Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: ISH All-Time List: Vote on #5 Now.

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    people use to have duncan generally at 7th, but one final can change so much. lebron would prolly make this list if he had won and three peated. duncan won this year and leapfrogged magic.
    Don't think it's just 14 Finals but his performance all year in 2013 - regular season (all-nba 1st team/all-star), playoffs and Finals (see his stats above). He had a fine regular season and playoff run in 2014. This past 2 years have been a real renaissance for him.
    Last edited by rmt; 07-28-2014 at 11:11 PM.

Local High School Star

Gotta be Duncan for me!!
    Timmy D!!

NBA Superstar

Duncan won in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Duncan won in a landslide.
    I'm sure he's honoured.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Kobe Bryant.

And how can anyone realistically put Snaq ahead of Kobe? He has one more finals MVP, that's it. Kobe has the accolades, more titles, greater longevity, etc.
    Shaq played 19 seasons. A lot of them being good to great.

In what way does he have better longevity? They have the same number of all NBA teams.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Don't think it's just 14 Finals but his performance all year in 2013 - regular season (all-nba 1st team/all-star), playoffs and Finals (see his stats above). He had a fine regular season and playoff run in 2014. This past 2 years have been a real renaissance for him.
    all of what you said is true, but at the end of the day you have to admit that if he had lost again this year no one would put him in the top 5. He might have even fallen a little bit down the list, and lebron would've definitely been in the top 10. On ISH and in basketball world in general it's always about how recently have you won.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

In what way does he have better longevity? They have the same number of all NBA teams.
    Do we really need to go over how many games Shaq has missed in his career? I mean, we can. However, it's kind of pointless.

And Kobe has the most ever FIRST team ALL-NBA selections.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Shaq had better peak and a much more noticeable impact but:

>He cruises by on his physical gifts.
    >I don't like how he has no work ethic (after winning his first ring he told a teammate that he'll come back at 400 lbs. He wasn't far off -_-).
    >He was 'the man' for half his career or less. Kobe's been the leader and face of the Lakers for a decade now.
    >Kobe has another ring

all of what you said is true, but at the end of the day you have to admit that if he had lost again this year no one would put him in the top 5. He might have even fallen a little bit down the list, and lebron would've definitely been in the top 10. On ISH and in basketball world in general it's always about how recently have you won.
    Lol you know how hard it is to even win 'one' ring?

Anyway if he didn't win i would've put him at 7th. Underneath Magic and Kobe (both of whom he's above now).
    Last edited by played0ut; 07-29-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Duncan and it's not even close.

No point in me voting since these top 5 are exactly my top 5, in order.

If Spurs hadn't messed up in game 6, Duncan could have 6 rings and 4 FMVPs - enough to garner top 3-4. And Lebron would only have 1 ring and 1 FMVP. Lebron stans should eternally thank the Spurs for messing up and Ray for that shot.

I don't get your "if he had lost again this year" (Finals & POR weren't close, game 7 vs DAL was a blowout, I guess OKC game 6 was close). Spurs won 12 playoff games by 15+ points - pretty dominant run to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    If Spurs hadn't messed up in game 6, Duncan could have 6 rings and 4 FMVPs - enough to garner top 3-4. And Lebron would only have 1 ring and 1 FMVP. Lebron stans should eternally thank the Spurs for messing up and Ray for that shot.

I don't get your "if he had lost again this year" (Finals & POR weren't close, game 7 vs DAL was a blowout, I guess OKC game 6 was close). Spurs won 12 playoff games by 15+ points - pretty dominant run to me.
    Agreed with your previous comment above.

Duncan looked done after 2011, but he's had three very good bounceback years, which includes a trip to the Finals and a ring -- both as the best player on his team (or a very, very close second). His longevity went from very good to legendary (the only greats who have better longevity are Kareem and Malone). Averaging 17/10 and leading your team in minutes from ages 35 to 38 can do something for your legacy.

Celtics 2016 Champs

larry bird

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

i still don't see how duncan leapfrogged magic besides him winning this year. i guess i'll save this thread and bump it later when another ish list gets voted on and see.

Banned

i still don't see how duncan leapfrogged magic besides him winning this year. i guess i'll save this thread and bump it later when another ish list gets voted on and see.
    Besides comparable major accolades, Duncan's career long All-Defensive teams.

Basketball is a two way game. That makes the difference.

Larry Bird