Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Duncan hasn't put up 20/10 in over 6 years in the Playoffs

Classic kneejerk reaction by the NBA community. His career has benefited by having a great coach and guys like David Robinson, Parker, and Ginobli around him. This is the same TD that lost in the first round as a 1st and choked in the Finals against Ray Allen, and didnt win FMVP his last championship. Popovich managing his minutes prolonged his career

Hes great but hes not on Kareems level to be raving about. Hes been a consistent great player passed his prime on consistently well coached deep teams
    Last edited by BigBoss; 05-20-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Default Re: Duncan hasn't put up 20/10 in over 6 years in the Playoffs

Is your username a reference to Metal Gear Solid?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I would smack the shit out of OP right now if I was coked up.

Serious playground baller

OP: I woke up this morning and decided to take a dump on ISH.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Classic kneejerk reaction by the NBA community. His career has benefited by having a great coach and guys like David Robinson, Parker, and Ginobli around him. This is the same TD that lost in the first round as a 1st and choked in the Finals against Ray Allen, and didnt win FMVP his last championship.

Hes great but hes not on Kareems level to be raving about. Hes been a consistent great player passed his prime on consistently well coached deep teams
    If Kareem is the standard you're measuring by, that's a pretty high bar. And why do you think one should average 20/10 at 32+. That's pretty good for prime but no one expects those numbers post-prime.

People keep comparing Kobe Duncan but they play different positions. Duncans a PF/center and his longetivity/success should only be compared to Kareems. How does one say kobe is better then Duncan and vica verca it makes no sense. There should only be top 10 lists by position.

And i thought stats was the only thing that mattered on ish thats why i bring it up otherwise lebron would not be top 10 on peoples lists

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Classic kneejerk reaction by the NBA community. His career has benefited by having a great coach and guys like David Robinson, Parker, and Ginobli around him. This is the same TD that lost in the first round as a 1st and choked in the Finals against Ray Allen, and didnt win FMVP his last championship. Popovich managing his minutes prolonged his career

You do realize that Kareem didn't average 20/10 for his last 8 years right? And unlike Duncan, the majority of his championships took place in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    You do realize that Kareem didn't average 20/10 for his last 8 years right? And unlike Duncan, the majority of his championships took place in that time.
    /thread

Shaq didn't have a 20/10 Playoff run in his last 6 years. Kareem didn't in his last 7. Moses had one at 33 but then retired the next year. Garnett hasn't had one in the last 6 years.

You see how easy it is OP?

Also, do Duncan haters need so many different accounts? They're obviously two or three people, who have like 20 total posts and are writing the exact same shit. P*ssies.

NBA Legend

Duncan is the antithesis of empty stats.

His impact is much GREATER than his stats. As opposed to the Kobes and Melos and Hardens and Loves.

Also, D. Rob's Playoff stats with Duncan: 13.5 / 10 / 2 / 1 / 2. Very, very good numbers, and he had a very big impact. But if he was drafted in '97 and played until '03, you think that guy is a Hall of Famer?

Kobe benefited from having Shaq, Gasol, Dwight. Shaq benefited from having Penny, Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Nash. Garnett benefited from having Pierce and Allen. Kareem benefited from having Worthy and Magic. Bird benefited from having McHale and Parish.

Yet again, you see how easy it is? You're talking as if Duncan has been playing on the most stacked teams in league history.

And since when is 18/11 at 37-years-old choking? Stop posting your stupid lies. He didn't choke against Allen. He choked against LeBron and Wade, two of the best players of the 21st century. Talking like Duncan lost to the early '00s Bucks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Isn't Duncan averaging like 18/10/2 since 08 in the playoffs?

I'd say that is pretty damn special at his age considering he also provides some of the best interior defense in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Isn't Duncan averaging like 18/10/2 since 08 in the playoffs?

I'd say that is pretty damn special at his age considering he also provides some of the best interior defense in the league.
    18/11/3 if we're rounding up.

20/10 is such an arbitrary number. Kareem didn't do it in his last 7-8 years, yet nobody questions his impact.

I can only imagine what these "fans" will evolve into. Soon a player is gonna have to average their peak numbers every year until at least 40 in order to be considered elite.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Also, D. Rob's Playoff stats with Duncan: 13.5 / 10 / 2 / 1 / 2. Very, very good numbers, and he had a very big impact. But if he was drafted in '97 and played until '03, you think that guy is a Hall of Famer?

Kobe benefited from having Shaq, Gasol, Dwight. Shaq benefited from having Penny, Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Nash. Garnett benefited from having Pierce and Allen. Kareem benefited from having Worthy and Magic. Bird benefited from having McHale and Parish.

Yet again, you see how easy it is? You're talking as if Duncan has been playing on the most stacked teams in league history.

And since when is 18/11 at 37-years-old choking? Stop posting your stupid lies. He didn't choke against Allen. He choked against LeBron and Wade, two of the best players of the 21st century. Talking like Duncan lost to the early '00s Bucks.

Kobe Benefiting from Dwight now?

Wow Ish has gone full retard mode

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    Kobe Benefiting from Dwight now?

Wow Ish has gone full retard mode

-Smak
    If anything it shows Kobe's inability to adapt to the situation he's handed. Imagine Duncan getting to play with a 17/13 player.

Oh, wait, he got close to playing with won in D. Rob. The result: 2 rings in 6 years.

-Smak