Default Re: Josh Smith is a perfect fit with the Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan
    As a Detroit fan, that's a shame.
    you're not a real fan

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesticks
    you're not a real fan
    My man, he was nothing short of an atrocity this year.

And you know what? Friends of mine in Atlanta warned me in advance. They threw a parade when Detroit signed him away from Atl. Rightfully so.

Banned

My man, he was nothing short of an atrocity this year.

And you know what? Friends of mine in Atlanta warned me in advance. They threw a parade when Detroit signed him away from Atl. Rightfully so.
    He led the Hawks to the playoffs year after year. Also it wasn't his fault he struggled, the Piston just weren't built for his talents last year. They need to get a real small forward.

Decent college freshman

He led the Hawks to the playoffs year after year. Also it wasn't his fault he struggled, the Piston just weren't built for his talents last year. They need to get a real small forward.
    Any sense of chemistry developed between Monroe and Drummond the year before was wrecked by Smith. He is a certifiable ball jack. And he sucks at it, to boot. I would give him away for free just to get him off the team.

Banned

Any sense of chemistry developed between Monroe and Drummond the year before was wrecked by Smith. He is a certifiable ball jack. And he sucks at it, to boot. I would give him away for free just to get him off the team.
    lol you're an idiot, Josh Smith didn't wreck anything. Joe Dumars should have traded Monroe before he signed Smith. Smith and Drummond with a real small forward would have been solid.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

I think he could be solid in a situation like SAS. I certainly dont believe he will work it out in Detroit. Dude was beyond bad. We lost almost every single 4th quarter because he and jennings broke off the offensive sets and went into iso-ball with very poor shot selection.

And, no contract is untradeable.

Decent college freshman

lol you're an idiot, Josh Smith didn't wreck anything. Joe Dumars should have traded Monroe before he signed Smith. Smith and Drummond with a real small forward would have been solid.
    I'd take Monroe over Smith any day. You can't trust Smith at the 4 to play any differently than he does at the 3. He's always going to drift out to the perimeter and jack 3's. That's who he is. Take him back to Atlanta, please.

Banned

I'd take Monroe over Smith any day. You can't trust Smith at the 4 to play any differently than he does at the 3. He's always going to drift out to the perimeter and jack 3's. That's who he is. Take him back to Atlanta, please.
    look at his 09-10 season.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

look at his 09-10 season.
    so, one season out of nine? That is pretty ridiculous. Face it, hes a poor jumpshooter who will almost always jack it. Is he your cousin or something?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    so, one season out of nine? That is pretty ridiculous. Face it, hes a poor jumpshooter who will almost always jack it. Is he your cousin or something?
    no, that was the only season where he had good coaching. That year proves that with good coaching shot selection can be fixed.

Josh Smith is a good guy, I know him personally. His jumpshot tendencies can easily be changed.
    well how about you call his ass up and tell him to change them? He has always shot bad jumpers. He's not a bad player but he's not a good 1st or 2nd option on offense

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    well how about you call his ass up and tell him to change them? He has always shot bad jumpers. He's not a bad player but he's not a good 1st or 2nd option on offense
    no he has a smooth jumper that he has been working on relentlessly, he just needs a team that will get him some open shots.

Decent college freshman

no he has a smooth jumper that he has been working on relentlessly, he just needs a team that will get him some open shots.
    LOL. Open shots? Defenses were leaving him open all year, begging him to put up that slop. He was all too willing to oblige.

Banned

LOL. Open shots? Defenses were leaving him open all year, begging him to put up that slop. He was all too willing to oblige.
    you don't watch Pistons games. thanks good day sir.

Very good NBA starter

As a Spurs fan, please no.

Smith shoots threes at a .28% clip, is a putrid FT shooter, turnover prone, and just not as good as he should be. Knowing that Pop will use him as a stretch-4 it's just a recipe for disaster IMO. Hope the Spurs steer clear of him regardless of contract size.

People think just everybody will work on the Spurs ("Pop will work miracles"), but it's not true. Richard Jefferson is a prime example, also Hedo Turkoglu in the mid-2000's.