Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I dont like hypotheticals, but if you put Kobe on those Bulls teams, they still win 6

championships. Those Bulls team were too stacked. They were contenders without MJ. Even a player like Kobe would put them way over the top of the other teams.
    And Kobe wouldnt give up on the team twice.

Default Re: I dont like hypotheticals, but if you put Kobe on those Bulls teams, they still win 6

Agree Kobe would win 8 chips there because he would not quit but if you put Bran there, they would be 2/5 instead

Default Re: I dont like hypotheticals, but if you put Kobe on those Bulls teams, they still win 6

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Agree Kobe would win 8 chips there because he would not quit but if you put Bran there, they would be 2/5 instead
    i dont know about 8

I agree

This was a random topic, but okay

Quote Originally Posted by tanner892
    Bran would only win 2
    i guess you are making this comment thinking i m a lebron stan

fail

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

I don't like hypotheticals either, but if you put prime MJ next to prime Shaq, you get at least 6 rings right there.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    championships. Those Bulls team were too stacked. They were contenders without MJ. Even a player like Kobe would put them way over the top of the other teams.
    And Kobe wouldnt give up on the team twice.
    Not too sure about that, you seen some of the shots Kobe takes? Pretty sure he would've shot us out of more than a few series...

One thing's for sure, put MJ on the 2011 Heat instead of LeBron and they'd be threepeat champs today.

Quote Originally Posted by tanner892
    Bran would only win 2
    Not enough 'help'

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Not too sure about that, you seen some of the shots Kobe takes? Pretty sure he would've shot us out of more than a few series...

One thing's for sure, put MJ on the 2011 Heat instead of LeBron and they'd be threepeat champs today.
    nah, they wouldnt win 2012 without lebron. Lebron did too much for that team.

NBA Legend

Six total playoff games. Sounds about right.

I think with Kobe, they win 2/3 for both 3-peats. So 4, maybe 3 if they're unlucky, maybe 5 if they're exceptionally lucky. Most likely 4, but 6 isn't happening.

1st 3-peat

27-29 year old MJ: 31/6/6/3/1 on 58% TS

27-29 year old Kobe: 32/6/5/2/1 on 57% TS

2nd 3-peat

32-34 year old MJ: 30/6/4/2/1 on 56% TS

32-34 year old Kobe: 27/5/5/2 on 55% TS

MJ is clearly better, especially defensively, but the gap isn't monumental. I think Kobe at the ages considered, is good enough to win 4/6 rings with Michael's teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I think with Kobe, they win 2/3 for both 3-peats. So 4, maybe 3 if they're unlucky, maybe 5 if they're exceptionally lucky. Most likely 4, but 6 isn't happening.

1st 3-peat

2nd 3-peat

MJ is clearly better, especially defensively, but the gap isn't monumental. I think Kobe at the ages considered, is good enough to win 4/6 rings with Michael's teams.

Those stats are closer than I originally thought.. Can you post their playoff numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

1st 3-peat

2nd 3-peat

kobe wouldnt waste years playing baseball
    That season where Bulls won 55 games without MJ, they would have won it with Kobe.
    Last edited by livinglegend; 06-14-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Those stats are closer than I originally thought.. Can you post their playoff numbers?
    That's what I was thinking. Something is up.