Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH All-Time List: Vote on #3 Now.

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    i think kobe is 7th at best on all-time list and i'm a lakers fan. just saying yall haters should not worry that he will get 3rd or 4th. he might get put at 5th place tho. which would be a little bit high. also just vote for your pick a **** the stans.
    Already voted for Wilt.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Already voted for Wilt.
    cool and i think wilt might finish ahead of kobe so there is that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I'd have to vote with Kobe as well for the simple fact that I haven't seen Russell play and the overall weakness of the sport back then and his team being by far the best makes it hard for me to value his rings as much as they would be valued at today.
    kobe over Wilt, Russell, Bird, Magic, Duncan, Shaq could go on

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    kobe over Wilt, Russell, Bird, Magic, Duncan, Shaq could go on
    i'd put kobe over bird and shaq
    and maybe duncan, but prolly not.

i think kobe is 7th at best on all-time list and i'm a lakers fan. just saying yall haters should not worry that he will get 3rd or 4th. he might get put at 5th place tho. which would be a little bit high. also just vote for your pick and **** the stans.
    Why would five be too high for Kobe?

NBA Superstar

Eh Duncan is a close one but Kobe slayed Duncan when both were in their primes.

It could really go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Why would five be too high for Kobe?
    well i didn't say too high, and i could see an argument for him being there but personally i would have MJ, kareem, russell, magic, and wilt at least over him so if i put duncan at 6, then kobe would be at 7 for me.

well i didn't say too high, and i could see an argument for him being there but personally i would have MJ, kareem, russell, magic, and wilt at least over him so if i put duncan at 6, then kobe would be at 7 for me.

Alright that makes sense. I do think Kobe has a case over Magic, Wilt, and Duncan but not the others. I personally have Kobe ranked 6th.

Homage to Al Thornton AI Thornton's Avatar

Matt Bonner

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Just stating this so that there's no confusion: this list already sucks ass.

I'm not talking about the ranking (pretty sure Jordan and Kareem is the consensus 1 and 2, or 1a and 1b, if you will) but the manner in which the list is being put together.

It's too haphazard, there is little consistency in the voters from one vote to another, there's absolutely NO quality discussion being had, and there's WAY too many biased stans (mostly of Kobe, as of yet) voting.

You can say "f*ck RealGM" all you want, but the discussion being had over there is top notch, and they actually have a set methodology for including voters.

Keep going with this if you really care so much, but on a site this infested with trolls, such a list will be of little, if any, significance.

Also, remember that time OP claimed he was dating Angie Varona, and had a meltdown when others exposed him?

I think big men are more impactful, but my question for those dogging Kobe...how can you justify ranking Magic and Bird significantly ahead of him? Neither guy approached the longevity of his prime, and neither was a dominant two-way player (though Bird is obviously underrated defensively). Not to say Kobe was consistently so, but he had some legit years as a man defender.

I don't keep a GOAT list (and wouldn't weight accolades or box score stats all that much in making one if I did), and didn't start watching until the year after Bird retired so all of the games I've seen of both guys (aside from Magic at the Olympics and the brief comeback) is way after the fact.

Is the argument that they were both so much better in their ~9 year primes (80-88 for Bird, 83-91 for Magic), that it outweighs the longevity for Kobe? I understand that Bird is in GOAT peak conversations a lot, but how much better do they have to be during their primes than Kobe was to justify massive separation in their rankings?

Again, I don't have a problem with people placing them ahead. But some of the gaps between them are substantial (like people placing Bird/Magic in their top 3s, and Kobe outside of their top 10s), and seem to be a bit much, so I'd be interested in hearing some specific arguments.

EDIT: Just to clarify, not trying to advocate slotting Bryant ahead of Magic/Bird. But what is in some cases a double-digit separation in posters' rankings seems excessive IMO.
    Last edited by fpliii; 07-27-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen

I'm not talking about the ranking (pretty sure Jordan and Kareem is the consensus 1 and 2, or 1a and 1b, if you will) but the manner in which the list is being put together.

It's too haphazard, there is little consistency in the voters from one vote to another, there's absolutely NO quality discussion being had, and there's WAY too many biased stans (mostly of Kobe, as of yet) voting.

You can say "f*ck RealGM" all you want, but the discussion being had over there is top notch, and they actually have a set methodology for including voters.

Keep going with this if you really care so much, but on a site this infested with trolls, such a list will be of little, if any, significance.

Also, remember that time OP claimed he was dating Angie Varona, and had a meltdown when others exposed him?
    Link to Angie varona thread?

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen

Translation - "I hate Kobe."

OP, pay no mind. This is a great thing you're doing.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Russell Billbrook

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Translation - "I hate Kobe."

OP, pay no mind. This is a great thing you're doing.
    Except I don't hate Kobe, you simpleton. You do realize that people can have opinions on players that aren't either hatred or outright worship? Not everything is so black and white, fool.

I recognize Kobe's greatness. He's a legend. Truly. IMO, he's one of the 10 greatest players in the history of basketball.

But that doesn't change the fact that this list sucks d*ck (just like you and your other scumbag Kobe stans fantasize about doing).