Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Is Lebron to Dallas a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k

Dirk would kiss LeBron's championship rings if that would make him come to Dallas.

Dirk is all about winning. Will do whatever it takes. A true champion.
    I'm sure Dirk would, but Lebron/Ellis isn't working at all. We'd have to move Ellis...and Calderon's defense would be a problem as well unfortunately. Even though his shooting would be great.

I don't want Lebron. I want the Mavs to continue to build this team out and try to do what the Spurs have done since 2012. We have the potential for that, but we have to get the right pieces.

Lebron isn't that piece.

Trade Calderon/Wright/Ellington for Chandler

Give Lowry enough money for him to come...then sign Deng...and bring back Harris and Carter and Blair. Sign Marion cheap if he wants to come back.

Lowry/Harris/Larkin
    Ellis/Carter
    Deng/Marion
    Dirk/Blair
    Chandler/Dalembert

Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'm sure Dirk would, but Lebron/Ellis isn't working at all. We'd have to move Ellis...and Calderon's defense would be a problem as well unfortunately. Even though his shooting would be great.

I don't want Lebron. I want the Mavs to continue to build this team out and try to do what the Spurs have done since 2012. We have the potential for that, but we have to get the right pieces.

Lebron isn't that piece.

Trade Calderon/Wright/Ellington for Chandler

Give Lowry enough money for him to come...then sign Deng...and bring back Harris and Carter and Blair. Sign Marion cheap if he wants to come back.

Lowry/Harris/Larkin
    Ellis/Carter
    Deng/Marion
    Dirk/Blair
    Chandler/Dalembert

Championship!
    1. Chandler? Rly? Do you watch him in NY? bunch of a loser
    2.Deng? Did you watch him in Cleveland? but ok, i would go for him fo at max 7 mill a year
    3. lowry = yes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    1. Chandler? Rly? Do you watch him in NY? bunch of a loser
    2.Deng? Did you watch him in Cleveland? but ok, i would go for him fo at max 7 mill a year
    3. lowry = yes!
    Here is why;

He's on the last year of his contract...and Calderon/Wright are essentially worthless for this team. Calderon is a nice player, but his defense is just too bad and Harris/Larkin can actually give you more production combined.

We really need to trade Calderon/Wright/Ellington in my opinion. If we can turn those 3 guys and their 15 million a year into something we actually need...like a center....we have to do it.

This way we don't use any of our cap on improving the center position. Chandler/Dalembert is great.

Then we have plenty of cap to go after a guy like Lowry, get a guy like Deng at sf...and bring back harris and carter.

If we keep Calderon and Wright...we are stuck with the worst defensive back court in the league...and we have to sign a sf and a center with the cap.

A trade is definitely the best way to go here.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Honestly a LeBron/Dirk combo would be deadly. Even with an old Dirk.

Nope.

Don't want him either. We couldn't surround him with enough for him to get out of a real conference anyway.

put your pride and emotion aside...lol, every team in the NBA wants James, whether they have what it takes to acquire him is the real question

Here is why;

He's on the last year of his contract...and Calderon/Wright are essentially worthless for this team. Calderon is a nice player, but his defense is just too bad and Harris/Larkin can actually give you more production combined.

We really need to trade Calderon/Wright/Ellington in my opinion. If we can turn those 3 guys and their 15 million a year into something we actually need...like a center....we have to do it.

This way we don't use any of our cap on improving the center position. Chandler/Dalembert is great.

Then we have plenty of cap to go after a guy like Lowry, get a guy like Deng at sf...and bring back harris and carter.

If we keep Calderon and Wright...we are stuck with the worst defensive back court in the league...and we have to sign a sf and a center with the cap.

A trade is definitely the best way to go here.
    yes calderon and wright must go, thats clear, but honestly, if you have read interviews from carlise etc. you can read out that there wont be much, if any, change.

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    yes calderon and wright must go, thats clear, but honestly, if you have read interviews from carlise etc. you can read out that there wont be much, if any, change.
    yep, but in order to really do what we need...I think Calderon/Wright/Ellington have to be moved.

Serious playground baller paperstreet's Avatar

I would love if Bron came to Dallas. But as another poster mentioned, I don't think he likes Cubes much. Although Dirk is on his last legs, I think he has 2-3 good years left. Ellis too is a bargain. And carlisle >> spolestra.

I think he goes back to Cleveland or stays in miami

+1 on moving calderon, wright, ellington. Jose is ok, but I don't think he and ellis coexist well. I would see what options are out there to move Jose.

I'd love if Dallas could acquire Gortat, Deng, Lowry. Add them with Dirk and Ellis and that's a dark horse contender.

I would love LeBron on the Mavericks.

For one season.

I think like Bill Simmons does: LeBron should sign one year contracts every season with a team looking to make a title run. Go be an assassin and help teams get to the Finals and (potentially) win a ring.

Then move on to the next team.

Dallas this year, Houston next year (with Lin + Asik off the books), wherever Durant goes in 2016, then to NO in 2017 to help AD get a title.