Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Post your level-headed, reasonable 2014 NBA Finals Game 3 observations

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    The first half really demolished the Heat. That's an understatement as well. 71 first half points on near 90% shooting. They regresses a lot in the 2nd half though. 40 points. If only the Heat was able to keep up with them. Too many stupid TOV's, which led to points. Overcommitting (again, I've been saying this since day 1) on players who don't deserve that kind of defensive attention. Miami should've tried to put them in a position to take bad shots. Not trying to force TOV's. That's a stupid strategy against this Spurs team.

LeBron. Dude is extremely frustrating to watch. Was pretty good in G1 (minus the cramps), terrific in G2, and downright terrible after the first quarter in G3. 6 points and 5 TOV's in the 3rd and 4th? Dude should just say **** it and start to chuck up shots.

Mario Chalmers. This mother****er needs to test positive for drugs or some shit. Tried to "take over" the game and missed a couple of shots, leading to SAS points in the 4th. Dumb TOV's and fouls. Dude is legit retarded. He should be reminded that he's a scrub, not a star player. Had a TOV as soon as he entered the game in the 4th.
    I feel like after a good performance lebron becomes statisfied with himself and doesnt have the same aggressiveness. After everyone called him out after game 1 he went off with his shooting.. almost in revenge for last year too. He needs people to hate to get his motivation up.

He will surely respond next game.. this stuff is too predictable. I wish I had a reliable website to place bets on

Default Re: Post your level-headed, reasonable 2014 NBA Finals Game 3 observations

LeShit about to be 2/5 in the finals

Default Re: Post your level-headed, reasonable 2014 NBA Finals Game 3 observations here

Leonard needs to stay out of foul trouble in order for the Spurs to win this series. He's also th

NBA lottery pick

If this picture appears to be distorted please make sure are properly hydrated and check your air conditioning system.

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

So glad the Spurs didn't choke this one away. Heat came back to within 7 pts.

Hopefully the Spurs continue to beat the Heat with their superior execution.

Worried about Lewis finding his groove, I think Spurs will continue to let him shoot those threes rather than letting Lebron drive in the pick and roll.

Great college starter

Parker kills the offense. Manu is still going to play for The Heat. If the refs let Green and Leonard play defense the Spurs are unbeatable. Theyll be in foul trouble by the 7 minute mark in the first quarter on Thursday.

LeBron tired out after his burst in the 3rd. The Heat needed more LeBron to climb that hole they got inside of.

A few things that caught my eye:

- Danny Green finding a way to be effective when run off the 3 point line threw a wrench into Miami's defensive schemes. Part of the reason they were able to disrupt San Antonio's offense so much in Game 2 was when they closed out hard on the shooters, the shooter would hesitate and get caught in no man's land or fail to convert on an awkward mid range attempt.

- Leonard's aggression was a welcome surprise but he's not going to hit 3s like he was last night. His stellar play on offense however, caused his defensive intensity to go up a notch and he was getting his hands on everything and forcing loose balls and turnovers.

- The ball movement stagnated for periods of the game when Parker tried to force p'n'r after p'n'r. That play is deadly against a lot of teams but not the case against a Miami team that is filled with good p'n'r defenders that can shoot gaps and force easy turnovers. The ball movement and offense flowed better when Mills and Ginobili had the reigns and also forces the Heat's defense to spread out because of the perimeter threat. Having Parker out there with Ginobili appears to be a better combo than Parker and Green.

Turnovers and one of the sorest defensive efforts I've ever seen from those Heat players decided this one. Heat gave this one away from the jump.

I'm convinced Ray Allen will hit age 40 and still be able to do what he does on the minutes he gets. Dude has cyborg implants or some shit.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Spo should have started the 4th quarter with lebron, wade and bosh on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen1
    Spo should have started the 4th quarter with lebron, wade and bosh on the floor.
    This is why he'll never be an elite coach. His rotations are ****ed up. LeBron played only 40 minutes. It's the finals. There's no point in resting him now. Let him play 43 to 45 minutes. Wade should get 40 minutes as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    I've been braggin pretty hard on Leonard here on Ish these past couple weeks and catching a lot of ...... eh hmm..... heat for it. That young dude really showed up.
    Once again that old man Fresco with a prediction~~ we're going to see a lot of great things from that player in the future

Bonner was a severe disruption in the key at times. Didn't realize he was that physically strong. He didn't have impact on the stat sheet but he was weirding out the Heat's offense somehow. He looks like some kind of goofball but it's a real effective off-ball goofball style.

Anybody's going to win when you're shelling the hoop from anywhere on the court like that but the Spurs defense was the real thing and that's what the difference was to me

I'd like to watch a rewind of that game.
    They don't call him the king of +/- for nothing. BonBon will routinely get boxscores of: 8mins, 0points, 0rebounds, 0blocks, 0assists, 0steals, 0fouls, +15

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus-Sack
    They don't call him the king of +/- for nothing. BonBon will routinely get boxscores of: 8mins, 0points, 0rebounds, 0blocks, 0assists, 0steals, 0fouls, +15
    Teams go out of their way to try to isolate him and it kills their offensive rhythm. Bonner is also quicker on his feet, a better team defender and more physical on the boards than he's given credit for.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Spurs won and will finish off heat in 5