Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Coach Spo will be fired if the Heat lose this championship. Big 3 will stay together.

Coaches are the fall-guys in this era. He'll be blamed/canned, the big 3 will stay together.

Default Re: Coach Spo will be fired if the Heat lose this championship. Big 3 will stay together.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Coaches are the fall-guys in this era. He'll be blamed/canned, the big 3 will stay together.
    Not sure how game 3 and 4 are his fault. What more could he do? Bench Chalmers, but that doesn't amount to much.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Default Re: Coach Spo will be fired if the Heat lose this championship. Big 3 will stay together.

seems likely. but it would be a bad decision to keep the big 3 together, in my opinion. if bosh is used as nothing more than a feign floor spacer for the heat, they might as well sign 2 players that would help the team more based on need:a decently cheap big that can board and block shots, and one of the many stretch forwards in the leauge.

Got any links, sources, or inside info? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Not sure how game 3 and 4 are his fault. What more could he do? Bench Chalmers, but that doesn't amount to much.
    I'm not saying he deserves it, I'm just saying that's how the league works and I'd bet that is what will happen. The front office of the Heat will need someone to blame to keep the organization and fans moving forward, they've got too much stock invested in their players so they will look to blame and replace the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Got any links, sources, or inside info?

Or are you just talking out of your ass.
    I've got a crystal ball, don't ever doubt me again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    As Doc Rivers and plenty of others have said, it's a make-or-miss league.

I think the only thing he could've done differently is committed to a 4-out-1-in half court offense (with short hooks when shooters aren't hitting), and played strict man-to-man defense (not closing out, and conceding the drive).

In all of this though, it's being lost how dominant the Spurs have win. We can't penalize Spo or anybody for the last two games. It's more about giving SA credit for their display.

I'm not saying he deserves it, I'm just saying that's how the league works and I'd bet that is what will happen. The front office of the Heat will need someone to blame to keep the organization and fans moving forward, they've got too much stock invested in their players so they will look to blame and replace the coach.
    Okay, but it won't make Wade look any younger or his knees any better.

There's no reason for Spo to be fired. SAS just went off. It's a Spurs positive, not a Heat negative.

Spo finally getting exposed as the shitty coach he is

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Spo finally getting exposed as the shitty coach he is
    I disagree. He's a good coach.

The thing that you guys don't get is this years Heat team is not "stacked" like some of you love to claim it is. Spo simply can not put half of this roster on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    There's no reason for Spo to be fired. SAS just went off. It's a Spurs positive, not a Heat negative.
    I agree, and Spo has coached the big 3 every season they've been together to 4 consecutive trips to the NBA Finals, and won 2. That is phenomenal, but it's just how the league works. If there's gonna be a disposable fall guy in the eyes of the front office, it's gonna be coach Spo. And at the same time their front office will do everything possible to keep the big 3 together.

I agree, and Spo has coached the big 3 every season they've been together to 4 consecutive trips to the NBA Finals, and won 2. That is phenomenal, but it's just how the league works. If there's gonna be a disposable fall guy in the eyes of the front office, it's gonna be coach Spo. And at the same time their front office will do everything possible to keep the big 3 together.
    Heat haters are getting ahead of themselves. Not winning in 2014 doesn't equal the end of the Heat. LeBron is not even 30. All it takes is a few role player shooters and MIA is back in business.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Spo don't care:

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Heat haters are getting ahead of themselves. Not winning in 2014 doesn't equal the end of the Heat. LeBron is not even 30. All it takes is a few role player shooters and MIA is back in business.
    They should go get Ariza. Bosh should take a paycut and get him.