Linus are the four best acting jobs I've ever seen in a TV series and it's not even close.

Spartacus. Wondered what the hell they were doing at the start but after the initial few episodes I was hooked.

Still miss it to this very day, I knew it had to end because it was loosely based on history.

Banned

First off, I don't watch TV much to finish the entire show.

Second, I fight it funny for those that watch Soprano and became legitimately upset when the show ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    1 2 and 3 were great. 4 and 5 sucked. 6 was ok with a shit ending.

But Gandolfini and Falco acted their asses off throughout the ENTIRE series. Seriously ****ing great acting.

Those two, Cranston's portrayal of WW are the the four best acting jobs I've ever seen in a TV series and it's not even close.
    This. I don't get how someone can get into a character so much and act that well. I would act Madds Mikelsen's portrayal of Hannibal to them though. He is outstanding.

Might feel that way about Mad Men but it is very rewatchable for me so it's no biggie. I can only remember feeling that way about the Mass Effect games.

I guess West Wing is the closest that I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    The Sopranos. After 86 episodes and 6 seasons, I felt like I knew Tony like he was a member of my own family. When the show ended, shit was tough
    so true

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Entourage
    Sopranos
    House

The Office (US) - even though the last few seasons were pretty bad, it was still a weird feeling to see it finally come to an end. I was so used to watching it every Thursday from 2005 to 2009. Whether I enjoyed each episode or not, it was like a part of my week.

Flight of the Conchords - maybe it was all Murray, but I was definitely left wanting more than two seasons.

Party Down - This one especially. Two seasons wasn't enough!
    Last edited by shaq2000; 08-02-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Friday Night Lights and The Wire.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Obviously the Wire. Left me depressed for a week afterwards. Great call on Friday Night Lights as well; that was a fantastic show.

Sopranos for sure. I wasn't big on season 6, but the last episode and subsequent ending was like a harsh reality check; the Sopranos were...no more.

RIP T