Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Best second option in NBA playoff history?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    why? He and bosh carried them to finals. Wade's finals stats wouldn't matter if he lost against chicago. Wade had worse stats against bulls in ECF than lebron's 2011 finals stats.
    Wade choked in the 4th quarters?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    In order to not be subjective I took the Finals MVP winner and compared their second option. Takes out the argument of "But Duncan/Parker/Magic etc was better that year."
    But it's false, anyone can logically come to the conclusion that the examples I said were wrong are wrong. 01' Kobe>80' Magic, 81' Maxwell, 85' Kareem and 07' Parker...

FMVP isn't always an objective way of deciding who was the best player on the team. Most of the time it's given to the best player but there's atleast 5 times where the player who won the FMVP wasn't the best player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    But it's false, anyone can logically come to the conclusion that the examples I said were wrong are wrong. 01' Kobe>80' Magic, 81' Maxwell, 85' Kareem and 07' Parker...

FMVP isn't always an objective way of deciding who was the best player on the team. Most of the time it's given to the best player but there's atleast 5 times where the player who won the FMVP wasn't the best player.
    Don't have to look that far back either, see 2008 Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Don't have to look that far back either, see 2008 Celtics
    Yeah that would've been my 5th example...

Wade choked in the 4th quarters?
    why do you act like you are unbiased when you clearly aren't? i like lebron but you don't see me posting anything against durant. I don't even post much about kobe even though his stans hate lebron the most.
    you like kobe/lakers/celtics fan. i don't have a problem with that but if someone liked both heat and pacers then i bet you would have a problem with that because you try to fit in that false definition of a "true fan" created by media so private clubs make a lot of money.

Not quite, junior.

LeBron in 2012:

30/10/6 on 50% with 2 steals per game. Nice try, though.
    Love the condescending dickhead gimmick. You're pulling it off quite nicely.

Anyways, if you read my comment, you'd have seen the CURRENT part in it. As in 29 year old 2013-14 Lebron, 25 year old 2013-14 Durant, and 22 year old 2000-01 Kobe.

Lebron these playoffs: 27/7/5/2/1 on 67% TS with average defense outside of some games here and there

Kobe in 2001: 29/7/6/2/1 on 56% TS with elite defense...as a 2nd option.

And another cute little fact for you - Kobe trashed prime Duncan and the Spurs for 33/7/7/2/1 on 51/36/77 shooting.

"Not quite" Try again, kiddo.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 06-13-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    why do you act like you are unbiased when you clearly aren't? i like lebron but you don't see me posting anything against durant. I don't even post much about kobe even though his stans hate lebron the most.
    you like kobe/lakers/celtics fan. i don't have a problem with that but if someone liked both heat and pacers then i bet you would have a problem with that because you try to fit in that false definition of a "true fan" created by media so private clubs make a lot of money.
    Firstly, I'm not a Lakers fan, I just like the way Kobe plays, secondly I dont care who you like and who you dont, thats your opinion, who am I to tell you thats wrong.

Anyway, back to the topic, Wade did need help, but they all benefitted equally from signing together, Bron and Bosh from a help standpoint and Wade from a health standpoint.

Firstly, I'm not a Lakers fan, I just like the way Kobe plays, secondly I dont care who you like and who you dont, thats your opinion, who am I to tell you thats wrong.

Anyway, back to the topic, Wade did need help, but they all benefited equally from signing together, Bron and Bosh from a help standpoint and Wade from a health standpoint.
    i just said that wade will benefit the most if he gets another contract. there is no way wade plays this year if he had to carry the team alone for past 4 seasons.

5> 2

2001 Kobe is the best "2nd option" in league history in the Playoffs, 2002-03 Kobe would have to be the best "2nd option" in league history in the regular season, just look at the damn numbers nikka. 2002 Finals was also very impressive by a 2nd option, not sure how many "2nd options" have put up those numbers on high efficiency like he did against the Nets.

2001 led the Playoffs in WS and had the same WS/48 as Shaq and put up 33/7/7 against the Spurs in the WCF, b2b 45+ pt 10+ reb games, what other sidekick has done that? I mean, Kobe's numbers against the Western Conference in the Playoffs in 2001 rival MJ's numbers and his 2002-03 regular season is as good as at least 80% of MJ's regular seasons in terms of all-around impact (rebounding, passing, defense) + scoring 30 ppg and winning 50+ games.

Kobe as a sidekick was a top 3-5 player in the league, Kobe as a 1st option was the best player on the planet from 06-09. Can't hate on the brodie.

Among all NBA Finals MVP winners, who had the best second option of all time?

Magic had:
    KAJ in 1980 put up 32/12/3 on 57% with 4 blocks per game

Cedric Maxwell had:
    Bird in 1981 put up 22/14/6 on 47% with 2.3 steals per game

Parker had:
    Duncan in 2007 put up 22/12/3 on 52% with 3 blocks per game

Neither of those guys were a 2nd option

KAJ was MVP in 1980, best player in the league, easily better stats and impact than rookie Magic, in the RS and the PS, without him they don't even get to the Finals, let alone win it. Jabbar was the alpha and the true FMVP.

Cornbread the 1st option? Bird was 4th in MVP voting as a rookie, all-nba 1st, Maxwell was never top10 in MVP voting or all-nba in his career, Larry took the team from 2nd worst record in the league to best and the ECF, with the same roster that already had Max who wasn't doing shit. Bird had much more impact and better stats in the regular-season or the playoffs, Bird outplayed the MVP in the toughest series for them and he should've been Finals MVP tbh, as he was much better than Cedric in everything except for scoring (which wasn't far at all), he was getting more attention, clutch af too. Larry was the leader and easily the best player.

Timmy was the one putting more points on the board throughout the year, he was all-nba 1st and 4th in MVP voting, Parker ain't ****ing with that. Duncan was the main-man still, and best player.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    5> 2
    Kobe won 2 finals MVPS in 7 trips
    LeBron won 2 finals MVPs in 5 trips (could potentially win 3 of 5)

3/5 > 2/7

Unless your 5 >2 is Fisher > LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    2001 Kobe is GOAT 2nd option. 29/7/6 is first option stuff. All around offensive versatility, lock down defense with elite volume scoring. And he was clearly his team's closer for those playoff runs.
    you are correct

Kobe was always at his best as a second option.

Forget the stats. Who was the most impactful?