Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Re: ::Let's fix the Indiana Pacers

It's simple. They need to sign Trevor Ariza and Kyle Lowry. And get rid of Lance.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    It's simple. They need to sign Trevor Ariza and Kyle Lowry. And get rid of Lance.
    They can't afford those two.

NBA rookie of the year

It's simple but signing Ariza won't do them any good. Stephenson is way better player for them.

What they need to do this offseason is put George Hill and the rest of their bench scrubs on the market.

Hill can't make an entry pass to save his life. It's pathetic. For a point guard, you would think he could do that. Same thing with Paul George, but Indy isn't trading him.

Their guards need to work on making a simple entry pass. Hibbert needs to man the fk up and hold his position in the post.

Kyle Lowry or Rajon Rondo in place of George Hill would put Indy over the top easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    -I doubt that Milwaukee would do this, but Hibbert + Scola + Hill for Mayo + Sanders + Illy.

Milwaukee is trading those 3 for amare(expirer), Tim Hardaway jr, Felton, 2018 1st

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    It's simple but signing Ariza won't do them any good. Stephenson is way better player for them.

What they need to do this offseason is put George Hill and the rest of their bench scrubs on the market.

Hill can't make an entry pass to save his life. It's pathetic. For a point guard, you would think he could do that. Same thing with Paul George, but Indy isn't trading him.

Their guards need to work on making a simple entry pass. Hibbert needs to man the fk up and hold his position in the post.

Kyle Lowry or Rajon Rondo in place of George Hill would put Indy over the top easily.
    Give me Rondo, all day.

Home of the 16

I'm not really sure there are many takers for George Hill to be honest. They'd have to get back an equally unappealing contract. I do agree that they probably need to check the market for Hibbert + Hill.

Here are a couple thoughts:
    -I doubt that Milwaukee would do this, but Hibbert + Scola + Hill for Mayo + Sanders + Illy.

-Then S&T Mahinmi + Copeland to Washington for Ariza. (I don't think WAS break the bank for Ariza this summer, personally. I also think they're losing Gortat.)

-S&T Lance for a trade exception. Use this trade exception to S&T for Greivis Vasquez

-Use non tax-payer's MLE and BAE to sign a back up wing and back up C (maybe James Johnson & Jordan Hill).

Vasquez-George-Ariza-West-Sanders
    Watson-Mayo-Johnson-Illy-J. Hill

Would be a totally different look to this team, with some better shooting and youth, but Idk how close to luxury tax this roster would take them and if they'd be more of a title contender with this group. I still think that they're missing some star power at the end of the day (Lowry would be awesome but I doubt they can get him). They'd also have almost no flexibility for a couple years with this roster.
    That is not a fair trade. lol

& Mayo + Sanders + Illy is too much for what you're offering for them. Lol c'mon.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Would anyone trade George Hill for Kyle Korver + a filler? Mike Scott? That 8mil contract. -______-

Amnesty David West?
    That would be a terrible mistake.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Hibbert and Lance for Carmelo

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    That is not a fair trade. lol

& Mayo + Sanders + Illy is too much for what you're offering for them. Lol c'mon.
    The trade exception part? If he wants out, wherever Lance signs, Indy can just do a simple S&T and not take back salary (standard procedure). This trade exception can then be used in the exact same manner to acquire another player. If Masai is losing Vasquez, he darn sure is getting a trade exception via S&T out of it. He is the best GM in terms of fleecing teams in trades- well on second thought, he only keeps destroying Dolan, but a TE is a valuable asset to improve a team. In a vaccuum Lance is a better player than Vasquez, but Indy needs a better point guard and this is one way to do that.

Regarding the Bucks trade, it's just a proposal. It's essentially a Mayo for Hill swap and a Hibbert/Scola for Sanders/Illy swap. I don't know what the Bucks' FO is wanting to do in terms of dealing veterans vs. playing young guys. Sanders arguably has never had worse trade value and Illy is on a long-term deal and he might be overpaid. It's just a matter of throwing out options. They might bite. Milwaukee has little leverage imo in trading these guys based on the season they just had.

