Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superstacked team loses one player, how will they fare?

As many people on this forum have suggested, the Miami Heat team was "THE MOST STACKED TEAM EVER OF ALL TIME!!!" So now that they've lost one player, how many wins do you project they'll get? When MJ left the Bulls in 1994, the Bulls team still did very well. Considering the Heat team is "THE MOST STACKED TEAM EVER OF ALL TIME!!!" I feel they should at least match what Chicago did sans Jordan, at the least. In fact, possible win even more games, since after all, this Heat team is "THE MOST STACKED TEAM EVER OF ALL TIME!!!"

Let's take a look at the numbers:

MJ Bulls in 93: 57 wins
    Bulls sans MJ in 94: 55 wins

LBJ Heat in 14: 54 wins
    Heat sans LBJ in 15: ???

So, looking at the obvious, the Bulls had a 2-win drop off after MJ left. Does that tell me MJ wasn't as impactful as we thought? Does it tell us perhaps the Bulls were amazingly stacked? Perhaps even more than the Miami Heat? Does anyone think the Miami Heat will get 52 wins in 2015? And in fact, since they're so stacked, can't we say they will not even have a 2 win drop off? I mean, if Chicago managed a 2-win drop off and they supposedly weren't as stacked, can we say that Miami has a 0 win drop off, hereby assuming they'd win 54 games again? Makes you think...

Also, if LBJ does get replaced by Carmelo or Luol Deng in Miami, that obviously changes things, as MJ's void in 94 was filled with Bill Wennington (7.4 ppg, 4.6 rpg)

Makes you think, doesn't it? Discuss:

Default Re: Superstacked team loses one player, how will they fare?

Heat arent stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Heat arent stacked.
    And while I would agree with you, good sir, there are many people on this forum who would suggest otherwise. I actually remember reading posts from mouth breathing morons that suggested the Heat team, "Wasn't fair and they were cheating because they are just too good/strong." And then in the same breath they propped up MJ saying how MJ did it all on his own, didn't need a stacked team.

The lulz it brought me. The lulz, man.

Heat will be around 45-50 wins. Cavs around the same unless they get love then more so 57-64 wins.

The Miami v Cleveland narrative will be pushed very hard. It will be a HUGE draw.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Not just about Lebron, they also lost Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers, and Shane Battier. All very important pieces to their championship teams. I don't think they will win more than 50 games next year.

Decent playground baller WindmiLL's Avatar

Of course Kobe stans, Durant stans, Jordan stans and Lebron haters in general will avoid this thread since Heat being ''all time stacked'' was their main excuse to discredit anything Lebron achieved there.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    Uhh, there's basically this exact same thread on the front page that was made by another bran stan.
    I'm pretty sure mine is much more eloquent and drives home better points. I also didn't see any other thread, but again, I'm sure mine is more well written.

Quote Originally Posted by WindmiLL
    Of course Kobe stans, Durant stans, Jordan stans and Lebron haters in general will avoid this thread since Heat being ''all time stacked'' was their main excuse to discredit anything Lebron achieved there.
    Precisely.
    Last edited by TheCorporation; 07-12-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Not just about Lebron, they also lost Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers, and Shane Battier. All very important pieces to their championship teams. I don't think they will win more than 50 games next year.
    Well, I think it was beneficial to the Miami Heat organization to lose Battier (did you see that guy in 2014?) and they haven't "Lost Ray Allen or Mario Chalmers yet. As for Chalmers, um, see my comment about Battier.

Has it really come to this? We are talking about a team's strength due in part to over-the-hill Battier and Mario the Finals disappearing Magician Chalmers?

Has it really come to this?

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

They were the most "stacked" team 3-4 years ago when D Wade was in his prime, Bosh was almost a superstar and Lebron was the best player on the planet. Add in some pretty solid depth and a weak east and yes, they were incredibly stacked. But 4 years later a lot has changed. Your comparison of the bulls minus MJ is apples to oranges, but with you bitch ass lebron stans that is how most of the comparisons are anyway.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Well, I think it was beneficial to the Miami Heat organization to lose Battier (did you see that guy in 2014?) and they haven't "Lost Ray Allen or Mario Chalmers yet. As for Chalmers, um, see my comment about Battier.

Has it really come to this? We are talking about a team's strength due in part to over-the-hill Battier and Mario the Finals disappearing Magician Chalmers?

Has it really come to this?
    Well then you have your answer, the Heat went from stacked to unstacked because of a regression of key players on their team.

Dunking on everybody in the park

How the hell is Miami going to win 50 games next year? They lost a lot of pieces and unless they replace them they will not be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Talent
    How the hell is Miami going to win 50 games next year? They lost a lot of pieces and unless they replace them they will not be as good.
    Well I trust Riley with building the team. They've been in the 40s in wins with Wade alone in the past. Now add Bosh and some good role players, and it's realistic, especially in the East.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Heat were stacked until the 2013/14 season when Bosh became a 3 point shooter and Wade became a bum on defense. 2011 through 2013 they were legit stacked though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

50 wins assuming Wade comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by WindmiLL
    He left his team as the best player in the league to team up with the 3rd best player in the league and like the 14th best in the league. That is all-time stacked no matter how much you want to pretend it isn't.