Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I have Reportedly Agreed To An Eternal Contract With Bullshit in the Wrong Forum

Nick Calathes has reportedly agreed to a 3 year contract worth $15 million salary in NBA terms (gross and in US$ dollars), with the Greek Euroleague club Panathinaikos.

He will also of course get his agent's fees paid by the club, and his taxes paid by the club. And also his house, car, and living expenses for him and his family in Athens, will also be paid for by the club (currently, the living expense stipend for Panathinaikos players is $340,000 per year).

So with that included, it's like a 3 year $16 million contract.

He chose this, rather than stay in his next season's option contract with the Memphis Grizzlies, because that was only going to pay him about $800,000 next season.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-19-2014 at 07:21 AM.

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Nick Calathes Reportedly Agreed To A 3 Year $15 Million Contract With Panathinaikos

Default Re: Nick Calathes Reportedly Agreed To A 3 Year $15 Million Contract With Panathinaikos

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCereal
    That's in US money, so in Greece money that equals like 65 million, so it averages out to about 15 million. OP was good.

mods

First, that website is wrong.

As it said, "as reported by sport24.gr" ......

here is sport24.gr saying it is the amount I said,

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesB...s.2851933.html

The actual amount of €5.5 million euros net income ($7.5 million dollars net income).

That equals to $15 million gross in an NBA contract.

Plus the $340,000 a year for living expenses, and it comes to about $16 million a year.

So no, that's not "right". Of course, like all NBA only fans you are trying to claim gross income is the same thing as NET INCOME, because you are a freaking moron.

[QUOTE=Euroleague]First, that website is wrong.

As it said, "as reported by sport24.gr" ......

here is sport24.gr saying it is the amount I said,

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesB...s.2851933.html

[B]The actual amount of

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    That's in US money, so in Greece money that equals like 65 million, so it averages out to about 15 million. OP was good.
    Greek money is the Euro. That's worth more than the US dollar genius.

Hi Jeff
    http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesB...h.2838313.html

Right there moron. That tells you that in the NBA the salaries are listed as gross. It also tells you that he salaries in Europe are listed as NET INCOME.

It clearly states that he would only get $440,000 of his $800,000 NBA salary.

But that he would get ALL of whatever money his salary was from Panathinaikos. $6 million, which was the offer that the time of that article. Which eventually became $7.5 million, and that was what he eventually signed.

And confirmation they increased the offer was already given in that first line, here it is again, $7.5 million total -

NET INCOME

STOP TROLLING

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

Right there moron. That tells you that in the NBA the salaries are listed as gross. It also tells you that he salaries in Europe are listed as NET INCOME.

It clearly states that he would only get $440,000 of his $800,000 NBA salary.

But that he would get ALL of whatever money his salary was from Panathinaikos. $6 million, which was the offer that the time of that article. Which eventually became $7.5 million, and that was what he eventually signed.

And confirmation they increased the offer was already given in that first line, here it is again, $7.5 million total -

NET INCOME

STOP TROLLING

3/10

So I heard Arroyo beat Spanoullis in the MVP run. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    So I heard Arroyo beat Spanoullis in the MVP run. Is that true?
    No. It's not true. The 2013-14 Euroleague MVP vote result was,

1. Sergio Rodriguez

2. Vassilis Spanoulis

3. Rudy Fernandez

4. Nikola Mirotic

5. Sonny Weems

6. Carlos Arroyo (fan vote from online voting - counts as 25% of the vote for All-Euroleague, and winner gets fan MVP vote)

Arroyo was 6th, getting the vote of the fans in the online fan voting.

So Arroyo was 6th, getting just the fan vote from online. He didn't get any of the actual votes.

The sad part for Arroyo is, he was the first player in history to win the online fan voting, which counts for 25% of the vote for the All-Euroleague team, and yet still not make the actual All-Euroleague team.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-19-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    No. It's not true. The 2013-14 Euroleague MVP vote result was,

1. Sergio Rodriguez

2. Vassilis Spanoulis

3. Rudy Fernandez

4. Nikola Mirotic

5. Sonny Weems

6. Carlos Arroyo (fan vote from online voting - counts as 25% of the vote)

Arroyo was 6th, getting the vote of the fans in the online fan voting.

So Arroyo was 6th, getting just the fan vote from online. He didn't get any of the actual votes.
    look at all of these nba scrubs

I hit on 5-footers

Default Re: I have Reportedly Agreed To An Eternal Contract With Bullshit in the Wrong Forum

Mods please move this to scrub forum aka Euroleague forum.

Thank you for your cooperation

Default Re: I have Reportedly Agreed To An Eternal Contract With Bullshit in the Wrong Forum

Quote Originally Posted by -Lebron23-
    Mods please move this to scrub forum aka Euroleague forum.

Thank you for your cooperation
    Nick Calathes has been playing with the Memphis Grizzlies. So this is NBA related, whether you like it or not.

I only bother entering these Euroleague threads just to comment on the Title edits

Another classic.

You suck, Euroleague.