Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Players who spent their entire career as the best player on their team

Durant has been so far.

And no, I'm not going through all 9 pages to see if that's already been mentioned, although I'm sure if it was there were some posters that were quick to point out Westbrook is better, the true leader of the team, the alpha and Durant is his beta, etc.

Default Re: Players who spent their entire career as the best player on their team

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Durant has been so far.

And no, I'm not going through all 9 pages to see if that's already been mentioned, although I'm sure if it was there were some posters that were quick to point out Westbrook is better, the true leader of the team, the alpha and Durant is his beta, etc.
    bump this in a couple of years if durant leaves for any team other than the lakers and just watch how many idiots say that westbrook was the best player on okc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Dude, I was looking up old threads from back then just to see what people were saying back then and I ran into this from September of 2011...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=20

You had LeBron first and Wade 4th in the entire league. It's not only revisionist history, you're revising your own words...
    lol..

And for those who DO think Wade was > LeBron in the ECSF (Which would be the only argument to at least be 2-2 in the playoffs, considering LeBron easily outplayed him in the regular season)

ECSF:
    Wade: 30/7/5 on 53%
    LeBron: 28/8/4 on 47%

ECF:
    Wade: 19/6/2 on 40%
    LeBron: 26/8/7 on 45%

That's a different kind of outplaying..

Also, lot at the same people who downplay LeBron's stats in losses, like this year's finals, but now use Wade's 2011 finals stats to have him above LeBron.. Funny shit.

What about KD?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    People are confusing performance over a whole 6 games over ability and who was better over a legitimate sample size. Parker outperformed Duncan in the 07' Finals, Dumars Isiah in 90', Maxwell Bird in 81', etc. Does that mean they were better players? LeBron had slightly better playoff numbers overall. Wade does not impact the boards or passing game like LeBron.

He doesn't? Then why in the 11 playoffs were their rebound percentages practically the same; how did Wade manage to grab a much higher % (and grab a higher total) of offensive boards despite being 4 inches shorter?

Wade also doesn't impact the game with his passing despite having averaged more than 6.5 assists every season of his career before Bron joined (except Rookie)?

This is not impacting a game with extraordinary passing?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngJSHNxtSko

Have you even watched this Miami Heat team play the last 4 years? Their success offensively was predicated around having 2 dynamic (excellent playmakers & passers) guys on the perimeter. Just go and watch a Wade & Bron alley-oop mix and tell me Wade's passing didn't help Bron at least as much as Bron's passing helped Wade. They are both great passers, and have been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    He doesn't? Then why in the 11 playoffs were their rebound percentages practically the same; how did Wade manage to grab a much higher % (and grab a higher total) of offensive boards despite being 4 inches shorter?

Wade also doesn't impact the game with his passing despite having averaged more than 6.5 assists every season of his career before Bron joined (except Rookie)?

This is not impacting a game with extraordinary passing?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngJSHNxtSko

Have you even watched this Miami Heat team play the last 4 years? Their success offensively was predicated around having 2 dynamic (excellent playmakers & passers) guys on the perimeter. Just go and watch a Wade & Bron alley-oop mix and tell me Wade's passing didn't help Bron at least as much as Bron's passing helped Wade. They are both great passers, and have been for a long time.
    he used the word "as much as lebron". he didnt say that he was a bad passer.
    why are you so insecure about being a heat fan? Everyone knows you are a true heat fan. Stop making stupid posts to prove your fandom. it is better to be a good poster than a "true" team fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    he used the word "as much as lebron". he didnt say that he was a bad passer.
    why are you so insecure about being a heat fan? Everyone knows you are a true heat fan. Stop making stupid posts to prove your fandom. it is better to be a good poster than a "true" team fan.
    I'm not insecure, i just don't see any evidence for his assertions. Wade averaged more offensive boards than Bron despite being a good deal shorter - offensive boards impact the game more than defensive boards. I also have never thought Lebron a better passer than Wade; he is an overrated passer (some people think he's better than Bird, compare him to Magic etc.) and Wade is an underrated passer. Bron has averaged more assists than Wade since being in Miami because he has dominated the ball far more.

I'm not insecure, i just don't see any evidence for his assertions. Wade averaged more offensive boards than Bron despite being a good deal shorter - offensive boards impact the game more than defensive boards. I also have never thought Lebron a better passer than Wade; he is an overrated passer (some people think he's better than Bird, compare him to Magic etc.) and Wade is an underrated passer. Bron has averaged more assists than Wade since being in Miami because he has dominated the ball far more.
    i read the bold part and knew that you are right. how can anyone argue against that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    i read the bold part and knew that you are right. how can anyone argue against that?
    I could post the numbers, but what good would it do? Look it up for yourself: Wade posted higher assist % than Bron 4 out of the 7 seasons they played in Miami and Cleveland respectively. He had a higher Assist % in 4 of the last 5 seasons before Bron joined him in Miami.

I could post the numbers, but what good would it do? Look it up for yourself: Wade posted higher assist % than Bron 4 out of the 7 seasons they played in Miami and Cleveland respectively. He had a higher Assist % in 4 of the last 5 seasons before Bron joined him in Miami.
    and? i just agreed with you. everyone knows that assist% and rebound% are the best stats.
    Do you want me to debate you on this even though we agree?
    i also agree that heat is better now without lebron dominating the ball so that wade and bosh can get back to their 2010 self.
    two players producing 27-6-6 and 24-9 on the same team would absolutely demolish the league.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Duncan
    dafuq outta here

Kawhi and Parker both were better at one point

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Wade played better than Kobe in 2011.
    Few people thought that in 2011.

Durant has been so far.

Westbrook outplayed Durant for an entire playoffs, not just one series. Using that logic employed by some, does that mean Westbrook>KD?

Then why in the 11 playoffs were their rebound percentages practically the same;
    176 rebounds>150.
    LeBron had 123 assists. Wade had 92.
    Wade scored 18 more points and had 3 more blocks, though.

Wade averages 5.0 rebounds for his career. LeBron averages 7.2 for his career and 7.6 during his time in Miami.

Wade also doesn't impact the game with his passing despite having averaged more than 6.5 assists every season of his career before Bron joined
    Who said that? What I said is he has less impact than LeBron. Look at their assist numbers while playing together in Miami:

LeBron: 7.0, 6.2, 7.3, 6.3.
    Wade: 4.6, 4.6, 5.1, 4.7.

How about rebounds?

LeBron: 7.5, 7.9, 8.0, 6.9.
    Wade: 6.4, 4.8, 5.0, 4.5.

LeBron has always been a better passer, rebounder, and defender than Wade. All Wade had over LeBron was scoring 0.8 more points--once in four postseasons together. Again, it was Wade he deferred to LeBron after 2011--not the other way around. Wade was a top 3 player at his peak and top 5 for several other years, including 2011, but he is not on LeBron's level. LeBron arguably will be top 3-5 all-time when it is all said and done, not top 3-5 for a couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Westbrook outplayed Durant for an entire playoffs, not just one series. Using that logic employed by some, does that mean Westbrook>KD?
    Thing is, Westbrook didn't even really, noticeably, outplay Durant in the playoffs this year. I'd say it was mostly a wash although Durant's numbers were better. People like to conveniently ignore the fact that due to Westbrook having to rest and nurse injuries, he played 1,700 fewer minutes than Durant in the regular season. Both were wore down by the end of the playoffs due to having to shoulder a big load, but Durant played more minutes than any other player in the NBA in the regular season, then played 43 minutes a night in the playoffs (4 more minutes per game than Westbrook) and his fatigue really started to show a lot quicker than a fresher, better rested Westbrook.