Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs interested in making David Blatt their next head coach?

I'm cautiously optimistic that the Cavs are leaning toward Blatt... and I think the way the Finals have played out may have helped his cause. They've shown that the NBA isn't all about talent, but maximizing your talent with an Xs and Os guy on the bench.

There is no better offensive mind available for the Cavs than Blatt.

Fact is, they could have hired Lue or Gentry by now. They're waiting for a reason and I don't think Blatt will disappoint in his interview this week. I'm hoping they sign him right on the spot.

It would be a nice, out of the box hire. I hope they do it. I like that NBA teams are hiring out of the box guys more (Quin Snyder, Joerger, Fisher, Kidd, etc.) and not just regurgitating the same old coaches anymore

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

I would imagine the language barrier would be an issue. I know most europeans coaches can talk english, but they still have horrible accents. Can't see irving respecting someone like that.

He's definitely a good coach, and by NBA standards, he would probably be very good.

But he is being MASSIVELY overrated by US sports media. "One of the two best coaches in Europe"....

My god, these Marc Stein articles are absolutely ludicrous. This guy is the biggest hack sports writer in the whole world.

The articles last year about Gal Mekel, and now this bullshit about Blatt and Messina - this guy is absolutely HORRIBLE.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-14-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by franchise#3
    I would imagine the language barrier would be an issue. I know most europeans coaches can talk english, but they still have horrible accents. Can't see irving respecting someone like that.
    You do realize that David Blatt is a Boston native right? There is no language barrier.

David Blatt team speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBVH707GzGY

David Blatt is not European. He's American. If I remember right, he is from Boston, or somewhere like that.

Your comment is dumb as hell.

Kobelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    David Blatt is not European. He's American. If I remember right, he is from Boston, or somewhere like that.

Your comment is dumb as hell.
    yo euroleague, trolling aside, i know youre one of few knowledgeable poster in this site

who's the best coach right now? is that pop?

who's the best euroleague coach right now?

and whos the best euroleague coach right now who is available for cavs?

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    It would be a nice, out of the box hire. I hope they do it. I like that NBA teams are hiring out of the box guys more (Quin Snyder, Joerger, Fisher, Kidd, etc.) and not just regurgitating the same old coaches anymore

I'd like to think that in this scenario we are thinking "out of the box hire" as in the box is a talent pool that is currently unexplored or familiarzied by the majority of the league.

I wouldn't consider Quin Snyder, Joerger, Fisher, Kidd, as "out of the box hire" because they've been in the NBA.

But then, I guess the other way of thinking "out of the box" would be to get someone to coach for your team, who had previously insisted that they wouldn't coach or have "retired".

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

I don't know how much people here know about him but he isn't that strict of a coach. In fact he is a very relaxed person who has friendly relationship with his players and the media.

From what I heard his practices are very short and easy so in short the way NBA players are used to.

His teams don't always play good as espected during the season but when playoff comes they start playing much better which is the case with many great coaches.
    He isn't that good of a tactical coach in my oppinion but the thing he is great at is feel for the game. He just knows when to call a time out, play small ball, make a subbstitution, change defense.

I think Clevland is very good fit for him because his game is almost always centered around a slashing pg and Irving is perfect for that role.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He's definitely a good coach, and by NBA standards, he would probably be very good.

But he is being MASSIVELY overrated by US sports media. "One of the two best coaches in Europe"....

My god, these Marc Stein articles are absolutely ludicrous. This guy is the biggest hack sports writer in the whole world.

The articles last year about Gal Mekel, and now this bullshit about Blatt and Messina - this guy is absolutely HORRIBLE.

If I gave you the opportunity to write. Would you like a clean sheet of paper, or a paper that has been rolled up and tossed away.

Everyone is an artist to their own right, and everyone likes to paint a picture differently.

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

My bad guys.

My bad guys.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I don't know how much people here know about him but he isn't that strict of a coach. In fact he is a very relaxed person who has friendly relationship with his players and the media.

From what I heard his practices are very short and easy so in short the way NBA players are used to.

His teams don't always play good as espected during the season but when playoff comes they start playing much better which is the case with many great coaches.
    He isn't that good of a tactical coach in my oppinion but the thing he is great at is feel for the game. He just knows when to call a time out, play small ball, make a subbstitution, change defense.

I think Clevland is very good fit for him because his game is almost always centered around a slashing pg and Irving is perfect for that role.
    I'm not sure about that but I'll check. My friend plays for him on Maccabi. I'm gonna email him and see what he says.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I'm not sure about that but I'll check. My friend plays for him on Maccabi. I'm gonna email him and see what he says.
    About what ? The practice part ?

I read that in a column of best basketball reporter in ex Yugoslavia and he got that from players that played for Baltt ( One even said he never practiced less than during his time in Maccabi )
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 06-14-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    About what ? The practice part ?

I read that in a column of best basketball reporter in ex Yugoslavia and he got that from players that played for Baltt ( One even said he never practiced less than during the his time in Maccabi )
    haha yeah sorry I was in a rush. Yes about how he runs practice and that stuff.