Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

Default Westbrook vs Prime Pippen

Current Westbrook or Prime Pippen, who's better?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Westbrook vs Prime Pippen

Pippen:
    Control/run the offense better
    Better and more versatile defender
    Play more in control
    Better finisher

Westbrook:
    Better scorer and could get any shots he wants
    Better ability to drive to the basket
    A better midrange pull up jumper

I think Pippen because he played much more in control and his defense is better. Westbrook tends to go 100 mph all the time when he should go at 60-70mph, which is probably why he doesn't finish well at the rim like he potentially could. That or he just doesn't get respected down there enough by the refs. And he takes a lot of bad shots.

Westbrook has a bunch of potential tho. But bottom line is that I think Pippen could play the point better than Westbrook.

Banned

its tough but basketball IQ,efficency and defense give Pippen a clear edge.
    infact imo Pippen is top 15 alltime as hes maybe the 2nd most versatile player ever after LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    its tough but basketball IQ,efficency and defense give Pippen a clear edge.
    infact imo Pippen is top 15 alltime as hes maybe the 2nd most versatile player ever after LeBron

Dat disrespect for Magic doe.

NBA rookie of the year

Here are their stats

Scottie Pippen

Russell Westbrook
    Last edited by JohnMax; 06-02-2014 at 05:42 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy

Dat disrespect for Magic doe.
    hes not better than Magic but more versatile EASILY.
    why?? because he is the GOAT perimeter defender, a good scorer AND an elite passer
    hes defense alone makes him more versatile than Magicbecause hes also good on offense

I would rather have Pippen play the point over Westbrook for that team. U would get everything better than Westbrook other than scoring. But Pippen would still get u 23 points a night if needed. However, I'm looking at this through the prism of playing PG for OKC. If Westbrook was considered a SG (a move OKC should really consider), then I think I would take Westbrook over Pippen. Westbook in many ways reminds me of a slightly smaller version of D-Wade. I think a move to SG would really harness those skills. But at the same time, he's such a difficult matchup at PG, so I wouldn't blame OKC if they kept him at PG. And work with him in improving his floor generalship. Sure he's averaged very good assist numbers and can run a team very good. But the ELITE floor generals are epic at it. I'm talking guys like Magic, Isiah, Stockton, Big O, Kidd, Nash, CP3, etc. Some of those guys are just as devastating scoring as Westbrook but SMOKE HIM in terms of floor generalship. Hell if he could balance the two they way Steph Curry has grown to, that would be more than sufficient.

Given his freak athletic ability, I would want him to maybe study KJ and how KJ balanced scoring and passing. Given his size at 6'3 or 6'4, I would want him to maybe study Payton and Frazier. And how they were methodical at times and used their size to dominate smaller PG's while ALSO smothering them with their size on defense. If he combines this with his freakish athletic skills, his peak value at PG could possibly reach top 5 ever kind of levels. But even if he doesn't, he's still a superstar and top 10 player in the world. It's just that I put a certain premium on floor generalship at PG. Many PG's similar to Westbrook ended up shifting to SG because of their scoring dominance and score first mentality.
    Last edited by bizil; 06-02-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Westbrook is good but 6 rings is better than none.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam2k9
    Westbrook is good but 6 rings is better than none.
    Lol that's literally the worst argument in sports. So lazy. Keep eating up that ESPN

NBA Superstar

It would be boss as **** to see Westbrook/KD work together under Phil Jackson.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Given his freak athletic ability, I would want him to maybe study KJ and how KJ balanced scoring and passing. Given his size at 6'3 or 6'4, I would want him to maybe study Payton and Frazier. And how they were methodical at times and used their size to dominate smaller PG's while ALSO smothering them with their size on defense. If he combines this with his freakish athletic skills, his peak value at PG could possibly reach top 5 ever kind of levels. But even if he doesn't, he's still a superstar and top 10 player in the world. It's just that I put a certain premium on floor generalship at PG. Many PG's similar to Westbrook ended up shifting to SG because of their scoring dominance and score first mentality.
    This is a good idea.

I don't think Westbrook would have the patience and IQ to run the offense as good as KJ tho. At least not right now. He's still young and could improve. You can see Westbrook actual run the offense pretty well at times. Like those games with the Clips or a game or two with the Memphis. That's something he should do more consistently. I don't really mind him scoring a ton anymore while playing the point, but he just have to learn how to run the offense, get ppl shots, and make better decisions (like don't try to shoot a 3, 5 feet behind the 3pt line with 20 secs to go on the shot clock if you are down by 3).

He could play the 2 very well tho. He's basically a 2 right now. But if he ever learned how to control his game better, he'll be great. Like he could potentially be one of the best PGs the league has ever seen.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by DFish24
    Current Westbrook or Prime Pippen, who's better?

Prime Pippen, because some experiences/savviness can't be taught

I think Prime Westbrook has the potential to better than a Prime Pippen

I actually think that looking at Westbrooks stats, I suspect he plays better next to a good scoring SG than a good scoring PF

Maybe its his ability to drive has made him give less thoughts on pick and rolls and its efficiency. But I'd like to think that that's an aspect of the game he would eventually develope as he age.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Pippen for sure.
    Prime Defender. Prime Passer.
    And an Alpha personality that realized Beta was the way to win with Mike.
    Russell has not learned this with Durant yet, and is why I would take Pip all day long.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

this ain't even a question....Pippen by a mile

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    this ain't even a question....Pippen by a mile
    This just shows how underrated Scottie Pippen is. It's not even close.