Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morey loses it.

NBA lottery pick

Default Morey loses it.

In order to defend himself he threw his whole team under the bus.

We needed Ariza cause Harden is shit on defense.

...and a few other gems.

Default Re: Morey loses it.

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.

...and a few other gems.
    Not a lie tho.

Banned

I wonder how long it takes for Dwight to start sulking next season.

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.

...and a few other gems.

Was this actually said? If so, wow.

Link to OP claim?

link?

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

People should be banned when they make claims like this without a link to go with it.

Honestly I'm not shocked. He has a habit of getting hot players in FA and then trade them.because they don't get HOU the same numbers. Gets stuff done yes but loves to trade/sign players a little too much.

"The structure of that (Parsons contract) is one of the most untradeable structures I've ever seen. That's why it came down to a bet of Harden, Howard, Parsons being the final piece because we would have had no ability to do anything after that. Harden, Howard, Parsons could have been good enough. I think Parsons is a tremendous player and I think he'll keep getting better. But It really comes down to is it better with that core or is it better with (Trevor) Ariza, plus the hundreds of moves that might be able to upgrade us in the other scenario. That core was going to have to be the core we had, because if we ever wanted to go after a different core, it wasn't going to be possible."
    So he is basically saying here that he only wanted Parsons to trade him in the future.

Not the best way to lay the groundwork for players to be willing to take a hometown discount.

From this...

To this...

And LOL at Houston fans blindly following Morey like he was the God of GMs. Him and McFail treat players like pawns...it's no wonder that no one wants to play for them and people are happy to leave.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    So he is basically saying here that he only wanted Parsons to trade him in the future.

Not the best way to lay the groundwork for players to be willing to take a hometown discount.
    Did we read the same thing? Out of that I got that Morey weighed the possibility of a future trade when considering whether or not to match. Not that he WOULD trade, but that he weighed the possibility. I'm 100% sure that that's a GM doing a fabulous job; one that is doing his due diligence. Can't assume the player and the team will be constant, year in and year out. Need to consider the likelihood, and ease with which, a deal may have to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Did we read the same thing? Out of that I got that Morey weighed the possibility of a future trade when considering whether or not to match. Not that he WOULD trade, but that he weighed the possibility. I'm 100% sure that that's a GM doing a fabulous job; one that is doing his due diligence. Can't assume the player and the team will be constant, year in and year out. Need to consider the likelihood, and ease with which, a deal may have to be made.

the deal is only 3 years long.

if he was that worried about it being untradable he was clearly thinking about moving Parsons in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    And LOL at Houston fans blindly following Morey like he was the God of GMs. Him and McFail treat players like pawns...it's no wonder that no one wants to play for them and people are happy to leave.
    I think McHale is the reason Bosh didn't go to Houston. Just speculating. Everything said that he was going to Houston if LeBron didn't come back. Houston put their trade through for Lin and everything pointed at Bosh coming to Houston. Bosh reportedly met with McHale, then a day or two later he went to Miami. I think Bosh saw the money Miami re-offered him and saw McHale had no idea what he's doing with that team.