Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would having Andrew Bogut healthy in the playoffs of got Warriors past the Clippers?

Series went 7 and Jordan did have his way. How far would the Warriors of gone if Bogut hadn't got hurt right before the playoffs?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Would having Andrew Bogut healthy in the playoffs of got Warriors past the Clippers?

Yes.

Default Re: Would having Andrew Bogut healthy in the playoffs of got Warriors past the Clippers?

No doubt.

It was a travesty to see Warriors fizzle out of contention like that.

I honestly don't know how far they would of gone, but if you used last season as a barometer, Warriors were capable of reaching the finals, based on taking the Spurs to 6 with an inferior team to this current one.

for sure, i reckon the warriors might have gotten past the thunder too

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Andrew Bogus

Yeah, without a doubt. I think they would've given OKC a hell of a series as well. That team had a really high ceiling, they were just never able to develop strong consistency. Between injuries to Iggy and Bogut, along with the tension with Mark Jackson, they were never in a position to fulfill their potential. Curry also underperformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Yeah, without a doubt. I think they would've given OKC a hell of a series as well. That team had a really high ceiling, they were just never able to develop strong consistency. Between injuries to Iggy and Bogut, along with the tension with Mark Jackson, they were never in a position to fulfill their potential. Curry also underperformed.

Do you think Kerr's influence on the team could help?

I honestly think Jackson was a motivator and didn't do much on the coaching side.

When you watch them play, all their plays are reactionary. They don't look at all organised or in any kind of pattern of passing.

A video game style if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

I honestly think Jackson was a motivator and didn't do much on the coaching side.

When you watch them play, all their plays are reactionary. They don't look at all organised or in any kind of pattern of passing.

Kerr seems to be a very self aware and knowledgable guy and definitely knows what the team needs...the only downside is that he's a first year head coach w/ no experience

NBA All-star

Maybe.

In the case we assume that Bogut never got injured and would have never had any decline.

As for a Prime Bogut, then most likely.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Yes.

David Lee did an admirable job, but it was too much to ask out of a 6'9 skinny guy to hold Jordan down.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

It depends, I really have no idea what kind of coach Kerr is. He doesn't seem remotely close to being the motivator Jackson was, he's just not that guy. He's always been more of a reserved, analytical guy, which makes me think he's going to be more of an X's and O's coach. Which honestly would be the perfect fit for this team, because of the bolded part in your post. They have a bunch of highly motivated guys, lot of good leadership, and a lot of unselfish players. No knuckleheads or chemistry killers. What they need desperately is an offensive system with a ton of ball movement and efficient floor spacing. They've never had that at an elite level with Jackson. It's been hidden with insane shooters like Curry and Thompson, but watching them in the playoffs these past two years...they take some ridiculously tough shots against tough defenses. With a more technical coach with a system that could make their offense more structured, that team is going to be a nightmare. I shudder to think what Curry and Thompson would do in an organized offense, with more spacing, time, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    Kerr seems to be a very self aware and knowledgable guy and definitely knows what the team needs...the only downside is that he's a first year head coach w/ no experience

I honestly envisioned great things if he went to the knicks and saw him turning that franchise around. At least there he could make mistakes and not lose his job.

However not to be.

Warriors won't give him the same leeway as he would have with the Knicks.

A lot of his success is going to hinge on Bogut's health.

It depends, I really have no idea what kind of coach Kerr is. He doesn't seem remotely close to being the motivator Jackson was, he's just not that guy. He's always been more of a reserved, analytical guy, which makes me think he's going to be more of an X's and O's coach. Which honestly would be the perfect fit for this team, because of the bolded part in your post. They have a bunch of highly motivated guys, lot of good leadership, and a lot of unselfish players. No knuckleheads or chemistry killers. What they need desperately is an offensive system with a ton of ball movement and efficient floor spacing. They've never had that at an elite level with Jackson. It's been hidden with insane shooters like Curry and Thompson, but watching them in the playoffs these past two years...they take some ridiculously tough shots against tough defenses. With a more technical coach with a system that could make their offense more structured, that team is going to be a nightmare. I shudder to think what Curry and Thompson would do in an organized offense, with more spacing, time, etc.

Jeff Hornacek lite IMO

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Replace Jackson with Brooks.

Replace Curry and Thompson with Durant and Westbrook.

And you could literally re-post this exact same thing for the Thunder.

OKC BADLY needs a coach like Kerr. Wish management wasn't too cheap to fire Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Series went 7 and Jordan did have his way. How far would the Warriors of gone if Bogut hadn't got hurt right before the playoffs?

Yes they would have won