Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stephen A Smith to Women on domestic abuse

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Problem with the coverage of domestic abuse is that whenever it comes up, people have this image in their heads that the dude beat up on some wholesome chick like Mother Teresa or someone like that. What they don't realize is that its usually some loudmouth confrontational bitch like someone from basketball wives, which is like I said why no one cared when SAS said basically the same thing when Chad Johnson got into his trouble.
    Roughly 40% of domestic violence victims are male.

So... There's that.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Laws and the media protect women so much it's disgusting

These days any group that has been historically disadvantaged gets a great big gold bubble built around them which is then placed on a pedestal with a giant "DO NOT TOUCH" sign attached to it. If anyone dares to even accidentally infringe, no matter how mildly, a public witchhunt is immediately initiated. The public loves a witchhunt for those not as righteous as they are.

I think his phrasing was poor but he is right for the most part. Some women feel like being a woman gives them a get out of jail free card from dealing with the repercussions of their actions. It's not some problem of epidemic proportions but I've seem women do some foul shit that deserved an ass whooping if they were a man.

But the really important thing that he should have stressed is that women should be aware of their surroundings and the risks they face. Being around drunk men who are bigger, stronger and sometimes horrible people can be dangerous. Knowing how to avoid physical confrontation in a bad situation is something that is valuable for a woman to know. Domestic abuse is a little bit different because it involves a level of trust and betrayal but the principle still holds.

I don't kind him catching shit for this. This isn't a general discussion, it's
    In the Ray Rice case, and he implied by this the victim might be responsible.

I've been attacked by girls, were any of you ( most bigger than me) ever forced to punch a woman into submission? I kind of feel we are talking about the exception like its super common. But maybe your experiencs are different.

NBA Legend

Technically its illegal to hit anyone, if you do you can be charged with assault. So I dont know why we would treat this any differently. Assault is assault, and it's not any worse because it happens to a woman.

And again, if you dont want to be nagged and provoked by a woman, dont date an obnoxious trashbag. I dont know why so many guys do that, but then again maybe they arent necessarily the most refined gentlemen themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Just stay in the effin kitchen and aint nobody gon hit you
    Explain..

Banned

both WOMEN ........AND .......... BLACK PEOPLE need to STOP making the whole world feal like criminals for having a differing opinion.

- freedom of speech
    - freedom of thought
    - freedom of religion
    - freedom of choice

if none of these break the law or hurt anyone physically. then their choices should be respected. agreed with or not. inteligent or not.

#FREESTERLING

#FREESMITH

Good High School Starter Out_In_Utah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Roughly 40% of domestic violence victims are male.

So... There's that.
    Source?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    both WOMEN ........AND .......... BLACK PEOPLE need to STOP making the whole world feal like criminals for having a differing opinion.

- freedom of speech
    - freedom of thought
    - freedom of religion
    - freedom of choice

if none of these break the law or hurt anyone physically. then their choices should be respected. agreed with or not. inteligent or not.

#FREESTERLING

#FREESMITH

You need to add gays to that list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Problem with the coverage of domestic abuse is that whenever it comes up, people have this image in their heads that the dude beat up on some wholesome chick like Mother Teresa or someone like that. What they don't realize is that its usually some loudmouth confrontational bitch like someone from basketball wives, which is like I said why no one cared when SAS said basically the same thing when Chad Johnson got into his trouble.
    Even then, walk away. A real man doesn't hit a women.

I don't get what's wrong with what he said. He said that domestic violence is wrong and that no man should ever attack a woman. He got heat for that? This seems like total bs made up by the media to get more clicks.

Are we seriously going to act like there aren't plenty of women that think they have carte blanche to do whatever they want to a man because they've been told their entire life that "a man can NEVER hit a woman"?

Btw Cari Champion is fine as fk in that apology video.

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Are we seriously going to act like there aren't plenty of women that think they have carte blanche to do whatever they want to a man because they've been told their entire life that "a man can NEVER hit a woman"?
    Good point

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Even then, walk away. A real man doesn't hit a women.
    Of course that's the way to go. But people aren't perfect, especially in the heat of the moment.