Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Why does everyone focus so much on Lebron being GOAT rather than 2nd GOAT?

It's highly unlikely that Lebron can match and surpass MJ's career and end up the GOAT.

But on his current pace, Lebron is on his way to the undisputed second best player of all time.

But then how come no one ever talks about the possibility and likelihood that Lebron will be 2nd GOAT? Why does everyone either try to bash Lebron and talk about Lebron being the GOAT? Why is there no realistic middle ground?

It's also fitting that the King becomes the second best all time, as the GOAT is reserved for god (MJ).

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: Why does everyone focus so much on Lebron being GOAT rather than 2nd GOAT?

Because of people like you who say "The more I watch LeBron, the more I think he is > MJ"

Default Re: Why does everyone focus so much on Lebron being GOAT rather than 2nd GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Because of people like you who say "The more I watch LeBron, the more I think he is > MJ"

Hmm I don't recall that.

NBA All-star

because of peoples inability to get over the number 1
    so Gilbert Arenas popularized the number 0

because there can only be one GOAT
    or the term GOAT blows up and human literature is burned and destroyed.

the reality and possibility that mutiple GOAT will live through our time
    and because of circumstances make them imcomparable to others

is you know, something for history
    which is... fabricated. unless you believe in a talking snake

something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    because of peoples inability to get over the number 1
    so Gilbert Arenas popularized the number 0

because there can only be one GOAT
    or the term GOAT blows up and human literature is burned and destroyed.

the reality and possibility that mutiple GOAT will live through our time
    and because of circumstances make them imcomparable to others

is you know, something for history
    which is... fabricated. unless you believe in a talking snake

something like that.
    MJ is the consensus GOAT.

And after Lebron retires, he will be the undisputed 2nd greatest of all time.

NBA rookie of the year

If he made his teammates better like Steve Nash and Magic Johnson. I could see him being better than Jordan.

But he only helps catch and shoot players like Ray Allen. He made Wade and Bosh's stats worse.
    Last edited by JohnMax; 06-02-2014 at 03:27 AM.

The media tries to force down peoples throats the comparison of every great player to mike. That's why I don't care when people say stuff like 'mike wouldnt have passed up that shot' etc, because these people are just comparing someone to the GOAT to try and bring that player down, which is really stupid.

Kinda seems like mj has taken away some people's enjoyment of other great players

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    Hmm I don't recall that.

NBA All-star

MJ is the consensus GOAT.

True, the Roman Empire lived on for about 500 years.

And every country, historical government since then has been either sh*t or 2nd greatest of all time. or you know, unless you want to argue Roman Empire isn't the GOAT government in history.

you get my point.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

MJ ruined the NBA in terms of how we view players compared to him. Nowadays, no superstar is allowed to succeed on their own terms, they must live up to him.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    MJ ruined the NBA in terms of how we view players compared to him. Nowadays, no superstar is allowed to succeed on their own terms, they must live up to him.
    Actually.

David Stern may had brain f*cked you.

And now Adam Silver is here to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    Actually.

David Stern may had brain f*cked you.

And now Adam Silver is here to save the world.
    Damn straight I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    I mean...

Kareem, MJ, Wilt, Russell, Bird, and Magic are always going to have an argument over any modern player. That doesn't mean it's right, but Bron is gonna have to do some wild shit in order to get consensus 2nd when a lot of people (myself included) would question whether MJ was really GOAT... and wasn't just someone having the sexiest resume.

Kareem to me is the most iconic bball player cuz he did it all of his life until he was 42, but does that mean if you put him vs prime Shaq that he'd win the matchup?

Just like I think Bird would probably do LeBron dirty.

I rate by talent not resume, but that's just me...

-Smak

1. God - MJ
    2. King - LeBron

Where will the servant end up?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    If he made his teammates better like Steve Nash and Magic Johnson. I could see him being better than Jordan.

But he only helps catch and shoot players like Ray Allen. He made Wade and Bosh's stats worse.
    They helped each other to be more efficient. Bosh gets the bigs out of the paint, which makes more room for LBJ and D-Wade to finish at the rim. You can't double Wade or LBJ because they could find each other or shooters. But Wade and Bosh changed their game more for LeBron James and to fit a system.

But LBJ isn't Magic in terms of running the offense, but he's better than a lot of ppl.