Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pistons Owns Lakers DetroitPistonFan's Avatar

Default Re: If you don't think Duncan >>> Kobe after the Spurs win, you should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by nzahir
    Fixed
    They did stop Shaq. He sucked in all the series against the Spurs.

Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: If you don't think Duncan >>> Kobe after the Spurs win, you should be banned.

Those people are idiots. Here are the facts about that.

Kobe was a pretty good second option in 2000.
    Kobe was probably the best 1B player ever in 2001.
    Kobe was a really really good second best player in 2002.

The rings matter, just not the same as if he were "the man."

For example, those three rings are not equal to three of Jordan's. Pretty easy to understad.

But they still matter. A Lot......they're a huge part of his legacy. As they should be.

Just like Duncan winning a 5th would help his legacy. He's not a role player, that's obvious.
    Last edited by Carbine; 06-13-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Duncan is ahead of Kobe on my list already. Already has been for a couple years now.

College superstar

The rings matter, just not the same as if he were "the man"
    . "Rings as the man" is a faux category. It's not even a real category, yet for some reason people throw it out as if it's a statistical category. Seriously, does anyone outside of ISH and similar websites comprised of a tiny fraction of hardcore elitist fans care about this? This is a rhetorical question. No one does. Rings are rings. Walk into the local sports bar tonight and ask people how many rings any all-time great player has: Jordan, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem etc. 6, 6, 11, 5, 3, 5, 4 and 2. It's hilarious how elitist fans obsess over a fictional category that is based on subjective factors and is irrelevant.

Why should we ban people because of their opinions? I think Duncan is slightly higher than Kobe at the moment (and will go even higher after he wins his 5th) but it's only my opinion. Other people will say that Kobe is higher than Timmy because he won more rings, and I have no problems with that. It's not as stupid as some people think. If you say that McGrady is better than Jordan then that's worthy of a ban, but Kobe over Duncan? No because they're very close.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    . "Rings as the man" is a faux category. It's not even a real category, yet for some reason people throw it out as if it's a statistical category. Seriously, does anyone outside of ISH and similar websites comprised of a tiny fraction of hardcore elitist fans care about this? This is a rhetorical question. No one does. Rings are rings. Walk into the local sports bar tonight and ask people how many rings any all-time great player has: Jordan, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem etc. 6, 6, 11, 5, 3, 5, 4 and 2. It's hilarious how elitist fans obsess over a fictional category that is based on subjective factors and is irrelevant.
    I don't particularly care what a bunch of casual fans at the bar have to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by deja vu
    Why should we ban people because of their opinions? I think Duncan is slightly higher than Kobe at the moment (and will go even higher after he wins his 5th) but it's only my opinion. Other people will say that Kobe is higher than Timmy because he won more rings, and I have no problems with that. It's not as stupid as some people think. If you say that McGrady is better than Jordan then that's worthy of a ban, but Kobe over Duncan? No because they're very close.
    This championship does nothing to Timmy's legacy for me. He's really nothing more than an OK player on this team.

NBA All-star

but what you are implying is that casual fans need to have a brain, or be taught with useful information. And that when they think junk and speak junk, they should be silented.

ideal? you think if ideals like this mattered, NBA would have been selling more Tim Duncan Jersey already!

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    .4 sec shot by Fisher or it's 3-3. Act like you ain't get bailed out. Then you got embarrassed by Pistons while we embarrassed them the next year. You also had 2 top 10 of all time vs 1. Get out of here. 2/1 = 4/2. Sounds balanced to me, Kobetard.

Embarassed the Pistons? Bitch please. BTW, Horry should have been called for a charge on the dunk on Hamilton. Never forget.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    This championship does nothing to Timmy's legacy for me. He's really nothing more than an OK player on this team.
    If he's just an OK player on this team, than the rest of the team is comprised of nothing more than OK players and thus just an OK team.

An OK team that is up 3-1 on the Miami Heat Dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Well...he's no longer the "main man" for this team but he's a vital and important cog. That still matters for me.

High School Starter

me as a Laker fan Tim D is on pare with kobe B both are great dam Tim your age and you are out playing 2 sorry 3 super stars we must of forgot how great he is like Kobe Tim D the best power forward ever book it

Dunking on everybody in the park

I think at this point all GOAT talk should be banned. There is no real GOAT list. There is only opinions and I've said this before.

Do we really need to rehash Duncan and Kobe again? It feels like days can't go by before someone has to bring it back up. It's a dead horse already, let it go. If you think Duncan is higher up than Kobe on YOUR list then good for you, if you think Kobe is higher up than Duncan on YOUR list then good for you.

You can't ban people for having an opinion, especially when yours is the whole point of this topic.

connor b

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DFish24
    If you think a title as a role player puts Duncan over Kobe, you should be banned.
    So Duncan was a "role player" in this Finals run according to you (conveniently ignoring the entire regular season, and his collective impact during the first 3 rounds AND first two games in this current series) .... but Kobe wasn't a role player in 2000? Is that what you're attempting to insinuate?

Peak for peak, prime for prime, Duncan was simply a better overall player than Kobe, has a more impressive resume than Kobe, and has officially stripped him of his "edge" in longevity. The man was top 3 in DPOY voting last season at 37 ****ing years, while Kobe hasn't tried to play defense since 2010

If the Spurs manage to close this series out, Kobe stans will lose the only remnant they had left to proclaim Kobe's supremacy over Duncan. Not that it matters. Those of us that understand the game in unbiased fashion know that Duncan > Kobe....except when it comes to albatross contracts that cripple your franchise. Kobe's got that ownage for sure