Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron's FG% is as detrimental to his team as it is beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'm going to ignore the OP's points. Its not a detriment to this team cause Lebron can actually afford to be that selective with his shots. He's got 2 all-stars on his team who's strengths revolve around their scoring ability and bunch of guys who can hit 3s. Now if he was still playing on his Cavs teams, it would be very misleading and somewhat of a detriment to his team.
    Exactly, there were nights in cleveland that if Lebron didn't at least attempt 20 shots, they would probably lose. He really didn't have help there at all and his fg% really could be detrimental to his team if it was bad because no one else can carry his load besides occasionally mo williams (lol). I hate Lebron James though for the reason because he can have a bad game but has 3 future hall of famers on his team to pick up his slack and good 3 point shooters off the bench and their version of "bruce bowen" in shane battier

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I'm a "LeBron hater" and even this shit is pushing it bro
    Lol this is a sign of rock bottom for OP.

Lebron should take lower percentage shots, is that what OP wants?

Thread backfire... Everyone who watches the game knows that LeBron takes most of the bailout shots in broken plays.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Exactly, there were nights in cleveland that if Lebron didn't at least attempt 20 shots, they would probably lose. He really didn't have help there at all and his fg% really could be detrimental to his team if it was bad because no one else can carry his load besides occasionally mo williams (lol). I hate Lebron James though for the reason because he can have a bad game but has 3 future hall of famers on his team to pick up his slack and good 3 point shooters off the bench and their version of "bruce bowen" in shane battier

This isn't really true

1. lebron rarely has "bad games". Check his game logs with the heat the past few seasons and you'll be hard presses to find 10-15 games where he shot bad from the field.

2. When lebron actually does play bad, the heat almost always struggle or lose

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Agree with the OP to an extent. Yes, he pads his stats and protects his percentages quite obviously at times. Other times, he is simply trying to make the best basketball play.

At the end of the day, the numbers are highly overrated when it comes to him.

Funny, because I've been thinking about how money Lebron has been with his long bail out jumpers when the clock is about to expire. Never used the word money before, but yeah, I always see him taking the shot when the clock is about to expire. I think haters just want certain things to be true so bad that Lebron could take 99% of the bailout shots, but they will literally only noticed the one he passed.

Local High School Star dabigbaws's Avatar

lebron takes so many last second shots cause he dribbles the clock out on every possession

Back to back mvp/fmvp/champion on his way to a 3peat type of detrimental?

Not even sure if you also mean that "the others" are actually just as good as Lebron in this aspect, that "the others" can also do that FG% at that magnitude of up to 30 ppg if they wanted to.... i wonder why they dont, especially when considering it translates to the best outcome at the end of the year....

What if... what IF Lebron was just better than "the others"? Could that be possible?

Banned

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dabigbaws
    lebron takes so many last second shots cause he dribbles the clock out on every possession
    So now we're switching to this narrative? Good to know. Will notify the rest of #teamkobe

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    This isn't really true

1. lebron rarely has "bad games". Check his game logs with the heat the past few seasons and you'll be hard presses to find 10-15 games where he shot bad from the field.

2. When lebron actually does play bad, the heat almost always struggle or lose
    DUDE im talking about cavs lebron. Hop off

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Agree with the OP to an extent. Yes, he pads his stats and protects his percentages quite obviously at times. Other times, he is simply trying to make the best basketball play.

At the end of the day, the numbers are highly overrated when it comes to him.
    He cares way too much about stats honestly especially his percentages. It's become evident since his first year as Heat player.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    LeBron James

LeBron is absurd in a lot of ways, but this is ridiculous. The Heat have played at a slower pace each of the past three years, and this year they're taking late-clock shots on 13.7 percent of their possessions, the fourth-highest share in the league, behind Memphis, Chicago, and Utah. This is not good; late shots are inherently less efficient shots. So how is Miami still the second-most efficient offense in the league, overall? LeBron, basically.

Of the Heat's massive number of late-clock plays, LeBron is responsible for 31.2 percent of them. This is the highest percentage of any team's late-clock possessions for a single player. And not only that, at 0.93 points per possession, he's miles ahead of the league average of 0.78 points per possession. Among players with at least 100 of these possessions, he's 12th in efficiency, and he's taken 347. Put another way: LeBron is more efficient with less than four seconds on the clock than Paul George and Tim Duncan (both right around 0.92) are in the halfcourt.

With Dwyane Wade missing a big chunk of the season, LeBron has taken on a huge amount of offense, and he's kept the Heat attack rolling, the way he used to for Cleveland. It also helps that in his fourth year in Miami, Bosh has become a reliable outlet valve, ranking near the top of the league in efficiency for late shots (0.98 points per possession), and remaining a deadly spot-up shooter from midrange

http://regressing.deadspin.com/which...ock-1563759412

BTW, LeBron has taken TWICE as many late clock shots as KD. Peculiar since KD had so many more FGAs...

This also represents almost 20% of LeBron's total shots.
    it says that the heat play at the 4th slowest pace... the heat offense runs down the shot clock alot (lebron iso) so obviously lebron is gonna shoot alot of late shots... late shots =/= bailout shots, there is no context in that statistic... fact is lebron has countless of times passed up a bad shot for an even worse shot at the expense of a teammate and has rarely taken a last second heave at the end of the quarter, ive seen maybe one shot at near half court which i was shocked he took

This topic again?