Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good High School Starter ThemBombs's Avatar

Default TV show villain showdown: The Governor vs. Gus Fring vs. Ben Linus

VS.

VS.

SCENARIO: in a new post-apocalyptic world where society has ended, these 3 have gathered a group of survivors and settled in their own respective small abandoned towns, fortifying it and beginning the rebuilding process. they want to expand and gain more resources, but the problem is... they are all close by each other. the 3 develop an intense rivalry and plan to kill each other off, until only one remains. who is the first one to get killed, and by whom? and who ends up winning this three-way war?

assume that each of the villains have their right-hands and respective armies, i.e Mike and his enforcers for Gus Fring, Merle and the Woodbury army for The Governor, the Others for Ben Linus

Banned

Default Re: TV show villain showdown: The Governor vs. Gus Fring vs. Ben Linus

The question is does Ben get the blessing/protection from Jacob/The man in black. If not then his character will be skewed by the change in position. He still wins regardless.. if he has the blessing its downright slaughter.

The Governor would get killed by an infiltrating killer sent by Ben. Much like he did various times in LOST. Ben is extensively schooled in penetrating social walls and portraying a situation different than its actual reality. He could even do it himself, since he killed his own father without a bit of remorse.

Then it would be Gus vs. Ben... Ben winning out in the end since he has experience living in bad environments and tactically planning to take down other groups. Gus is a genius at business and ruthless as a boss but he would be undermaned and under-experienced in operating social groups in hazardous environment warfare.

The Governor because his rise to power is most like the scenario. The other two were part of a larger piece. Fring was part of the mafia and Ben was... I don't know what happened on lost..

The Governor wins.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Ben.

He's the smartest, most cunning one, with really no weaknesses or something to use against him. He was willing to get tortured and beat up to get information. He's a master manipulator that will get the others to fight against each other and do his bidding without them knowing.

And...

He can kick ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPvL1l3bBWo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DirtBag
    The Governor because his rise to power is most like the scenario. The other two were part of a larger piece. Fring was part of the mafia and Ben was... I don't know what happened on lost..

The Governor wins.
    Since you don't know what happened on LOST, then you can't realize why Ben would absolutely win.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    Lol

No

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

All I know is that in terms of character: Gus > Ben >>> The Governor

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Since you don't know what happened on LOST, then you can't realize why Ben would absolutely win.
    Ben would completely use and manipulate Governor. He'd pretend he was a quiet humble minion and quietly make the Gov bid his plans. And when the Gov found out, he'd get rid of him while having the entire community follow him.

Like you mentioned, people don't know how bad Ben was.

He didn't have the calm and collected look that Gus had, he wasn't a tough guy like Gov.

But if all three were in the same room, Ben would have them kill each other, without him lifting a finger.

Good High School Starter ThemBombs's Avatar

bump, wanna see more opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    All I know is that in terms of character: Gus > Ben >>> The Governor
    True, but The Governor was one of the only characters I liked on TWD.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101

Personal favorite: Gus > Ben >>> Governor

Quality of villain: Ben > Gus >>> Governor.

I'd go with Ben.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    True, but The Governor was one of the only characters I liked on TWD.
    And here lies one of the greatest problems with TWD.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Personal favorite: Gus > Ben >>> Governor

Quality of villain: Ben > Gus >>> Governor.

I'd go with Ben.
    This. 100% this.