Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Magic Johnson lost in the NBA Finals 4 times

Who gives a flying fvck if Magic lost 4 times when he has more than double the championships Bran has?

3 of the 4 times he lost it was because of injuries...

Worthy in 83

Magic and Scott in 89

and Worthy and Scott in 91.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    3 of the 4 times he lost it was because of injuries...

Worthy in 83

Magic and Scott in 89

and Worthy and Scott in 91.
    Bob McAdoo was also injured and only played the first two games of the finals, not to mention he wasn't healthy even in the games that he played. He was a dangerous 15 point per game scorer off the bench in the regular season, so he definitely missed. But with that said and even factoring in the injury to James Worthy, 1983 felt like it was just Phili's year. The series would have been closer and competitive, but I believe the 76er's still win.

That Piston team was great in 1989 and they were definitely due. But it is hard not to think that the Lakers had a great chance to beat them again with a healthy Magic and Scott. LA had gone 11-0 in the playoffs up until those injuries. But how can any team win with their starting backcourt out? That meant that they were missing over 40 points, 12 rebounds, 16 assists, 51% fg and 36% 3PT shooting? No team could, so too much to overcome.

I don't think anything was derailing Michael Jordan and his Bulls in 1991 on their way to their first title. No, they weren't healthy, but I doubt that it would have mattered. It was just the Bulls' time, so give them credit.