Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Real talk: How rampant is drug use in the NBA re: Brandon Jennings

Does anyone have links or know of stories of NBA players and drug use. I've heard a few things here and there. How common do you guys think it is? How do guys get away with it? How often are guys playing hungover?

The Brandon Jennings thing isn't being talked about much except on gossip websites, which is a shame because it sheds light on how irresponsible these guys are as multimillionaires disrespecting their franchise. The guy is just flat out ignorant. The younger NBA athletes are really distracted and it paints a real good picture as to why some players don't to reach their potential. Respect to Swaggy P for saying no. Guy needs to be conscious of who he surrounds himself with and probably ask Kobe for some mentorship on how to get to the next level. It's not in clubs doing molly.

Jennings is a father
    Grew up in Compton
    His dad committed suicide

Explains a lot
    Last edited by BigBoss; 06-03-2014 at 02:43 AM.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Default Re: Real talk: How rampant is drug use in the NBA re: Brandon Jennings

Every NBA player smokes weed and pops the occasional molly.

Very good NBA starter

lets not act like regular people with jobs aint popping mollys at clubs either

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    Every NBA player smokes weed and pops the occasional molly.
    So does everyone on ISH apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    lets not act like regular people with jobs aint popping mollys at clubs either
    They poppin mollys because they have regular jobs. These guys are multimillionaires under contract, so why the ignorance?

Or do you not get it...

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    They poppin mollys because they have regular jobs. These guys are multimillionaires, so why the ignorance?

Or do you not get it...
    lol wtf

Just because youre a millionaire you cant do drugs?

I hate to break it to you but most rich folk are more likely to be on some type of drug

I am your soldier!

Don't act like Nick Young partying and drinking is super healthy either.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I do lines of coke just for fun.

Usually when OKC loses. Or when Durant has a bad game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge

Usually when OKC loses. Or when Durant has a bad game.
    you were busy lately then

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    lol wtf

Just because youre a millionaire you cant do drugs?

I hate to break it to you but most rich folk are more likely to be on some type of drug
    No intellect detected in this post.

You missed the point. I'll allow you to think.

Their professional athletes under a legal multi million contract that specifically states that you cannot consume illegal substances. Furthermore, in any future contract negotiation this will get brought up. Kiss any endorsement goodbye as well.

Brandon Jennings is 24, has regressed, has a career fg% under 40, and has been traded once.

So yes it is pretty damn ignorant. it's why athletes go broke. And what i'm getting at is, how much does drugs and the temptations off the court play into it? More then we think.

And don't alter my point either, how does comparing Jennings to a rich white america have anything remotely to do with what i'm asking in the OP.

You're dismissed.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 06-03-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    What other reasons are there

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Don't act like Nick Young partying and drinking is super healthy either.
    It's a lesser of 2 evils, but i agree. That's why I said he should look to Kobe for mentorship to get to the next level. A lot of times it's just personal i.e. quit partying, get serious about the big picture..

Very good NBA starter

Being a multi millionnaire doesn't change the fact that Jennings is 24 years old and basically on summer break (similar to a teacher's break from school). and NBA players been using drugs for decades. I mean who wouldn't want to drop acid with Bill Walton? or smoke a joint with Kareem? lol

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    you were busy lately then

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    No intellect detected in this post.

You missed the point. I'll allow you to think.

Their professional athletes under a legal multi million contract that specifically states that you cannot consume illegal substances. Furthermore, in any future contract negotiation this will get brought up. Kiss any endorsement goodbye as well.

Brandon Jennings is 24, has regressed, has a career fg% under 40, and has been traded once.

So yes it is pretty damn ignorant. it's why athletes go broke. And what i'm getting at is, how much does drugs and the temptations off the court play into it? More then we think.

And don't alter my point either, how does comparing Jennings to a rich white america have anything remotely to do with what i'm asking in the OP.

You're dismissed.
    bruh you act like NBA players are the only people under contract. There are millions of workers under contract that probably consume illegal substances.

btw u must be a pistons fan for being so butthurt about this