Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: I can't remember the last time people were so unsure about who's winning the Finals

Hopefully 7 games again.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: I can't remember the last time people were so unsure about who's winning the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Hopefully 7 games again.
    This. It literally took 24 seconds shy of 7 games to determine the champs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I get a vibe that fans in general don't know who the hell is going to win this series. It was so close last year that people don't know what is going to happen. Miami as a team was better last year, but they got a healthier Wade this year. Duncan and Parker have regressed a little, but the rest of the team seems better.

I for sure as hell don't know who is going to win.
    This is nothing new. It's been the exact same the past couple years. A bunch of people acting like OKC and SA are the favourites, and then they lose. It will be no different this Finals. SA is going down. Ducan and Ginobili are too old, and Parker will be playing hurt. Miami's got this. I don't see any way Bran let's his Finals record drop to 2 wins, three losses, and besides Bran, the Heat have the second best player in the East as well.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by 16X
    This is nothing new. It's been the exact same the past couple years. A bunch of people acting like OKC and SA are the favourites, and then they lose. It will be no different this Finals. SA is going down. Ducan and Ginobili are too old, and Parker will be playing hurt. Miami's got this. I don't see any way Bran let's his Finals record drop to 2 wins, three losses, and besides Bran, the Heat have the second best player in the East as well.
    You got a point there bud. For the past two years, people have been picking the West to win the ship including this year. Team work will win you games but if Bran plays like a true superstar in this series, then I see the Heat taking it again.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Yeah I just feel that there's a lot of question marks surrounding both teams right now.

-Are the spurs the team that went 7 against Dallas or the team that cruised past Portland and handled OKC pretty well?

-Did LeBron/Wade figure out the Spurs last year winning 3/4 games to close the series or not?

-Did the Heat just beat the real Pacers team or a shell?

-Will Lebron's jumper be on?

-How healthy is Tony Parker?

-Were Manu's struggles last year a product of the Heat's defensive system (as we have seen a similar player in Harden struggle against them as well) or was he just off?

Honestly no outcome from Spurs in 4 to Heat in 4 would surprise me. Gun to my head i got the Spurs in 7.
    Well said, though as of right now I find it tough to bet against the 2 time champs. Aside from the 2011 finals, they've found a way to win every series in the last 4 years. You could argue that many of those series were made tougher by Miami's complacency, but the results always favored Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I just cannot see this series being anything other than an all-out war. It's gonna be incredible to watch. Two of the most exciting teams when they're on their games, albeit in pretty different ways.
    Well put. The best thing about this series is that, very unlike 2007, when it was a 'team concept vs 'one-Lebron wrecking ball', both teams are quite team orientated, so it'll make for fantastic viewing. You can bet all Heat and Spurs players will go at 110% to get the wins.

Such a shame about Parker's injury though. hope he can pull through and be 100%

Not airballing my layups anymore

-Were Manu's struggles last year a product of the Heat's defensive system (as we have seen a similar player in Harden struggle against them as well) or was he just off?
    he was just off, he played even worse against warriors/grizzlies iirc

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Well put. The best thing about this series is that, very unlike 2007, when it was a 'team concept vs 'one-Lebron wrecking ball', both teams are quite team orientated, so it'll make for fantastic viewing. You can bet all Heat and Spurs players will go at 110% to get the wins.
    This.

Heat have come a long way since 2011 when their gameplan basically consisted of Lebron and Wade taking turns in iso. I'd even go so far as to say the Heat play better teamball than almost any other team in the league, one of those teams being San Antonio. Should be an awesome series, just like last year.

College superstar

Miami was favored in 2011, lost.

OKC favored in 2012, lost

Miami was favored in 2013, won.

Spurs favored in 2014, ???

Its not like Vegas has been doing great at this the last several years...

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dannysc305
    Give me the Heat in 6. HCA is the worst thing that ever happened to Indiana as well as San Antonio. This Heat team does NOT lose 2 back to back playoff games, never has never will, so all your doing is setting yourself to get robbed of HCA early in the series only to head back to a hostile White Hot American Airlines Arena with the threat of going down 3-1 with the snap of a finger. I see playing out exactly like Indy series. Heat take 1 of first 2, except this series I think it's G1 instead of G2. Head back home, handles business, lose G5 and wrap it up at home. Sooooo lucky they changed the 2-3-2 or else that's Heat in 5. How you luhh dat?

Da Mavs

Interestingly, ESPN has 12 of its 18 "experts" picking SA, and only 6. I'm picking Miami in 6, but a darn close series.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Yeah I just feel that there's a lot of question marks surrounding both teams right now.

-Are the spurs the team that went 7 against Dallas or the team that cruised past Portland and handled OKC pretty well?

-Did LeBron/Wade figure out the Spurs last year winning 3/4 games to close the series or not?

-Did the Heat just beat the real Pacers team or a shell?

-Will Lebron's jumper be on?

-How healthy is Tony Parker?

Honestly no outcome from Spurs in 4 to Heat in 4 would surprise me. Gun to my head i got the Spurs in 7.
    this. manu can play great against anyone except the heat....could be an exception here and there (game 5 last year) but the heat defensive system kills him

Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ice
    It's gonna be the Finals bro any road game environment will be hostile, especially considering how well Heat play at home. The crowds have been nice throughout the playoffs, and if it's anything like ECF G6 it is easily a hostile environment ask Lance & Indy

Banned

heres hoping the finals wont give me a heart attack

im not unsure at all.