Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Could LeBron pull off back-to-back Finals MVP if he had 9 more rpg like Kobe did?

Maybe Bron should help the cause himself?

Kobe 15 rebounds as a SHOOTING GUARD in the critical G7. WOW.

Default Re: Could LeBron pull off back-to-back Finals MVP if he had 9 more rpg like Kobe did?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Of course when you factor in LeBron's rebounding abilities versus Kobe's he is much better. No one is denying that. But, I am not comparing Kobe and LBJ, you must have missed my first post...I am talking about their SUPPORTING CAST.

How does this not click? Let me break it down:

I am comparing LBJ and Kobe's teammates, not LBJ and Kobe's stats included.

i included the whole team and lakers still had 9 more rebounds than miami.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Of course when you factor in LeBron's rebounding abilities versus Kobe's he is much better. No one is denying that. But, I am not comparing Kobe and LBJ, you must have missed my first post...I am talking about their SUPPORTING CAST.

How does this not click? Let me break it down:

I am comparing LBJ and Kobe's teammates, not LBJ and Kobe's stats included.

miami rebounds per game 2013-14 postseason: 33.6(last in the playoffs)
    Lakers rebounds per game 2009-10 postseason:42.9(3rd in the playoffs)
    that is more than 9 rebounds per game difference. Just see how lakers/kobe fans ignore this.

Kobe stans getting owned left and right.

not one guy replied after i posted those rebound numbers.

You can't compare them. One is a SG and the other is a 300lb. steroid freak.

2 different positions.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    that is more than 9 rebounds per game difference. Just see how lakers/kobe fans ignore this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    2011-12 Heat: 41.6 rebounds/game
    2012-13 Heat: 38.6 rebounds/game
    And for what it's worth: 2010-11 Heat: 42.1 rebounds/game

2008-09 Lakers: 43.9 rebounds/game
    2009-10 Lakers: 44.3 rebounds/game

Also, you have to factor in that the Lakers played at a higher pace than Miami allowing for more rebounds to be had.

Basically, you're a dumb piece of shit. Yeah, the Lakers were a better rebounding team than the Heat. But not by the outrageous 9 rebounds/game that you have somehow manipulated the numbers into.
    here are the real numbers

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    You cherrypicked the highest season for LA (title winner) and the lowest for Miami. And you laughably want to take a victory lap? Most of the data points to a much smaller rebounding gap the 9 per game.

The OP wasn't even comparing the 2014 Heat to the Lakers, he was comparing them to the 2012 team.
    Last edited by ThePhantomCreep; 06-14-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Local High School Star

lebron playing with two post players

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    You cherrypicked the highest season for LA (title winner) and the lowest for Miami. And you laughably want to take a victory lap? Most of the data points to a much smaller rebounding gap the 9 per game.

The OP wasn't even comparing the 2014 Heat to the Lakers, he was comparing them to the 2012 team.
    I picked the last time Lakers were in finals and compared it to this year's Miami numbers as this is the latest finals heat have played.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    here are the real numbers
    What real numbers? I posted numbers from bbal reference. 5-6 rebounds per game difference is big enough. Close to 10 is huge. Miami can't miss many shots because of this .

Like I said, if LBJ had 3 players averaging 9 rpg each he would be killing the league. Unfortunately he doesn't have elite brick catchers like Kobe did. Ever notice that Kobe always had elite rebounding (paramount for a chucker) in Shaq and Odom and Gasol and Bynum etc.

The luxuries of a chucker.