Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tim Duncan vs Shaq vs Hakeem - Who is ranked higher all time?

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Hakeem has the same amount of rings has Wilt.
    And one of them came in a season in which the best player in the league took the year off, and that 55-27 Bulls team still lost a close seven series against the 56-26 Knicks, who would lose a close seven game series against the 58-24 Rockets (they actually outscored Houston as well.) Oh, and Hakeem did not face ONE legitimate center in his first three rounds of the playoffs, and his tea barely beat a Knicks team that had no more talent that they had.

And in the '95 Finals, Hakeem's TEAMMATES just SHELLED Shaq's. In fact, Hakeem's TEAMMATES considerably outshot Hakeem in terms of eFG% (and Hakeem was BELOW the post-season league average BTW), and dramatically outshot Hakeem in terms of TS% (as did Shaq...who just brutalized Hakeem in that series.)

In terms of TEAM success, Wilt just BLOWS Hakeem away. Wilt went 12 Conference Finals (Hakeem to FOUR), and Chamberlain went to SIX Finals (Hakeem to THREE.) Wilt played on FOUR teams that won 60+ games, including TWO that went 68-13 and 69-13 (and won 33 straight), while Hakeem played on ZERO. And while Wilt lost ONCE in the First Round, Hakeem folded his tent in EIGHT of them (FIVE in blowout losses.)

Decent college freshman

The most talented basketball player:

1. Hakeem

2. Duncan/Shaq
    3. Shaq/Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan
    The most talented basketball player:

1. Hakeem

2. Duncan/Shaq
    3. Shaq/Duncan

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=onealsh01

Decent college freshman

I don't need basketball reference. I saw them play.

I don't need basketball reference. I saw them play.
    You must have been wearing pitch-black sunglasses my friend...

Shaq OWNED Hakeem. The stats do NOT lie.

Hakeem has no business being mentioned in the same breath as Shaq and Duncan.

His resume is probably not as great as Moses'.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    You must have been wearing pitch-black sunglasses my friend...

Shaq OWNED Hakeem. The stats do NOT lie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_By2-Z3tOms

Again...

I guess James Worthy is a top player cause MJ put him in his starting 5.

Shaq knows nothing, prolly the worse pundit on TV.

Hakeem. Duncan. Shaq.

Shaquille was honestly not a very fundamentally great basketball player, but rather a huge athletic freak who could dominate the post.

Duncan and Hakeem were good basketball players. They could make free throws. They had footwork, could pass etc.

Just my opinion feel free to flame on

Career - Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem

Pure talent/skills - Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq

Game domination - Shaq, Hakeem, Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    duncan needed stacked teams to win his rings. shaq won his first with kobe practically missing 2 games in the finals and shooting 30% from the field.

duncan also may have not played with a top 5 player, but made up for that by playing with more HOFers and a better coach.

better teammates, but worse finals performer. shaq never had a meltdown in the finals like duncan had in game 7 (missing point blank layups and all).

shaq also has better stats, more win shares (in his peak), better offensive rating (peak/prime) and a better player efficiency rating (in his prime/peak).

thing is, kobe cost the lakers a finals and nearly another with his horrendous play he also cost shaq another finals mvp. shaq has always been better, was just never fortunate to play with high iq teammates like duncan did/does.
    Aren't you the guy who said Duncan never had to carry a team because he always had a stacked cast, then I provided the stats and you flew away?

Anyway, I already spoke about 2000. One of the all time great title runs, especially when you consider he didn't have another superstar by his side (like he would in his next three).

The coaching thing is a wash. Some consider Phil the greatest, and some consider Pop the greatest.

Now let's get down to the teammates:

Shaq won four rings with Penny, Scott, Grant, Nick Anderson, Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Kobe, Wade, LeBron. Nash, Amare, Garnett, Pierce and Allen.

Duncan won five rings with Robinson, Derek Anderson, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, Richard Jefferson and Kawhi Leonard.

Look at that disparity.

Shaq definitely didn't have the meltdown, but he had the worst overall Finals of the two (06, where his star had to have one of the greatest Finals performances ever to win).

Shaq has the stats, sure. Like I said, Shaq wins on stats and peak, but those need to be put into context, and when you factor in intangibles (ie defense, the part of the game where Duncan excels and Shaq doesn't), their impact is very similar.

I'm not saying it isn't Shaq. If you think so fine, but it's not an easy decision at all.

But at you talking about Shaq not being as fortunate as Duncan. The guy played with more superstars than anyone else has ever, and he still has less to show for it than Duncan. And superstars run this league.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    I guess James Worthy is a top player cause MJ put him in his starting 5.

Shaq knows nothing, prolly the worse pundit on TV.
    So Shaq isn't qualified to assess a player that he played against for years, but you are?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    And one of them came in a season in which the best player in the league took the year off, and that 55-27 Bulls team still lost a close seven series against the 56-26 Knicks, who would lose a close seven game series against the 58-24 Rockets (they actually outscored Houston as well.) Oh, and Hakeem did not face ONE legitimate center in his first three rounds of the playoffs, and his tea barely beat a Knicks team that had no more talent that they had.

And in the '95 Finals, Hakeem's TEAMMATES just SHELLED Shaq's. In fact, Hakeem's TEAMMATES considerably outshot Hakeem in terms of eFG% (and Hakeem was BELOW the post-season league average BTW), and dramatically outshot Hakeem in terms of TS% (as did Shaq...who just brutalized Hakeem in that series.)

In terms of TEAM success, Wilt just BLOWS Hakeem away. Wilt went 12 Conference Finals (Hakeem to FOUR), and Chamberlain went to SIX Finals (Hakeem to THREE.) Wilt played on FOUR teams that won 60+ games, including TWO that went 68-13 and 69-13 (and won 33 straight), while Hakeem played on ZERO. And while Wilt lost ONCE in the First Round, Hakeem folded his tent in EIGHT of them (FIVE in blowout losses.)
    Hakeem dominated the whole 94 playoffs. Did matter who was guarding him. Even a all-time defense like the 94 Knicks couldn't stop him from destroying Patrick Ewing while dropping 27 ppg in one of Tuscany most physical series ever. In 95 Hakeem beat like 2 teams with better records and came back from down 3-1.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Aren't you the guy who said Duncan never had to carry a team because he always had a stacked cast, then I provided the stats and you flew away?
    show stats that say duncan had to carry more than shaq in 2000.

i'll wait

The coaching thing is a wash. Some consider Phil the greatest, and some consider Pop the greatest.
    nah pop is better. better with x's and o's and good at making supbar talent into HOFers.

duncan is the ultimate system player

]Now let's get down to the teammates:

Shaq won four rings with Penny, Scott, Grant, Nick Anderson, Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Kobe, Wade, LeBron. Nash, Amare, Garnett, Pierce and Allen.
    lets look at HOFers they've won with:

shaq: kobe, wade, horry, payton(on his death bed)
    duncan: parker, ginobili, david robinson, horry, bruce bowen and potentially leonard

...now look at that disparity.

Shaq definitely didn't have the meltdown, but he had the worst overall Finals of the two (06, where his star had to have one of the greatest Finals performances ever to win).
    no he didnt. in shaq's "worst finals", he had a better defensive rating, higher shooting percentage, and assist percentage...

Shaq has the stats, sure. Like I said, Shaq wins on stats and peak
    all that needs to be said

Are we talking stats and championships?

Or basketball talent?

If we are talking pure basketball talent it is Hakeem, Duncan then Shaq.

Shaq is the most dominant player I have ever witnessed. But as far as basketball fundamentals go he was very bad