Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Proper bus etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    There should be some basic rules for all to follow. It irks me and downright pisses me off at some people's lack of etiquette.

Here are a few basic rules:

* do NOT cut. If somebody was there before you let them go first. Don't run to the door and cut.

* don't be a **** and sit in the front if you're a dude.

* get up for old people, mothers with kids and ladies.

* don't sit next to me if theres empty seats.

* if you are sitting next to me and a seat becomes available get up and sit there.

* get off the f@ckin phone!! Nobody wants to hear your conversation, or better yet... Wait until you get off to call your cable company. They can't hear you and you can't hear them, but all of us can hear you STFU.

Feel free to add
    I don't get the bolded either. In one of your rules, you stated giving women, kids and elderly a seat but then you proceed to say a guy should move to an open seat.

College superstar

you sound like an insecure weirdo.

i haven't rode the city bus in years, but the only rule i "followed" was giving my seat to the elderly, handicapped, and pregnant women.

Banned

*drive a car

It strikes me as odd how people are so against sitting next to someone on a bus. Being next to a stranger is not a big deal.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

@ this shit. I always just take the first available seat I see. Don't give a **** if it's next to someone, in the front/back, or whatever.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

i haven't been on a bus in almost 10 yrs :/

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Only thing that annoys me is if theres a 3 seat section empty, and some guy decides to sit in the middle seat, instead of one of the ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    Only thing that annoys me is if theres a 3 seat section empty, and some guy decides to sit in the middle seat, instead of one of the ends.
    such a cheeser

Banned

If this was proper bathroom etiquette then I would understand.

It's like that dude that decides to get right next to you and start chit chat.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

To clarify.

Bus seats suck. They're uncomfortable, cramped, no leg or arm room, hard, etc etc.

And by a seat becoming available I meant theres a selection with plenty of room to pick from. If it's crowded or still cramped I get it. But if im sitting next to someone and he move to an emptier space, I expect that person to do so. I want to ride comfortably.

F*ck that.

Theres been a few times in which half the bus gets emptied on a stop, but a muthafuka next to me won't move. Theres an entire row that's empty, sit there!!!

Why should the other person move? If you have a problem with your conditions, then you do something about it as in move your own damn ass.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    When I enter a bus, I usually make my presence known by hooting like an owl
    Mooing like a cow is preferable

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Because you don't want the girls to have to walk from further back than they have to when they get to their stop. They might rupture their vulvas!
    WTF is this? I understand for pregnant women or handicap women, but you act as if women aren't able to properly walk an extra 10 feet to get off the bus. Sexism

Good college starter

* if you are sitting next to me and a seat becomes available get up and sit there.
    I have seen people do that, but it is such an awkward thing to do. Just stay where you sat chances are the bus will fill back up.

Edit: Most buses I've ridden recently have seats around the edge, if it's one with rows like a Greyhound I understand this rule a little more.
    Last edited by yobore; 08-02-2014 at 08:19 PM.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    There should be some basic rules for all to follow. It irks me and downright pisses me off at some people's lack of etiquette.

Here are a few basic rules:

* do NOT cut. If somebody was there before you let them go first. Don't run to the door and cut.

* don't be a **** and sit in the front if you're a dude.

* get up for old people, mothers with kids and ladies.

* don't sit next to me if theres empty seats.

* get off the f@ckin phone!! Nobody wants to hear your conversation, or better yet... Wait until you get off to call your cable company. They can't hear you and you can't hear them, but all of us can hear you STFU.

Feel free to add
    I'll get up for old people and mothers with kids. Dont really feel the need to get up for ladies unless they're a bit older.

You have personal space issues. Sometimes I'll sit next to somebody instead of getting my own seat so I can just scoot right off when I'm at my stop.

Phone...yeah again who cares.