Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Bird and Vogel Want To Re-sign Lance Stephenson.....

Almost died when i saw ESPN report his agent saying, "there will be no lack of suitors" or something to that tone. I mean guys solid, but night in night out you just do not know what your get from him. Only suitors are bottom feeders who are gonna over-pay the guy. I'd be hesitant at best but id be lying if id say he didn't have a profound effect on the success the pacers saw this year. Upsetting Hibbert seems like hell be a horrid contract. Really like INDY.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    There will plenty of teams out there for him to choose from
    I can tell you right now without a doubt the Knicks/Lakers/Nets would probably throw a near-max contract at this fool no questions asked.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I hope Lance gets near a max or max. Can't wait to watch that unfold.

The Pacers bringing Stephenson back most likely means the Pacers will either renounce the rights to Evan Turner or try to work out a sign and trade for Turner with another team so they get an asset back.

Turner to the Hawks would be ok. He's 25, he definitely had a chance to improve his game in Indy (didn't get much run, but he was joining late in the season), and we need help at small forward.

Maybe a Shelvin Mack for Evan Turner deal. The Pacers get help at point guard with Mack, who is solid and improved this year (and certainly is a better QB at point guard than Hill is) and the Hawks get Turner to help out at small forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    I can tell you right now without a doubt the Knicks/Lakers/Nets would probably throw a near-max contract at this fool no questions asked.
    The Pacers could clear out cap space and try to sign Shaun Livingston to help out at point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    The Pacers could clear out cap space and try to sign Shaun Livingston to help out at point guard.
    They need Rondo.

shhhhhhh

Don't know about the numbers teams would be willing to be pay but he's certainly going to get offers for a heck of a lot more than he got paid last year

They need Rondo.
    Sure, but why would Indy want to help out Boston? Maybe if the Pacers sent back some first round picks (at least 2 picks that are high in the draft and if the Pacers took on Wallace's contract).

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    The Pacers bringing Stephenson back most likely means the Pacers will either renounce the rights to Evan Turner or try to work out a sign and trade for Turner with another team so they get an asset back.

Turner to the Hawks would be ok. He's 25, he definitely had a chance to improve his game in Indy (didn't get much run, but he was joining late in the season), and we need help at small forward.

Maybe a Shelvin Mack for Evan Turner deal. The Pacers get help at point guard with Mack, who is solid and improved this year (and certainly is a better QB at point guard than Hill is) and the Hawks get Turner to help out at small forward.
    Scola has to go to if the Pacers plan on matching the 8-9m Lance will be offered.

Basically, if the Pacers want to keep him, their bench will be gutted. Should S&T now and fill a position of need (PG) or SF (and move PG to the 2, now that'd be unfair).

Lance gonna get overpaid somewhere else most likely.

NBA All-star

Unless someone within the Pacers organization are convinced that Stephenson/George/Hibbert are all good buddies and will take pay cuts to play next to each other.

They should look at Hill/Hibberts contract before they decide what money they want to offer Stephenson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Larry Bird and Frank Vogel both hope the Indiana Pacers re-sign Lance Stephenson this summer.

Stephenson will be an unrestricted free agent.

"I think his ceiling is what he wants it to be," Bird said. "I always want him back. You just don't let talent like that walk away if you can help it. (Once he matures his) game is unlimited.

"He's a free agent and can do whatever he wants to do. When it comes down to it, it's up to him whether he wants to be here or not."

Bird said the team has discussed what it will cost to bring Stephenson back but has not determined what they will offer him yet.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...title/9867941/

yea but they sound like they wanna pay like 8 mil a year. He's not gonna sign for that. Bet anything. I dunno if I would, either.

I think they have to either go upwards of ten or make him a pretty amazing promise. Like lie to him that they are going in the right direction. Get hibby working with hall of famers... lol

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Scola has to go to if the Pacers plan on matching the 8-9m Lance will be offered.

Basically, if the Pacers want to keep him, their bench will be gutted. Should S&T now and fill a position of need (PG) or SF (and move PG to the 2, now that'd be unfair).
    Stephenson will get more than $8 mil/yr. That's what George Hill gets, and you can bet Lance thinks he's a little more valuable than Hill.

The Pacers are going to have to get pretty creative to even afford Stephenson, I can't see him being the kind of guy who takes a paycut.