Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Kevin Love Trade Speculation Thread

There are rumors coming out today that Kevin Love would re-sign in Boston if traded there, but the Wolves are more interested in the Bulls package.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...For-Kevin-Love
    (Jeff, I would link to Insidehoops rumors, but you don't have the story up yet - I will modify the link once you have it up)

Anyway, here's a list of "reported" packages for Love. What do you think is the best deal the Wolves can get?

Boston Celtics offering:
    - Pick 6, 2x future Nets picks, Jared Sullinger, Jeff Green
    (I have word from a good source that the C's want to keep pick 17 this year for either a slider, TJ Warren, Cleanthony Early or KJ McDaniels)

Chicago Bulls offering:
    - Carlos Boozer, Jimmy Butler, the rights to Nikola Mirotic, Ronnie Brewer, Pick 16, Pick 19

Cleveland Cavaliers offering:
    - Pick 1, Tristan Thompson

Milwaukee Bucks offering:
    - Pick 2, Pick 31, OJ Mayo, Ersan Ilyasova, John Henson

The other trades floating around are all really pipe dreams.

Default Re: Kevin Love Trade Speculation Thread

if cleveland offers the no.1 pick they are officialy the worst franchise in all of sports

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Bulls would be great. Noah + Gibson + Love

Twolves should trade with the bulls. Two first round picks in a deep draft and jimmy butler should help them rebuild faster. They need to build a winning culture in minny.

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    if cleveland offers the no.1 pick they are officialy the worst franchise in all of sports
    this, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    That's right. I am a Celtic fan, but I don't think the Wolves should gift us another all-star.

As a Celtic fan, I'm more interested in trading up from 6th with a future asset for a top 4 pick, hopefully the 2nd pick. I want Embiid or Parker. Both are great fits with the Boston roster

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Boston Celtics offering:
    - Pick 6, 2x future Nets picks, Jared Sullinger, Jeff Green
    (I have word from a good source that the C's want to keep pick 17 this year for either a slider, TJ Warren, Cleanthony Early or KJ McDaniels)
    Giving up both Net picks along with the 6th is too much. In the past AI and VC, off the top of my head (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) were dealt for packages that only included 2 first round picks. This package could mean three lottery picks. A deal like this should bring in a guy that makes the Cs an elite team. If the Cs can bring in Love, keep Rondo and then get at least one of the Net picks they have a path to greatness. But if it just gets them Love and Rondo that's a team that makes the playoffs and is out in the first two rounds every year.

Which could also be why there's no agreed-upon deal yet.

When was that Bucks deal reported? That would royally screw us. Giannis and one of the big 3 of this draft would be one of the highest ceiling duos in the NBA...we better not give that up WITH Henson and the 31st pick just for a year of Love.

Anyways, if Minny has really gotten a good deal from Chicago, they should go for it. Boozer will be a big expiring contract, Butler is still a young player with upside, and the 16/19 picks are pretty good in this draft...but the biggest thing is that Mirotic is an absolute stud, and very well could've been a top 10 pick in this draft. The #6 pick by Boston sounds good, but it's less valuable than it sounds considering that they'd be looking at Smart, Randle, Vonleh, etc. Good prospects, but no one incredible.

NBA rookie of the year

Love really wants to go the East so he can make the playoffs
    Last edited by JohnMax; 06-05-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Giving up both Net picks along with the 6th is too much. In the past AI and VC, off the top of my head (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) were dealt for packages that only included 2 first round picks. This package could mean three lottery picks. A deal like this should bring in a guy that makes the Cs an elite team. If the Cs can bring in Love, keep Rondo and then get at least one of the Net picks they have a path to greatness. But if it just gets them Love and Rondo that's a team that makes the playoffs and is out in the first two rounds every year.

Which could also be why there's no agreed-upon deal yet.
    I don't know if I really want to deal for Love. I think I'd rather try move Rondo for a pick if possible. I wonder if Orlando would consider trading #4 for Rondo

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Love really wants to go the East so he can make the playoffs
    Minny should have taken him in the first place.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Landry + Mclemore + DTrill + first round pick for Rondo + Green

NBA All-star

If the Wolves are firing their GM. The bulls offer actually isn't terrible.

Cavs and Bucks offer seems too good to be true
    I think that is what they think the fair market value is for K-Love
    but not nessecarily what he'll get back in return
    because I don't think #1 pick or #2 just comes around this easily in this draft
    I get the bucks offer in unloading some contract, but unless the Wolves GM have other plans in mind that can really utilize those assets. Appears good in paper, not nessecarily the best in terms of post draft decisions.

I like K-Loves trade to the Celtics even if they appear to be giving up on quite the value.

Because I think it'll be the test of how much faith they actually put in their coach they brought in from Butler.

There were reasons they'd do these type of trades when Doc Rivers were the coach, and actually pulled them off.

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    That's right. I am a Celtic fan, but I don't think the Wolves should gift us another all-star.

As a Celtic fan, I'm more interested in trading up from 6th with a future asset for a top 4 pick, hopefully the 2nd pick. I want Embiid or Parker. Both are great fits with the Boston roster
    At least that explains why you left off the Knicks as a pipe dream.

Chandler, hardaway, shumpert, 1st is in the same ballpark as those other deals.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Holy shit that could work because Gibson can check 3's and Love can shoot so it doesn't **** up the spacing

That team would get every rebound