Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default With reports the Knicks are trying to buy a late-first rounder who should they target

To me, it should be a point guard. Ennis if he falls into the 20s would be a steal. Elfrid Payton and Jahii Carson would be two other great options.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Default Re: With reports the Knicks are trying to buy a late-first rounder who should they target

Not trade just buy? I don't see anyone giving up a 1st rounder for cash considerations

NBA All-star

Default Re: With reports the Knicks are trying to buy a late-first rounder who should they target

I think that's a good start.

Especially the fact that now they have a coaching vacancy.

Most of the contracts will most likely be re-written in a year or two from now. And you are generally safer going with a guard as a late-first rounder simply because big men takes time to develope, and a rookie guard is always easier to develope with a really low risk.

Something tells me that they don't exactly know who they are going to bring back, and are reluctant to give Melo the Max which will lose him out to some other team out there who are closer to contending than the Knicks.

They have good and solid pieces, and whether or not winning without a super star fits the New York fan bases taste.

That's just another story.

my lord the knicks are raping themselves in the ass

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    Not trade just buy? I don't see anyone giving up a 1st rounder for cash considerations
    [B]It doesnt have to be a 1st rounder but the 6ers have #3 and #10, and five second-round picks

I don't remember a team ever buying a pick in the early-mid 20's, it's always 2nd rounders.

The Knicks should absolutely try to buy a pick or two off the 6ers, they need all the young blood they can get.

Do I have any faith that Jackson will pick someone decent? No. They definitely need to try though.

Decent playground baller MC Gusto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    It happens every year.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

They should offer some sort of deal in a sign and trade for Isaiah Thomas/Carl Landry + the Kings 8th pick for Chandler and Shumpert + filler

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    They should offer some sort of deal in a sign and trade for Isaiah Thomas/Carl Landry + the Kings 8th pick for Chandler and Shumpert + filler
    That would suck for Sacramento. Also why are Isaiah and Landry put together like they have equal value?

That would be a steal for NY.

Knicks always lose on a trade.

Bulls needs to get onto this.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Chandler and Shumpert? ewwwww

Kobelicious

do they allowed to buy lottery pick for, say 10+mills

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    That would suck for Sacramento. Also why are Isaiah and Landry put together like they have equal value?
    They will have similar contracts imo Isaiah will get 6/8 million and Landry is one of the worst contracts we have signed and that's saying something. The deal is as much about getting rid of Landry as it is getting Chandler.

Imo if the Kings pay more than 4mil-5mil per season for IT he's simply not worth keeping.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 06-04-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

They will have similar contracts imo Isaiah will get 6/8 million and Landry is one of the worst contracts we have signed and that's saying something. The deal is as much about getting rid of Landry as it is getting Chandler.

Imo if the Kings pay more than 4mil-5mil per season for IT he's simply not worth keeping.
    Really? George Hill makes 8 mil and IT is VASTLY superior to him. He put up 20p/6a on very good efficiency.