Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: in London, UK for 4 days with 2 friends

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Richmond park is nice if you want to see ****ing deer.

Check out Neil's yard in the center. walk around everywhere... See what are activities run by universities. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk
    this guy can show you all the gay friendly places.

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan
    this guy can show you all the gay friendly places.
    Have you ever been gay??

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Is it true that London is full of Somalians and Indians? Couple of my friends went there and were surprised, I think they expected more white people. They said they noticed lot of wannabe gangsta Africans.
    London isnt white brah. I think over 50% of London is not ethnic English. Its pretty much the most multicultural city in the world. You would find people from pretty much any country there and they all have their own community within London.

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    London isnt white brah. I think over 50% of London is not ethnic English. Its pretty much the most multicultural city in the world. You would find people from pretty much any country there and they all have their own community within London.
    How is the crime rate in London? I hear the Somalians are real aggressive and cause lot of conflict. What are the biggest gangs there?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Nando's sucks.

I don't like London but if it's your first time I'm sure it'll be fun.
    How does it suck? What's not to like about tasty chicken and mashed potatos. GTFO. Your Londoner card is revoked.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    I just thought of another place to go. Go to Brixton and neighbouring Peckham. They're two hidden gems in London
    not as bad as people say dawg, I used to live in Peckham for a year and nothing bad happened.

Hos were blatantly just waiting around the Burger King drive thru and getting picked up by business men but otherwise no bad shit happened.

London gangsters are not scary at all compared to LA ones for the most part, and they only every really attack with a 5-1 advantage which is bitchmade tactics anyways. Also-no guns, only knives. Peckham ain't shit. Even the boring ass suburb I grew up in in the San Fernando Valley felt more dangerous then the "London Hood". I live in Newham now, also a "dangerous part of the city", right near Upton Park and no shit hardly ever happens. London gangsters ain't shit. And that's a good thing, speaking as someone who lives here.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 08-03-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    How is the crime rate in London? I hear the Somalians are real aggressive and cause lot of conflict. What are the biggest gangs there?
    Nah. I know a lot of Somalians, they are generally good people, even though the older Somalians dont mingle much outside of their community. There are definitely some that are in gangs, but no more so than any other gangs like the Asians (Bengalis, Pakistanis, not orientals), the other blacks (Jamaicans/Caribbean, West Africans like Ghanaians and Nigerians) and of course the white British chavs.

Usually though the gangs arent separated by ethnicity, they usually fight based on area codes so the gangs are usually mixed in ethinicity. Its not like white chavs vs blacks or anything like that (usually). In fact the ones who are most likely usually stick amongst themselves in gangs are the asians.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    not as bad as people say dawg, I used to live in Peckham for a year and nothing bad happened.

Hos were blatantly just waiting around the Burger King drive thru and getting picked up by business men but otherwise no bad shit happened.

London gangsters are not scary at all compared to LA ones for the most part, and they only every really attack with a 5-1 advantage which is bitchmade tactics anyways. Also-no guns, only knives. Peckham ain't shit. Even the boring ass suburb in the San Fernando Valley felt more dangerous then the "London Hood". And that's a good thing.
    Thats definitely true. Very rare anyone gets shot, but you do hear about quite a few stabbings.

Also, I think you would find it way more dangerous if you were a teenager living there. Im assuming you were over 18 when you were there? A lot of the gangsters that bother people are kid, you dont usually see adult gangsters stopping people on the street to rob them, they younger ones usually do that stuff. And if you are above a certain age you are less likely to be affected. If you were a 16 year old kid walking through there during the day time there is a real possibility you get robbed.

Very good NBA starter

my condolences

Banned

^^Yep, Asians, especially Indians and Pakistanis are the most racist race for some reason, too bad they didn't learn the lessons of Buddha and accept everyone regardless of skin tone. The most annoying thing is lots of time I try to chill with these guys and every other sentence they bring up shit like "It's a brown thing, you wouldn't get it" or "you like korma OOOO you pronounced it right too, shit you got any brown inside you?" Not all London Indians are like that, but way too many of them are, the guys and the girls, and it's f*cking obnoxious to hang out with someone who brings up the fact they're Indian or Pakistani every two seconds. It's like the only thing they have to talk about 'innit fam'

All the other gangs are integrated which I personally think is a great thing to see.

In LA it is the opposite, so much segregation, not just in gangs but even in schools, kids only talking to other kids who are the same color or nationality, f*cking racism everywhere in that city compared to London.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 08-03-2014 at 08:30 AM.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Only white people find Nandos amazing real talk. They never had good chicken mat home.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Only white people find Nandos amazing real talk. They never had good chicken mat home.
    LOL why is it that every time I go in to Nandos it is full of 90% muslims and non-white people? The one in Stratford, the one in Leicester Square, every Nandos I go to is full of people of every race. Nandos isn't amazing but there's nothing wrong with it. Good chicken and nice sides, I don't see how anyone can say it sucks, at the very least it is average or slightly above.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    LOL why is it that every time I go in to Nandos it is full of 90% muslims and non-white people? The one in Stratford, the one in Leicester Square, every Nandos I go to is full of people of every race. Nandos isn't amazing but there's nothing wrong with it. Good chicken and nice sides, I don't see how anyone can say it sucks, at the very least it is average or slightly above.
    I don't think it sucks just very overrated. The way people talk about it make it seem like its some 10/10 food.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    I just thought of another place to go. Go to Brixton and neighbouring Peckham. They're two hidden gems in London
    I know you're joking but it'd actually be worth going to Brixton as it's the Brixton Splash today which is good fun.

Brixton is pretty safe these days, especially the main part of it, though it still maintains a somewhat unsavoury reputation, but undeservedly so. Just stay away from the estates around Angell Town etc. and you'll probably be fine.

I was in London a few months ago and I didn't recognise many Somalians.

Then again, I used to live in Bristol.

London's great though. Lot's of cool bars and places to visit. Nando's isn't all that.