Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: It's starting to feel like the concensus around here is LeBron>Kobe

LeBron > Kobe unless you're a helpless stan. It isn't even really close tbh.

I usually hit open layups

I'm a fan of either player, but i'd take prime Kobe over anyone but Michael Jordan. and i'm not taking rings, mvps and things like that into account, just their game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dannysc305
    Hmm. That's 2/2 for LeBron so far. Thanks for your input.

Side note: LeBron/Kobe fan votes don't count; neutral parties only.
    Kobe's my favourite player and I pick Bran. I guess my vote doesn't count lol?

Up until last year's Finals you could make a decent argument for Kobe, and I did, but after that game 7, I wasn't doubting Lebron anymore. I wasn't ready just yet to put Bran ahead, but I was leaning towards Bran, and I officially put him ahead a couple months ago when it became clear to me that the Heat were more than likely going to be repeating again.

Lebron is a beast physically, and he's a great passer and defender. He just has a bigger all around impact in games than Kobe does. He's done very well head-to-head against Kobe, and Bran has become quite clutch in the past couple of years. I have no more doubts about the man, and I'm not going to get all butthurt and refuse to give Lebron his due just because he teamed up with some good players.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Lebron > Kobe now
    not on my all time list

I suppose you can't count my vote because I am a LeBron fan, but I pretty much stay objective about basketball even when it involves players I like or hate. It's pretty obvious to any level-headed observer that LeBron is a better basketball player than Kobe was.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    right now? sure

all time? lol

5 beats 2 any day of the week

if lebron loses this finals he'l be 2 out of 5 ( losing record in finals )

lebron just made 2nd team all defense this year in his absolute prime

its always been about rings by mvp winners. never mvp's by ring winners

moses malone 3 mvps, 1 ring ( ranked top 15-20 all time )

shaq, hakeem, duncan, kobe all routinely ranked ahead of moses with less mvps but more titles

mvp is a club you're voted into

titles are something you actually have to go out and accomplish
    this nikka went on a shitposting spree ever since LeBron reached the finals again
    you mad or salty??

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dannysc305
    And the only people defending Kobe are his stans. Most objective fans without a horse in the race are leaning towards LeBron now, no?
    Bron>>> Kobe

Now and all time

Period.

Bron is the only player that I've seen that has a legit shot at tugging MJ's cape. He's taken some steps in the right direction, but he still needs more to catchup.

Nonetheless, Bron is the best player post MJ and deserves a nod to be on NBA's Mt Rushmore.

I got LeBron. Better player overall and will have the better resume when he retires. Hell, Lebron's resume right now you can argue that its better than Kobe.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

You rarely see an objective fan on here say Kobe was better.

Very good NBA starter

It was inevitable when Lebron stacked the deck at 25 (playing in the east).

And when Ray saved him from 1-4.

But to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YedDU88ieg&t=2m36s

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

It's been obvious since about 2009 that Lebron was gonna go down as a better player than Kobe. He's always been more dominant, the only thing Kobe fans held over him was his lack of titles. Now that he's already tied Kobe in rings as the man (and will likely surpass him), the argument is no longer fair.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    You rarely see an objective fan on here say Kobe was better.
    It's about 'consistency'

Kobe is an awesome scorer with an aggressive mentality that Bron doesn't have. But that's about where he beats Bron.

Bron does so much more on a more consistent basis.

YES Kobe can be just as good of an all around player as Bron, MJ and others. But that's not who he is, so he doesn't.

Did I mention Kobe has a low IQ?

Low IQ= inconsistency

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

ofcourse lebron. more impact on both ends of the floor. more efficient in putting the ball through the hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    It's been obvious since about 2009 that Lebron was gonna go down as a better player than Kobe. He's always been more dominant, the only thing Kobe fans held over him was his lack of titles. Now that he's already tied Kobe in rings as the man (and will likely surpass him), the argument is no longer fair.
    [COLOR="White"]I will get laughed for this[/COLOR]
    Hell.... I thought Bron was gonna be better than Kobe from his debut game.

He simply had a different feel for the game, was making plays that some vets weren't even seeing.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923

Did I mention Kobe has a low IQ?

Low IQ= inconsistency
    Which playoff run are you referring to?

Between 2008 and 2010, Kobe was sub 40% in 15 games.

Between 2011 and 2013, Lebron was sub 40% in 10 games.

And Kobe didn't get to play the 40-42 Bucks.