Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: How good of a shooter is Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by tanner892
    considering he averaged 25ppg on 45% and 35% 3pt, and lit them up for 37 points in Game 7, no I wouldn't call it a success, I think it works in spurts, but in Game 7 it was clear that he was feeling it and they still played him like he was Shaq from out there, it was actually hard to watch.
    Game 7, the plan backfired yes, but it was working for a large part of the series, LeBron is not an amazing shooter, his game is elite around the rim and in the paint, he just got hot and stepped up to the plate when the Spurs dared him to shoot in game 7, if you are being dared to shoot to begin with, I wouldn't say that you are considered a great shooter....

average shooter, strange mechanics, unpredictable shooting performances. one night he could shoot 20% from the perimeter and other nights he could be lights out. it's pretty wild.

Stats Show Lebron outside of 10 ft is around a 40% shooter which isn't very good except for 3 pointers which 38% he shot this year is solid.

But yea like someone said, he's streaky. He's like Wade though he is a pretty reluctant shooter from those spots because they see the value of driving and dishing to really good wide open shooters.

Banned

LeBron averaged 41% from 3 point line last year, and around 38 % this year (numbers Kobe never got) and people still call him an average shooter

In fact, LeBron actually had one of the highest catch and shoot percentages this season, and people still call him an average shooter.

I guess this is one of the instances when a player has a stigma attached to them for their entire career, just because of a bad few seasons (2003-2007) of shooting.

NBA All-star

dribble pull ups

especially the two spots right between the free throw lines if you can get there. That's how I'd try to shoot myself out of a slump.
    unless you can drive left, but then you'd also be challegened with the ability to hit bank shots instead of just regular jump shots.
    but if I really can, I would use my forward motion to do a semi-hook, draw a charge shot.

baseline jumpers is how I get into a groove for hitting open mid range.
    probably the 45 angle for my 3s

I don't know if the Spurs defense is actually better than the Pistons and or the Celtics Lebron had faced earlier in his career.

That's just a reality.

Slightly above average, but very streaky. Enough to make him seem elite at times. His jumpshooting efficiency is a bit inflated because of Miami's terrific offensive system and spacing, but he has improved substantially over the years.

We will find out in the Finals cos the Spurs won't be letting him dunk all game

Made that high school varsity squad

2012-13 I thought he had a great jumper but this year it seemed to regress. 3 point shot is average at best but he has good selection with it so he can hit it at a good clip.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

how is lebron not a good shooter? I thought it was pretty much universally accepted Lebron is a decent shooter I guess I was wrong.

Surely you guys remember all the kobe comparisons back when he was healthy on here. So often you would see threads stating Lebron has surpassed Kobe as the better jumpshooter and most of the time the arguments had stats to support them. Im still new to this NBA thing, i guess i got trolled.

Lebron is solid to good as shooter goes anyway. I have to give Lebron some credit here he has greatly improved his shooting especially from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Lebron is what I'd call an "average" mid range shooter. Below average from 3. A beast in the paint.
    He shot 41% last year and 38% this year, from the 3. How the heck is that "below average"? He's a career 34.1% shooter from the 3. Is Kobe a below average 3pt shooter?

Banned

Most people have covered it already, LeBron is streaky, thats the best word to describe him.