Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Why are the old-time stans so delusional?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Kobe would average 40 ppg in this weak era
    On a .367 FG%...

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    On a .367 FG%...
    Wasn't that a league average fg% from the 50s?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    How many times a day do variations on this thread need to be posted?
    Yeah, it doesn't lead to anything productive for the majority of the time. Sure, sometimes there can be great post (Kblaze, tharegul8r, etc...), but usually the thread is never formed to get that type of answer to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Yeah, it doesn't lead to anything productive for the majority of the time. Sure, sometimes there can be great post (Kblaze, tharegul8r, etc...), but usually the thread is never formed to get that type of answer to begin with.

Few can post like that guy.

Those posters don't invest a lot of time into places like this. Just too much simple-minded thinking.

I understand that a lot of this discussion is hypothetical, but one side has produced a mountain of factual evidence and actually knows what they're talking about whereas the other is just repeating the same thing over and over. You'd think at some point it would change but no.

As far as I know players today still play the game of basketball and most of them suck at its fundamentals. So how is it delusional to think an all-time player with great athleticism, superior fundamentals and understanding of the game wouldn't be able to dominate?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Wasn't that a league average fg% from the 50s?

It is pretty ridiculous in the sense of thinking that everyone has a portable game that can be dropped in any time and any place with the exact same results. That's insane actually. I grew up loving the history the game more than the current game, but as you learn more about the game you should improve your understanding of it as well. Offensive and defensive schemes and strategies are different than even 10 yrs ago. The game has constantly evolved over time and sure Wilt would be great in this era, but would he excel at all the changes his game would undergo to be viable in this era? It's impossible to say, there's just as much room for them to be lesser players in a modern era as there is to be even greater than they were......

Decent playground baller

You stupid 14 years old. Wilt Chamberlain was a dominant force in the 60, and in his twilight holding his own with Jabbar, the same Jabbar that scored 46 on Hakeem on the 80, the same Hakeem that destoyed Shaq in the 95 Finals, the same Shaq Who win 3 straight Fmvp in 2000. ..do you understand? ? Did you See the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman#44
    You stupid 14 years old. Wilt Chamberlain was a dominant force in the 60, and in his twilight holding his own with Jabbar, the same Jabbar that scored 46 on Hakeem on the 80, the same Hakeem that destoyed Shaq in the 95 Finals, the same Shaq Who win 3 straight Fmvp in 2000. ..do you understand? ? Did you See the point?
    Some examples out of countless in that same nature, and more than that... Yet these ignorant-ass kid wanna keep talking and saying the same thing over and over again as if they even knew something Underrating the shit out of plenty of players (like Dave Cowens for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Some examples out of countless in that same nature, and more than that... Yet these ignorant-ass kid wanna keep talking and saying the same thing over and over again as if they even knew something Underrating the shit out of plenty of players (like Dave Cowens for instance).
    you underrate the shit out of current players. You and dondadda should be last posters to cry about anyone underrating players from past eras.
    If you want any intelligent discussions then ignore the posters who say that Wilt would average 10 pts a game and at the same time stop using the terms like "ignorant-ass kid" because it shows that you're a kid yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    you underrate the shit out of current players. You and dondadda should be last posters to cry about anyone underrating players from past eras.
    Look at this ignorant fool always on my dick Show some examples of that then, show me (my) posts where I underrate the shit out of a current player, must be easy since I'm always doing it, g'ahead

Look at this ignorant fool always on my dick Show some examples of that then, show me (my) posts where I underrate the shit out of a current player, must be easy since I'm always doing it, g'ahead

read your post again and tell me again why anyone should think of you as a mature poster.
    You and dondadda insult anyone who doesn't agree with you. i am starting to think that trolls like silk do a great job of replying to your posts. i rarely post in wilt or russell threads now given that no one and that includes you, knows anything about their game other than stats and a few highlight plays and may be a few full games at most. You have to study players for years and see 30-40 full playoff games to make any judgement on them to make a case for top 10 or top 5 of all time.
    Even if you were alive to see them, people you debate with weren't alive and it is only logical to not believe what you can't see.
    I respect wilt and Russell going by their stats but that is it. May be they were greater than what their stats show or may be they were worse but comparing them to current players is pointless as we don't have enough footage to make any good point in favor of them or against them. Why is that so hard for posters like you to understand?
    If you are so mature then ignore the trolls who say that wilt would be like javale mcgee in today's league and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    read your post again and tell me again why anyone should think of you as a mature poster.
    You and dondadda insult anyone who doesn't agree with you. i am starting to think that trolls like silk do a great job of replying to your posts. i rarely post in wilt or russell threads now given that no one and that includes you, knows anything about their game other than stats and a few highlight plays and may be a few full games at most. You have to study players for years and see 30-40 full playoff games to make any judgement on them to make a case for top 10 or top 5 of all time.
    Even if you were alive to see them, people you debate with weren't alive and it is only logical to not believe what you can't see.
    I respect wilt and Russell going by their stats but that is it. May be they were greater than what their stats show or may be they were worse but comparing them to current players is pointless as we don't have enough footage to make any good point in favor of them or against them. Why is that so hard for posters like you to understand?
    If you are so mature then ignore the trolls who say that wilt would be like javale mcgee in today's league and be happy.

Show some examples of that then, show me (my) posts where I underrate the shit out of a current player, must be easy since I'm always doing it, g'ahead