Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid 5

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Some reviewers have said there are still plenty of story bombshells and general Kojima craziness. I think the gameplay to cutscene ratio is just tilted way more toward gameplay this time around, which is throwing some people off. MGS is known for those 20 minute power point presentations and exposition dumps, so it's a little jarring when all of the sudden you have hours of uninterrupted gameplay. Sounds great to me, but some people prefer the constant wackiness.

Also, apparently some reviewers didn't see the true ending.
    I really hope so in regard to the story. Codec convos seem to have been replaced with tapes. Honestly I can do without those 20 "power point" presentations, video clips, etc that go on and on, and sometimes way off tangent. Metal Gear 2, 3, 4 sometimes just had way to information to process. I replayed Metal Gear Solid 1 over the weekend and was impressed at how " to the point" all the codec conversations and cut scenes were. I hope in that vain that is what Kojima is doing with Metal Gear Solid 5. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

I'm super happy about what i'm hearing of the gameplay. If there is a shower scene with Quiet then GOTY baby

Low focus on story and boss battles.
    High focus on freedom, flexibility and content.

This game still has a story element but it isn't as high focused as previous installments. It doesn't really mean the story is poor considering MGS are some of the very best story driven games in gaming history.

The amount of stuff you can customize is insane. Plus the whole "build your army by stealing enemies shit" premise sound exciting. You can essentially recruit prisoners to your organization and manage literally everything.

So instead of causing explosions and being careless; the stealth element rewards you. By being stealthy, you can extract information and equipment to your HQ. By doing that, you can upgrade your weapons and other miscellaneous gems. It sounds pretty fascinating.

I don't really remember an open world game like this that was based on military operations. The only game I can think of is The Division that's coming out next year (and it looks BAD ASS).

College superstar

I've been playing metal gear since the PS1 days. I'm looking forward to the refreshing change of gameplay to cut scene ratio. Metal gear 4 was absurd at times.

I'll be playing offline though. I can't be dealing with mouthy 13 year old kids stealing all my shit that I've spent my weekends accumulating for my base whilst I'm out on missions. **** that.

Banned

The story is fine. This guy is usually is pretty accurate with his reviews:

http://www.gamespot.com/metal-gear-s...-phantom-pain/

Only one or two reviewers didn't enjoy the story as much, one of them being a French dude who never played the series beforehand.

You can't have a weak story and get 10/10 on IGN and Gamespot. Even a 95 on Metacritic is higher than Witcher and any other game this year.

Potentially part of the problem with them saying the story is lacking is cause they've done a speed run and just barreled through all the main missions. As with Peace Walker, a lot of the story needs to be pieced together yourself and you need to take the time to go and listen to all of the taped conversations between characters. If you're just running through to finish you miss all of that sort of stuff.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    new launch trailer released today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI

an homage/recollection to all the other mgs games
    That song man. Very sad/good song. Sounds like a goodbye. Probably is since it appears Kojima and some of his crew would be leaving Konami.

This is probably going to be the last MGS game for a lot of ppl and reviewers are calling it the best one. Kind'a revolutionary since there is no game like it in the stealth genre. Can't wait. Less than a week to go!

I don't think it'll be the last Metal Gear Solid game, but it'll be the last "true" MGS game now get Kojima is leaving Konami. It's still a popular franchise so I'm sure they'll Assasins Creed it where they bring out a new game every couple of years from now on.

Will people follow Kojima for whatever his new team will make in the future or stick with Konami's MGS?

Decent playground baller KnittingRyu's Avatar

I couldn't really get into it, but I don't have a history of playing the older games either.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Will people follow Kojima for whatever his new team will make in the future or stick with Konami's MGS?
    MGS V is, for all intents and purposes, the last REAL Metal Gear game. I'm sure Konami will make some shitty mobile spinoff or something, but nobody will consider it to be an actual Metal Gear game.

So to answer your question, whatever Kojima does next will be infinitely more interesting.

Do you have to play MGS4 to enjoy this? I beat MGS1, 2, and 3 but don't have a ps3 to play MGS4 on

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Do you have to play MGS4 to enjoy this? I beat MGS1, 2, and 3 but don't have a ps3 to play MGS4 on
    Nope. If you play this before Metal Gear Solid 4 then the ending for that game will be super sweet for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Nope. If you play this before Metal Gear Solid 4 then the ending for that game will be super sweet for you.
    Is MGS4 worth playing or shall I just watch a play through on YouTube? I hate single console exclusives.. Arghhh!!!

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Kojima is a pretty big name. One of the few devs who managed to put his name out there to the point where his name will sell the game I think.

But if he goes to a company who will give him money to do his thing, I feel like he'll be okay. If he brings some of the main guys from his team, then we might be end for a treat. Like his lead programmers, sound effect guys, and his art work partner.

Rumor has it that the all of the main dudes in his studio are getting the boot (all of them are contractors now). I imagine if he can bring all of those guys, especially the ppl who worked on the Fox Engine, then he'll be okay. People will follow him.

And since Konami wants to focus on mobile games to spend low and get bigger profit, then I don't know if they'll make a proper Metal Gear. Look at the Silent Hill games after Team Silent left. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll find a studio to make MGS games good, but they have some big shoes to fill.

meh, not even playing as BB

will pirate