Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

Default It's starting to feel like the concensus around here is LeBron>Kobe

And the only people defending Kobe are his stans. Most objective fans without a horse in the race are leaning towards LeBron now, no?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: It's starting to feel like the concensus around here is LeBron>Kobe

You insecure or nah?

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

2/5 on OP's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    You insecure or nah?
    Tf you talking about

Yes. It's pretty amazing though really. Kobe's fans have disappeared so much. Kobe used to have the biggest legion of stans I have ever seen for any player, AND TEAM.

Not even Lakers fans, just a ridiculous influx of people obsessed with KBB. They probably lurk or some shit. But yeah I'm happy they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DFish24
    2/5 on OP's mind.
    How'd you know I was thinking about Kobe's Finals MVP to ring ratio?
    Last edited by dannysc305; 06-03-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Personally I enjoy watching Kobe more, but I don't see how anyone could have him ahead of LeBron at this point unless you're being painfully obtuse about some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureland
    Personally I enjoy watching Kobe more, but I don't see how anyone could have him ahead of LeBron at this point unless you're being painfully obtuse about some things.
    Hmm. That's 2/2 for LeBron so far. Thanks for your input.

Side note: LeBron/Kobe fan votes don't count; neutral parties only.

Well it might have something to do with Kobe being closer to retirement right now while Lebron is still in his prime winning championships. Also some of the Kobe fans are much older now than Lebron fans in general. Mid 20's to early 30's they have lives and family's now which means more responsibilities. I mean most grow up watching and idolizing Kobe playing in mid 90's to early 2000's at young age. The age difference makes a big difference here. How many on ISH still make multiple threads on West, Wilt, Oscar, Kareem, Magic for example? Not many the generational difference is big and people being prisoners of the movement from Lebron greatness with two straight champions and going for three peat.
    Last edited by Cold soul; 06-03-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Well it might have something to do with Kobe being closer to retirement right now while Lebron is still in his prime winning championships. Also some of Kobe fans are much older now than Lebron fans in general. I mean most grow up watching and idolizing Kobe playing in mid 90's to early 2000's. The age difference makes a big difference here. How many on ISH still make multiple threads on West, Wilt, Oscar, Kareem, Magic for example? Not many the generational difference is big and people being prisoners of the movement.
    Solid contribution. Good point.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I hate them both, and consider LeBron better.

Kobe has more rings, but I chalk that up to a combo of having more time in the league, more years with a better coach (Top 3 coach, argument for #1) and help (prime Shaq >>>> Wade, Bosh). It is already 2 to 2 FMVPs.

4 to 1 MVPs (the main reason I have LeBron over Kobe). Yes, Kobe could have more if you gave him 1 when he couldn't make the playoffs or barely made the playoffs, but LeBron could also have more.

The efficiency difference is huge, and isn't like LeBron gets high efficiency simply because he is a big that gets easy put backs.

Defense is about equal btw IMO, with Kobe having an edge in 1 on 1 defense and LeBron having an edge in help D.

Quote Originally Posted by dannysc305
    Solid contribution. Good point.
    Thank you!

Serious playground baller strike first's Avatar

Kobe is like 50 years old dude nobody even talks about him much anymore

Banned

right now? sure

all time? lol

5 beats 2 any day of the week

if lebron loses this finals he'l be 2 out of 5 ( losing record in finals )

lebron just made 2nd team all defense this year in his absolute prime

its always been about rings by mvp winners. never mvp's by ring winners

moses malone 3 mvps, 1 ring ( ranked top 15-20 all time )

shaq, hakeem, duncan, kobe all routinely ranked ahead of moses with less mvps but more titles

mvp is a club you're voted into

titles are something you actually have to go out and accomplish

LeBron is reffed by legit refs, unlike Kobe who got help from the corrupt Donaghy.