Edit: That Bucks trade saves Milwaukee money long-term. Hibbert could be gone in at most in 2 years, Scola's expiring, and Hill had a much better year than Mayo. Sanders has 4 more big-money years and he's a head case...
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 05-31-2014 at 06:54 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I'm not really sure there are many takers for George Hill to be honest. They'd have to get back an equally unappealing contract. I do agree that they probably need to check the market for Hibbert + Hill.

Here are a couple thoughts:

-Then S&T Mahinmi + Copeland to Washington for Ariza. (I don't think WAS break the bank for Ariza this summer, personally. I also think they're losing Gortat.)

-S&T Lance for a trade exception. Use this trade exception to S&T for Greivis Vasquez

-Use non tax-payer's MLE and BAE to sign a back up wing and back up C (maybe James Johnson & Jordan Hill).

Vasquez-George-Ariza-West-Sanders
    Watson-Mayo-Johnson-Illy-J. Hill

Would be a totally different look to this team, with some better shooting and youth, but Idk how close to luxury tax this roster would take them and if they'd be more of a title contender with this group. I still think that they're missing some star power at the end of the day (Lowry would be awesome but I doubt they can get him). They'd also have almost no flexibility for a couple years with this roster.

This makes no sense.

- You're getting Mayo and Sanders, 2 guys who aren't exactly going to help a locker room, and have never proven to be able to help a team's winning record.

- Washington could get far more than Ariza if they wanted to trade him (which they don't, and won't). Mahinmi + Copeland is nothing at all. Two of the worst players on the worst bench, what a deal.

- Vasquez is your answer to Hill at point guard?

I dont think any teams involved would do something this absurdly stupid and if they did, the Pacers either don't get any better or get worse.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak

This makes no sense.

- You're getting Mayo and Sanders, 2 guys who aren't exactly going to help a locker room, and have never proven to be able to help a team's winning record.

- Washington could get far more than Ariza if they wanted to trade him (which they don't, and won't). Mahinmi + Copeland is nothing at all. Two of the worst players on the worst bench, what a deal.

- Vasquez is your answer to Hill at point guard?

I dont think any teams involved would do something this absurdly stupid and if they did, the Pacers either don't get any better or get worse.
    The point we were discussing was dumping Hibbert + Hill for something. Mayo's not the best teammate in the world, but neither is Lance (who apparently caused a ton of strife in that locker room). Sanders is a head case but has he had issues with teammates? That dude has had Greek Freak's back since he arrived in Milwaukee. He got in a bar fight, smoked weed, and was inhumane to his dogs. All very deplorable acts. I've never seen bad things about him as a teammate, but I could be wrong too. You're also underrating Sanders big time. He was their ENTIRE defense in 2012-2013.

Washington can keep Ariza but the point is Ariza may not want them. He's an UFA. Also keep in mind they got $7.5M or so being paid to Webster and Porter Jr. to play SF. If they commit market value to Ariza, they have $15M+ at SF with no star at that position. That's why I think they may let him walk. My deal brought in an expiring (Copeland) and a cheap C. My post said I believe they're losing Gortat, so I thought it'd be inferred from my post they'd need another C on that roster. If they lose Ariza/Gortat, they have ~14M in cap space (off top of my head). What centers are there that are available for them to get? They might hold onto cap room for next season so they can get Love. That's in their sights. They could decline a QO to one of their young bigs and take on Lin + Asik I suppose.

If you think George Hill is a better PG in terms of shooting and running an offense, you're wrong. Why don't you make some trades proposals to improve the roster?

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Trade George Hill + pieces for Jeremy Lin

That's the only thing this team has to do to improve their team dramatically.

Laugh all you want, but Jeremy Lin would make this team a CONTENDER with his style of basketball. Perfect for players like David West, PG, and Hibbert. Linsanity 3.0