Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Are the Heat the most hated team ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    I think the bad boys Pistons were the most hated team ever. Nobody liked Bill Laimbeer (every non pistons player wanted to punch him)and some players didn't like Isiah. And this rant by Johnny Most is legendary:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0

But the 2011 Heat are up there tho. Nobody liked them either, but they didn't really want to fight them, they just want to beat them very very badly. It cooled down tho it seems. The Pistons are the team other players wanted to fight.
    Epic Rant.

Yeah Bad Boy Pistons probably got this.

Lakers, Celtics, Cowboys, Hurricanes, Steelers, Yankees. Duke, Red Sox, Kentucky, Bad Boys Pistons, St.Louis Cardinals, Penguins, Habs, Bulls, Patriots, Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca, Liverpool, Man Ure, Arsenal, Notre Dame...and now the Heat

Noticing a trend here? They've all won.

Better to be hated and successful then hated and still suck ass (Jets, Eagles, Knicks, Leafs, Canucks for example)
    Last edited by BasedTom; 06-03-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Lakers, Celtics, Cowboys, Hurricanes, Steelers, Yankees. Duke, Red Sox, Kentucky, Bad Boys Pistons, St.Louis Cardinals, Penguins, Habs, Bulls, Patriots, Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca, Liverpool, Man Ure, Arsenal, Notre Dame...and now the Heat

Better to be hated and successful then hated and still suck ass (Jets, Eagles, Knicks, Leafs, Canucks for example)

NBA All-star

I was not aware that the Heat fans had been abusing their players resulting in such negative energy towards others and hence, becoming a team that is hated because of how the players act.

As for the argument that winning generates hate.

well, cus you're abusing the fans for the rest of the league

the San Antonio Spurs have been abusing David Stern for over a decade

FACT

Serious playground baller RobertdeMeijer's Avatar

The Knickerboxers got a lot of hate in the 90s, mostly because of their influence on other teams going heavy defense. Scoring went to down so quickly in the league that they changed the 3 point line.

they're hated in a different light - because of the way they came together and watered down the east.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Maybe it terms of overall fans. Basketball is promoted differently and the casually observer is far more caught up than ever. With twitter, 24/7 sports media, the way the NBA narratives are crafted nowadays your average basketball fan dislikes the Heat. I mean I've heard people who don't even follow basketball aside from highlights in the morning say I hope Indiana wins when they were playing Miami.

I mean the "decision" was everywhere. If you weren't a LeBron fan or cheered for Miami or aren't a new bandwagon fan than probably had atleast a little dislike for the event/team even if you weren't a diehard basketball fan.

Decent playground baller Denitron's Avatar

They aren't even the most hated team this year. Current Pacers are far more unlikeable

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Yeah that's true too. Hard to be a terrible team and still get hate, success brings out the haters.

That being said Miami would have still been hated/laughed at like the Knicks are if they didn't win championships. Just like when they lost to the Mavericks people made a mockery out of LeBron still failing to win a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    they're hated in a different light - because of the way they came together and watered down the east.
    yes, because fighting 1 star teams surrounded by scrubs in the east and then getting fcked by WCF winner is so much better for east. Celtics did what they could do but could only get players who only had 2-3 years of great play left in them. Heat 1-upped them and got younger stars so they might have a bigger window to win.
    You are pretty much saying that GMs in the east were not to blame for what happened when they were/are solely to blame for everything. 87 lakers didn't collude and west was still pretty shitty. what was your excuse then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Denitron
    They aren't even the most hated team this year. Current Pacers are far more unlikeable
    keep living in your bubble.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

maybe not the most ever but they are up there.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Well considering the majority of casual fans are bandwagoners and have already jumped on after the decision, i'd say there's not enough bball fans left over to make the heat the most hated ever. Most hated team would be someone who's successful and doesn't have that super marketable superstar like badboy pistons and 00's spurs. Okc this playoff run was more hated than miami by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    yes, because fighting 1 star teams surrounded by scrubs in the east and then getting fcked by WCF winner is so much better for east. Celtics did what they could do but could only get players who only had 2-3 years of great play left in them. Heat 1-upped them and got younger stars so they might have a bigger window to win.
    You are pretty much saying that GMs in the east were not to blame for what happened when they were/are solely to blame for everything. 87 lakers didn't collude and west was still pretty shitty. what was your excuse then?
    i'm just telling it like it is... i'm not blaming anybody. most people that aren't heat fans just see it that way. they're the yankees of the nba, plain and simple.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Celtics are absolutely hated in New York during playoff series especially 2012. I heard of beers being thrown at Celtics fans in the Madison Square Garden.
    Lakers are just hated cause they are one of the greatest teams. A lot of their hate was I think after Kobe kicked off Shaq.
    Duke- arguably overrated in basketball
    Red Sox are hated in New York.
    Of the people I know who grew up during the 80s in New York respected the bad boy pistons.
    Bulls- hated? I don't think so maybe the 2nd three peat team due to A LOT of questionable calls during that 3 year stretch.
    Patriots- won their rings by cheating
    Heat- I can write a book about why I hate them.
    Jets fan are hilariously delusional so I can see why they are hated

Sunshine State

Knicks are hated more and they're not even good