Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: nikola Mirotic vs Dario Saric

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I don't know how someone can actually say how Mirotic will pan out in NBA at this time.

He's skilled in offense and can REALLY shot, but he's not very explosive to play at the 3.
    Because he's offensive skilled he has advantage playing at the 4 (stretching out, creating mismatches), but he's not strong enough to play defense at the 4.

I really think that it will depend on the system that he will play and how they use him.
    I find how "buff" everyone in the NBA is annoying. Even a sg is supposed to be built like a truck. I'd like it if someone risked the miss match and had Mirotic go against a stronger but probably slower pf who wouldn't feel as comfortable following him to the 3p line.

Someone said Mirotic has performed in finals and he is therefore more mentally ready. Mirotic has played in finals and he has lost in finals. That's all the mental readiness he has so far.

Saric played in a mostly bad league and was good there. He played 10 games in the eurocup and was probably below average.
    But he still is yound and this will be his first season in a good team with a good coach and with good opposition.
    It's too soon to call him anything other than promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly BC
    I find how "buff" everyone in the NBA is annoying. Even a sg is supposed to be built like a truck. I'd like it if someone risked the miss match and had Mirotic go against a stronger but probably slower pf who wouldn't feel as comfortable following him to the 3p line.

Someone said Mirotic has performed in finals and he is therefore more mentally ready. Mirotic has played in finals and he has lost in finals. That's all the mental readiness he has so far.

Saric played in a mostly bad league and was good there. He played 10 games in the eurocup and was probably below average.
    But he still is yound and this will be his first season in a good team with a good coach and with good opposition.

In my opinion Saric will be more well rounded.
    He can dribble and pass better then Mirotic.
    Defense is similar for now.
    Shooting Mirotic is better.
    In terms of physical abilities Mirotic is still better, but it's older.

But the thing that i think it will separate them is that, again, in my opinion, Saric can overtake games by himself.

(But yea, it was against weaker competition).

Question. The league Saric was in was weak. So next season he will be in a more competitive league? How do you grade it vs the other leagues in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Question. The league Saric was in was weak. So next season he will be in a more competitive league? How do you grade it vs the other leagues in Europe?
    He's going to play in Euroleague, first of all it's the best competition outside NBA so... we can see how he plays against tougher and experienced guys.

He's also going to play the domestin league in Turkey, which is developing every year because of big budgets.

Last year he played most of the times against poor competition, guys to young and inexperienced or players just average in Croatia and some good/ok teams inn the Adriatic League.

At least this I know about Euro ball. Saric played for a team in the Adriatic league, which is a local national league in the former Yugoslav area. He played very well there, and was MVP. This upcoming season, he will be playing for Efes, a team in Turkey, but the way it works out, Efes also plays in the top league in Europe called the Euroleague, where all of Europe's top teams play.

The EL is a level above the AL. Mirotic played well in the EL. See Dusko's earlier posts. If Saric plays well there, then he is clearly our man here in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    Nikola Mirotic is

named the 2010-11 and 2011-12 Euroleague Rising Star...named to the 2012-13 All-Euroleague Second Team...named the 2011-12 Euroleague December MVP...named the 2013-14 Euroleague October MVP...named the 2011-12 Euroleague Week-8 MVP...named the 2013-14 Euroleague Round 1 MVP...won the 2012-13 Spanish National Championship with Real Madrid CF...won the 2012 and 2014 Spanish National Cup (King's Cup) with Real Madrid CF...named the 2014 Spanish Cup Final MVP...won the 2012 and 2013 Spanish Super Cup with Real Madrid CF...has been member of the Spanish U-20 National Team.
    Everything in bold is totally meaningless. Nothing but totally meaningless awards that are complete nonsense and don't mean a thing, or TEAM based stuff from playing on a super duper mega stacked team.

Even the All Euroleague 2nd Team is highly dubious because in Euroleague those awards are:

1. voted by fans

and

2. based on TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENTS

And so in the cases of all Euroleague you always look for two types of players - the ones that actually are leaders of their teams (Spanoulis, Navarro, guys like that) and ones that do nothing but play in big teams and are in a system that helps them put pretty stats and that are popular with fans (MIROTIC).

So even those awards are pretty much bullshit to be totally honest about it. The only even legit thing there is the Spanish Cup MVP.......and that is a 3 GAME MID SEASON TOURNAMENT.

Your trolling is now at the level of Rooster and gabepizza.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-24-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Is this guy freaking serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Is this guy freaking serious?

MMMMeltdowwwwwnnn :

Quote Originally Posted by Oly BC

NBA players are not that "buff" really. It's only a few of them. Most of them are skinny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    He's going to play in Euroleague, first of all it's the best competition outside NBA so... we can see how he plays against tougher and experienced guys.

He's also going to play the domestin league in Turkey, which is developing every year because of big budgets.

Last year he played most of the times against poor competition, guys to young and inexperienced or players just average in Croatia and some good/ok teams inn the Adriatic League.
    Gotcha I was under the impression he was going to play in the same league as last season. Have no clue how it works over there as far as his bball schedule. Seems he's playing in two leagues. Thanks

yes, adriatic league is like 8th or 9th league in europe. no real competition, just bunch of washed up players and future draft picks.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

yes, adriatic league is like 8th or 9th league in europe. no real competition, just bunch of washed up players and future draft picks.
    It's more like 5th ( Endesa, VTB and Turkish are the only ones that are without a doubt better and probably Italian also ).

In 2012, Euroleague Basketball decided to update the rankings every year, and take into account the results from the previous seasons. The rankings, as of 2007, are also based on 70 percent basketball game competition results, and 30 percent TV revenues/ratings, attendance figures, and arena capacities. The allocation criteria is based in this ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    It's more like 5th ( Endesa, VTB and Turkish are the only ones that are without a doubt better and probably Italian also ).
    Oh please, even the greek league is better. The top greek teams blow the top adriatic league teams out of the water and we have a bunch that could get knocked out in eurocup's first round like Cibona...

I'd guess now the German league is also clearly ahead and moving up fast.

In 2012, Euroleague Basketball decided to update the rankings every year, and take into account the results from the previous seasons. The rankings, as of 2007, are also based on 70 percent basketball game competition results, and 30 percent TV revenues/ratings, attendance figures, and arena capacities. The allocation criteria is based in this ranking.

Out of that list reasonable doubts can only be had for the french and lithuanian leagues.